main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Gul'dan Chronicles (Orig Character, Windu, Jedi Council) Update 12/14/2007

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi_Trevor_GulDan, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Jedi_Trevor_GulDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 17, 2003
    Stardog:

Thanks, dude!! I'm still writing more and more... The details are so neat. I liked the part about Shudo and the wall. You see Obi-Wan do it in EP1, so it made sense to have other Jedi using that technique too. Besides, Shudo is much older :D

Next chapter to be posted in the next two days.

2. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Note: Ok, everyone. I've gotten some feedback, and you know what. I'm just gonna have to deal with being shameless for a while.. :D

CHAPTER FIVE - TRIALS OF A JEDI

Author's note: You thought chapter four was nerve racking? This one ought to really keep you on your feet....

The evening shimmer of Coruscant?s cityscape was reflected across the living quarters in the Jedi Temple. A faint blue tint could be seen across Trevor?s face. The Miraluka slept very soundly for the first time since the return from Brentaal. The normal sight of perpendicular lines of vehicles was significantly lessened so early in the morning. Now, instead of fifty vehicles in a hundred meter segment, there were maybe ten to fifteen in the same section. Cleaning droids worked tirelessly on the outside of the Temple, washing windows and touching up paint where needed.

The com-station bleeped to live, loud enough to cause Trevor to stir. Trevor shakes the sleep from his limbs and clambers out of his bed. He turned towards the com-station, and a ripple in the Force, and the sounds of heavy footsteps notified Trevor that the same message disturbed Shudo. Trevor pressed a button on the com-station, and a message appeared:

MISSION PROFILE:
    LOCATION: MORIBEDO DISTRICT/PLANET METALLOS/CORE WORLD REGION

Droid analysis of docking security cams has revealed the presence of numerous unidentified beings matching profile of subject 624/Aldara/G3. Beings do not register on port-security infrared-scans. Subjects are to be investigated with caution. Illegal operations by subjects will warrant immediate apprehension and/or use of lethal force. Secondary priorities involve location and recovery of stolen historical artifact.

Displayed under the message was a copy of the security-cam capture, both in normal light and infrared. Normal light showed Trevor a Deshade walking directly through a shuttle terminal. The infrared scan showed? nothing. No heat signatures whatsoever. As he heard his master emerging from his adjacent quarters, Trevor was suddenly very much awake. Having dealt with the Deshade very recently, Trevor knew that this could be a very big break in solving the mystery of the Aldaraan Museum thefts. Another image drew his attention. A conjectured image of the stolen historical artifact gave credence to Trevor?s thought of solving this mystery.

Trevor was deep in thought when a sudden wave of agitation and foreboding hit him through the Force. Concerned, Trevor adjusted his sight and was greeted with Shudo?s appearance walking slowly down the corridor. Shudo was staring at his datapad with a look of frustration, his skin a jumbled mix of orange, red and purple. Though Trevor did not mean to pry, the display on Shudo?s datapad was clearly visible as Trevor?s master approached.

DATAFILE: IRRYMAHD (ALIAS?)
    SPECIES: UNKNOWN
    HOMEWORLD: UNKNOWN
    HEIGHT: 2.25 M
    WEIGHT: 170 KG
    AGE: UNKNOWN (Unverified source indicated activity during the initial settlement of the planet Belgaroth 589 years ago)
    LAST VERIFED CONTACT: failed apprehension 21 years ago by Jedi Knight Shudo Laan.
    APPENDUM: 92% of Irrymahd?s victims died from massive cerebral trauma from unknown weapon.
    EXTREME CAUTION ADVISED.

UPDATE: Investigation of recent activities on Metallos indicates the involvement of the criminal Irrymahd. The nature of his involvement is unclear at this time. The council has instructed Master Shudo Laan to take necessary measure to apprehend the subject, using lethal force if needed. Master Shudo has also been advised to instruct his padawan to avoid contact with the subject.
    --------

With a growing sense of unease, Trevor withdrew his vision back into his room as Shudo stopped in front of his door. Trevor did not want to be rude and eavesdrop on his master, but this information was not something that Shudo would just give up on his own. Shud

3. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004

Uh, this is soooooo exiting :D
    *standing on my toes*

4. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Chapter Five - Part 2

Trevor finished getting ready, pulling his gear together. As he was placing his lightsaber on his belt, it dawned on him that Shudo was extremely serious during their tea. Shudo was usually a bit more jovial with Trevor, but this time it was certainly much different. Trevor looked down at his belt, and realized that he needed to know just how dangerous this mission was. Something needed to be done to test Shudo?s apprehension level.

Shudo, early on in Trevor?s training, told him that whenever he needed something from Shudo?s apartment he could take as long as they were paired together. Trevor also recalled that his old lightsaber was still in Shudo?s apartment. Shudo had mentioned to him that if he needed it, he could get it at anytime. Shudo had stored it in a small closet near the front door.

Trevor entered Shudo?s darkened apartment. Apparently Shudo was already at the Phoenix and might even be waiting for Trevor. Trevor opened the closet and quickly located the weapon. Trevor?s sight also spied half a dozen training remotes. Trevor looked at the remotes, and immediately found a sack to place them inside. Trevor left the apartment and raced down to the hanger bay, where the ship was already in prelaunch. Trevor looked around the hanger bay, and noticed a familiar face. He waved quickly and hurried up the landing ramp, which started to close as he reached it.

Trevor climbed into his seat next to Shudo on the bridge moments later. ?Sorry I?m late, Master.?

Shudo waved at Trevor, ?Not a problem, Trevor. You must have a good reason.?

?Yes, Master. I would like to ask you a favor, if you wouldn?t mind. I would like to have you set these training remotes on the setting that you feel would be appropriate for this mission.?

Shudo turned his massive head toward Trevor and nodded. ?Leave them here and I will set them for you.?

Trevor left the bridge and headed to the kitchen lounge in the back. He pulled out both lightsabers and walked through some simple lightsaber drills with the blade extinguished. The movements felt awkward and funny, but Trevor did not want to caught unaware. Knowing that the Dashade were bred assassins did not sit well. A disturbance in the Force notified Trevor that the training remotes were circling around him. He ignited both blades, blue and white blazing in the small lounge. He began a fluid dance, slicing through the air, deflecting laserfire as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, the remotes got through his defenses early and often. The stings of the remotes were the hardest he had ever felt. Knowing that if he didn?t recover his defenses soon he would be unconscious, Trevor disengaged Shudo?s blue blade and cast it aside. White light dominated the room as Trevor?s blade whirled around, knocking laserfire around the room, causing acrid smoke to build up in the lounge area. As suddenly as it started, all six remotes floated towards the forward door, into Shudo?s bag.

?I believe that you work best with only one blade, Trevor.?

The white blade retreated into the simple handle. ?I was trying to expand my horizons, Master. I just need more practice.?

?We shall see how well your practice has helped you. Rest now, we still have some time before reaching our destination.?

The Crystal Phoenix emerged from hyperspace into the Metallos sector. Shudo took control of the Phoenix and headed directly towards the planet surface. Trevor took note of the planet surface. Where Coruscant had towering cityscapes, only a few tall buildings could be seen. The rest of the city was single- or double-story buildings. As the ship landed, Trevor noticed that the buildings had grungy tarps hanging from the building front. There seemed to be a dirty feel to the entire area. Everyone kept their covering up, so faces could not be seen. Trevor headed towards the landing ramp and met Shudo just outside the Phoenix. Both Jedi put their hoods up. Trevor still smiled to himself when Shudo walked wi

5. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Up!!

I know, it's shameless.

6. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004

Shiiit! This story is so.... erhm... Ecxiting! (im NOT english) And so well written :D

7. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Necare: Don't worry about your english. I'm glad that you like the story. And I have not forgotten about your request via PM. I've stamped a reminder to my car, so when I start to head home I'll get it together.

Any other comments? Another post is coming on Friday. Be expecting the unexpected...

8. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    Weeeeeeeeeeee! :D
    But i have the UAA now :s the miraluka isn´t that complicated as i thought :s

9. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Necare:

Glad you got it! I actually have the POJ sourcebook, and that was where I got the stats on my Miraluka. Oh, well. It is amazing what poetic license can give ya!

EDIT: I just have to tell my loyal fanbase about this news...

My mother, who is not a Star Wars / Science Fiction reader, has actually sat down and read the first eight chapters! Not only that, but she's editing it!!

Not THAT is great news for a new writer.. His mom likes it! WooHOO!!!

10. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    Hehe...... Well, its my littlebrother who got the book, and the Arms & Equipment one to!!! Hehe :D
    Maybe its a a little bit different, bacause im danish and maybe they did some edit on it before they sent it over here, hehe... but its still english... so its good that im VERY good at understanding ernglish! :D
    Hehe....

11. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Author's note: This section is a little longer than I really wanted but I figured I can't leave you in the middle of a battle sequence and not finish it.

Trevor?s stomach flipped three times before he could get it under control. He felt around his utility belt for his comlink, and from memory dialed up Shudo?s comlink.

?Trevor? Is everything alright?? Shudo?s voice reached his ears.

?Master, what is your location? I have some news that you might want to hear.?

?I am nearing the Metallos Pit. Why??

?I found the Irrymahd.?

Silence greeted Trevor?s ears, and he needed to continue.

?I found a Dashade, and followed it. It walked to the Pit, and entered a seedy cantina, where he walked to a corner booth, and I am currently watching the two have a conversation. I can?t hear anything and I am not in direct contact with the cantina. I am about two hundred meters away in a small alcove.? More silence. ?Have I done something wrong, Master??

?No, my padawan. You?ve done well. Keep watch. Let me know if things change.? Trevor sensed a bit of relief in the voice as well. ?I thought for a moment ? It is of no consequence. Keep your vision on him, and do not move.?

?Yes, Master.?

Trevor turned off his comlink and placed it back on his belt. The two subjects were just talking, rather animatedly. Trevor wished for a moment that he could hear what they were saying, but it probably was not in a language that he?d understand. Trevor got himself comfortable in his alcove and prepared for long wait.

A change in the Irrymahd?s attitude stopped Trevor in his tracks. Irrymahd suddenly raised his hand to stop the Dashade from speaking, and he turned around as if looking for something. Irrymahd closed his eyes and Trevor realized that he was a Force-sensitive. Trevor grabbed the comlink from his belt and was nearly finished with Shudo?s frequency when Irrymahd?s face became nearly berserkish. Trevor imagined a snarl coming from Irrymahd?s mouth as Irrymahd stood up, causing the Dashade to back away from the table. The rest of the patrons looked over quickly, and just as fast, put their faces to their cups. Trevor got up from his location and started to head towards the cantina as he spoke into his comlink.

?Master, Irrymahd has noticed something. He is searching for someone, I think.?

Shudo?s voice was tense over the comlink. ?Irrymahd may sensed my presense. What is he doing now??

Trevor watch Irrymahd get up from the booth, and bolt out of the cantina. Irrymahd looked around, sniffed and turned.

?He?s leaving the cantina and heading in a southerly direction.?

?My presense was not hidden well enough, he sensed me. I need to get off the street. Continue following the Dashade. Leave Irrymahd to me.?

?May the Force be with you, Master.?

Shudo did not respond due to the preparations he was taking, Trevor presumed. Trevor watched as Irrymahd turn a corner, moving east, and turned his vision back to the Dashade. The Dashade, on the other hand, seemed to be frenzied. He immediately left the cantina and headed north. Trevor moved quicker and switched back and forth so that he would not trip on the occational stone, rock or crack in the structures. He did not want to lose the Dashade and this would certainly constitute losing him if the Dashade suddenly disappeared. It only took a couple of minutes to get to the Pit. The Dashade had turned east as well, going around the Pit. Trevor thought that was odd, but maybe he might be going to get some reinforcements. The Dashade walked nearly the length of the street and turned right into a three story apartment-type building. When the Dashade entered the building, Trevor quickened his pace and moved to the alleyway on the west side of the building. Trevor?s vision showed that the Dashade headed through the building, towards an apartment on the southeast corner. Trevor followed the Dashade into the apartment, where a new surprise awaited him.

Two more Dashades were sitting on sleeping cots in the corner

12. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    This story is so nice!!! *Jumping after/before each word*

I dont know what else to say, just that i love reading it.. hehe :)

13. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Chapter 5 - Part 4

Shudo Laan had been a Jedi Master for many years and he needed every gram of experience to even be alive against Irrymahd. The two combantants had been battling for nearly fifteen minutes and the tension of the standoff was showing on both of their faces. Trevor noticed that Shudo was a neutral green color, with bits of red and orange flashing through his skin. Shudo?s green blade whizzed through the air, blocking large pieces of debris, paristeel beams and any thing else Irrymahd needed keep Shudo more than arm?s length away.

Irrymahd on the other hand looked angrier than Trevor had ever seen. The beast was nearly five meters tall, dwarving even Shudo. A large five-meter beam was in his arms and he was swinging it like a club at Shudo. Neither combatant could gain an advantage. Trevor noticed that Leftenant was crouched behind a storage container and was taking aim at Shudo. He nearly called out to Shudo, but he did not want to break his concentration. Shudo, however, did not need Trevor?s assistance. As soon as Leftenant had a bead, he fired his weapon. Shudo, without even looking back, swung his blade over his head and parallel with his back, deflecting the shot back at Leftenant. The shock on the remainder of leftenant?s face gave credence to Shudo?s abilities.

Irrymahd and Shudo continued to dog one another for a few minutes more. As Irrymahd waved the beam like a club, Shudo took over half-meter pieces each time it swung close to him. Irrymahd got fed up with the beam and threw it at Shudo. Shudo ducked down and the beam went crashing into the wall, causing the brick and mortar to explode in a shower of debris on the outside. Shudo took a deep breath and moved into close combat range. Irrymahd, however, had a bit of a surprise for him. Irrymahd closed his eyes, reached out his hand, and blue lightning reach out of Irrymahd?s hand and headed straight for Shudo?s head. Shudo raised his lightsaber in defense and the lightning caught directly on Shudo?s blade. Shudo moved in again, and Irrymahd fired Force lightning at the Anx once again. However, Shudo had a surprise of his own. Shudo reached out his hand, and captured the lightning into his hand. Shudo closed his eyes and the lightning dissipated right in front of Trevor?s sight. Shudo then reached out his hand, and Irrymahd suddenly flew through the air, crashing through the outer wall and falling nearly forty meters onto a landing platform over the pit. Trevor switched his vision back to his point of view, and walked down the ramp, lightsaber drawn and lit. Irrymahd was definitely dazed, and Shudo walked up to the edge of the opening and followed downward, landing on his feet graceful as a cat. Shudo advanced on Irrymahd, saber up and ready. Irrymahd got to his feet slowly, still stunned by the sudden drop. Shudo whipped around, Irrymahd putting up a feeble defense, and Shudo slashed directly through Irrymahd?s left shoulder, downwards to the right hip and through. Irrymahd took a step back, teetering on the edge. Shudo raised his hand one more time, and Irrymahd fell backwards, falling down into the Pit. The Pit was rumored to be bottomless. Trevor could not tell as he never heard the sound of Irrymahd?s body crashing into anything. Shudo?s breathing quickened as if he were physically exhausted. However, he twisted his neck around, saluted and, with a quick flick of his wrist, turned off the lightsaber and replaced it onto his belt.

Trevor walked over to the end of the platform and waited for his Master to step away from the edge where Irrymahd tumbled. Trevor sensed a great deal of anguish from Shudo over killing another, but Shudo also had a profound sense of peace about him. Knowing that it was kill or be killed seemed to sit well with Shudo. Shudo turned and saw his padawan at the end of the ramp.

?Been busy, Master?? Trevor knew that even slight levity help him when he needed it.

?Just a little, Padawan.? Slight yellow coloring could be seen around the eyes and just under

14. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Firstly, sorry I haven't been around lately, but I'm glad I started reading this again, it looks like it's still getting better!
    The battle leading to Irrymahd's death was good. That's what you get for messing with Master Shudo!

15. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    You gotta think, he's huge!!! He's gotta be a tough cookie.... I thought the whole thing was nailbiting when I worked it out with my gaming partner.. What an edge of your seat night THAT was... :D

16. NecareXX

NecareXX Jedi Youngling

Apr 7, 2004
    Shudo had a surprise of his own. Shudo reached out his hand, and captured the lightning into his hand. Shudo closed his eyes and the lightning dissipated right in front of Trevor?s sight. <---- Uhhh.... thats nice dude :D Hehe.... Write more, so i can read it! :D

17. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Author's Note: This is the last part of Chapter 5.

The Crystal Phoenix arrived in short order, and E5 wheeled itself down the ramp towards the transport ship. Trevor and E5 went right to work on changing the designator of the ship to Emerald Unicorn. Shudo went aboard the Phoenix to prepare for take off. Trevor and E5 calculated the jump time, and with the Crystal Phoenix?s computer system, double checked the coordinates and times. E5 squawked at Trevor, letting him know that he was ready to take off. Trevor nodded to E5, and contacted Shudo.

?Master, we are ready to take off when you are.?

?We?ll see you back on Coruscant, Trevor.?
    The trip back to Coruscant took longer than the trip to Metallos. Each ship with a hyperspace engine had different speed in which it could travel. The lower the rating on the ship, the faster it could travel. Unfortunately, the transport could only move at half the speed of the Phoenix. During the two hour trip back to Coruscant, Trevor reviewed the entire mission. It seemed as if there was something missing in the entire scheme of things. Trevor felt that some where, someone was getting some very good information, and if it wasn?t going to be recovered quickly, innocent people would get hurt, and so would the Jedi Order.
    Entry into the Jedi Temple was completely routine. Shudo had called when they entered Coruscant space, and a cadre of Jedi technicians were on hand to unload the transport. E5 and Trevor landed the transport in a rarely used hanger so as to make it easier to have search teams investigate every inch of the ship.

As Trevor exited the transport, Shudo waved him towards the turbolifts. E5 twittered at Trevor, and Trevor waved him towards the Phoenix. E5 whistled an affirmative, moving smoothly off to complete his tasks. Trevor walked towards the lifts and noticed that Shudo was standing near the Council?s lift. Shudo opened the door without a word, and the two entered. Trevor was a bit tired from the mission and was still not comfortable in this role. Shudo stared straight ahead, his thoughts to himself. Trevor could read nothing but calm on Shudo.

The doors opened to the waiting area, and the chamber?s doors were already open in anticipation of the comrades. The entire council was present for them, which Trevor found odd. At least two of the Council members had been on missions recently. Shudo strode into the chambers, and Trevor took his usual place on the first light colored ring. Shudo took up most of the center rings.

?Requested this meeting, you did Master Shudo. What is your report?? prompted Yoda.

?Master, I would like to give you a full accounting of the mission, but not from my eyes. I request that my Padawan, Trevor Gul?dan, give this debrief.?

Trevor?s stomach twitched and his skin crawled at Shudo?s request. ?I got a bad feeling about this,? Trevor thought.

Master Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke up. ?Master Shudo, this is highly irregular.?

?My apologies, Master Mundi, but the reasons will be clear by the end of the briefing.?

Shudo turned towards Yoda and Mace Windu. The pair looked at one another in anticipation. Trevor noticed that Windu even raised an eyebrow as if to say, ?Well, should we allow this to happen??

Yoda turned towards the rest of the Council as well. Trevor kept his eyes on Yoda and the green Jedi Master turned towards Shudo. ?Unusual this request is, Master Shudo. However, interested we are in hearing from your padawan.?

Shudo turned towards Trevor and motioned him forward. ?Now, Trevor, please give the Council a FULL accounting of the events on Metallos.?

Trevor swallowed what seemed to be a Bantha-sized portion of air, and stepped forward. For the next fifteen minutes, Trevor gave Shudo and the Council the entire mission that he was involved in. When Trevor mentioned parts where Shudo had intersected his story, Shudo filled in the gaps on what he had been doing. Trevor?s story about the death of Irryma

18. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Chapter 6 Part 1

TRIAL OF A JEDI

For the next five days, Trevor?s life became more stressful than ever before. The novelty of the Council?s pronouncement that he was prepared to take the Trials had quickly worn off. That first day, rumors spread that a Nexu Padawan had been told to prepare for the Trials. The remaining members of Trevor?s Nexu Clan were overjoyed to hear that another of their 'little family' was to take the Trials. That evening?s meal was the most rowdy in a long time, Trevor thought. The talk was congratulatory and a bit louder than most nights. Many of the other clans took part in the celebrations as well, just to be nearer to the newly popular Miraluka. However, the celebrations were short-lived. Lessons needed to be reviewed, and class assignments that had fallen behind needed to be caught up. Trevor had always been a decent student, and he felt that these lessons might not be useful for the Trials, but they were necessary nonetheless.

The next two days were spent with his normal routine of drills, lessons and research. Trevor enjoyed the drills and dreaded the research. Each research assignment took longer each year and this week, Trevor could hardly keep his mind on the task at hand. Questions of how to prepare kept going through his mind, interrupting his tasks. Trevor spent more time each day meditating on the ways of the Force, and having a hard time sleeping each night. On the fifth morning, Trevor awoke with a desire to release his tension. He gathered his robes and lightsaber, stormed from his quarters and proceeded directly to the Jedi obstacle course. The obstacle course was used to train younger padawans in the ways of the Force. Barriers and other objects were placed on the course to train padawans to predict opponents and to use the Force in battle situations. Trevor detested the course as a younger Padawan, but the need for physical activity overrode Trevor?s dislike.

Trevor went to the control room and asked the technician to set the obstacle course to the most difficult level. The technician raised his eyebrows, but did not ask any questions. Trevor took two minutes and cleared his mind completely, imaging the course and the ways to get around the obstacles. The Force flowed through him, giving him a premonition of the course ahead.

Shudo Laan awoke moments after Trevor left his room. The Jedi Master realized that Trevor?s nerves were getting the best of him and moved quickly to follow his padawan. Knowing that Trevor had not been through this before caused some consternation for the Jedi Master. The nervous energy he had felt from his padawan only increased Shudo?s concern. Shudo walked to the obstacle course control room fifteen seconds before Trevor started the course. Shudo recognized the mantra Trevor was saying to himself. Shudo relaxed a bit, and regarded the technican.

?Master Shudo, he asked for the hardest level. I wanted to challenge him, but you said not to question him if he requested anything.?

?Good, he needs to get his mind back on the task at hand.?

Trevor felt a slight shift in the Force, realizing that Shudo was nearby. He blocked the feeling out, concentrating on the task at hand. The entire room was darkened, signaling Trevor to begin. Laserfire erupted from the upper portions of the corridor in front of Trevor. He ran forward, lightsaber ignited, deflecting the shots against the wall. He ran forward down the hall, gathering the Force to him, creating a well of power within him. Five more laser shots headed towards Trevor; however, he had jumped ahead with relative ease. Trevor continued to dodge, weave, jump, deflect and tumble his way across the obstacle course. Shudo watched his padawan, and realized that he was physically ready for the task that the Council would provide. Shudo did not even know of the Council?s plan, but was convinced that Trevor would make a fine Jedi, provided he could pass the next part of the tests.

The midday mea

19. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Where was my PM? ;) Did you forget?

But I've caught up anyway, and it's quite nice to see Trevor finally getting the chance to take on the Jedi trials (looking forward to see exactly what he has to do). The rank of Jedi Knight beckons, and he deserves it.

20. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Author's Note: Sorry for the long delay. My kids had end of summer things to do, and being a good dad requires that I be there in support. So, now that summer is here, and my kids can be lazy, I am ready to get back to work. I've hit a road block on a later chapter, but you all deserve a good, long post on what is happening next. Thank you all for your support. I hope to get back to the weekly posting now. Enjoy!!!

The Gul'dan Chronicles - Chapter 6 - Trial of a Jedi

Trevor?s life became more stressful than ever before. The novelty of the Council?s pronouncement that he was prepared to take the Trials had quickly worn off. That first day, rumors spread that a Nexu Padawan had been told to prepare for the Trials. The remaining members of Trevor?s Nexu Clan were overjoyed to hear that another of their members would be attempting the Trials. That evening?s meal was the most rowdy in a long time, and the cause of the celebration expected trouble, but the staff let the Clan release some bent up energy. The talk was congratulatory and a bit louder than most of the other conversations in the halls of the Temple. Many of the other clans took part in the celebrations as well, just to be nearer to the newly popular Miraluka. However, the celebrations were short-lived. Lessons needed to be reviewed, and class assignments that had fallen behind needed to be caught up. Trevor had always been a decent student, and he felt that these lessons might not be useful for the Trials, but they were necessary nonetheless.

The first two days were spent with his normal routine of drills, lessons and research. Trevor enjoyed the drills and dreaded the research. Each research assignment took longer each year and this week, Trevor could hardly keep his mind on the task at hand. Questions of how to prepare kept going through his mind, interrupting his tasks. Trevor spent more time each day meditating on the ways of the Force, and having a hard time sleeping each night. On the fifth morning, Trevor awoke with a desire to release his tension. He gathered his robes and lightsaber, stormed from his quarters and proceeded directly to the Jedi obstacle course. The obstacle course was used to train younger padawans in the ways of the Force. Barriers and other objects were placed on the course to train padawans to predict opponents and to use the Force in battle situations. Trevor detested the course as a younger Padawan, but the need for physical activity overrode Trevor?s dislike.

Trevor went to the control room and asked the technician to set the obstacle course to the most difficult level. The technician raised his eyebrows, but did not ask any questions. Trevor took two minutes and cleared his mind completely, imaging the course and the ways to get around the obstacles. The Force flowed through him, giving him a premonition of the course ahead.

Shudo Laan awoke moments after Trevor left his room. The Jedi Master realized that Trevor?s nerves were getting the best of him and moved quickly to follow his padawan. Knowing that Trevor had not been through this before caused some consternation for Shudo and the nervous energy he had felt from his padawan only increased Shudo?s concern. Shudo walked to the obstacle course control room fifteen seconds before Trevor started the course. Shudo recognized the mantra Trevor was saying to himself. Shudo relaxed a bit, and regarded the technican.

?Master Shudo, he asked for the hardest level. I wanted to challenge him, but you said not to question him if he requested anything.?

?Good, he needs to get his mind back on the task at hand.?

Trevor felt a slight shift in the Force, realizing that Shudo was nearby. He blocked the feeling out, concentrating on the task at hand. The entire room was darkened, signaling Trevor to begin. Laserfire erupted from the upper portions of the corridor in front of Trevor. He ran forward, lightsaber ignited, deflecting the shots against the wall. He ran forward down the hall, gathering the F

21. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    I'd like to get some comments on this story. I am nearly done the whole storyline and would like some feedback on stuff I have already written.

Thank you.

22. Master_Shudo_Laan

Master_Shudo_Laan Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2005
    Greetings, Trevor. <<Yellow tinge>>
    I thought you'd like to know that I've registered here, and will be available for clarifications, explanations, comments and general meddling.

As a side note, I must admit that I am dismayed by the deplorable lack of Anx in the icon collection. Those responsible, please take note!

23. darshaassant

darshaassant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2005
    There's a real person called Shudo Laan????

OOps, sorry. didn't mean to sound offensive. :p. Hi Trevor!

24. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Sorry for taking so long to update this thread. I have been working on a parallel site and it has gotten more of a response..

Darsha: You found me!!! How are you!! This should look familar to you.. I have a second part, but I think I will update this thread instead of my other one.

If anyone is watching this thread, please let me know.
    ===========================================================================================

The next afternoon, Trevor was walking down the hallway of the Jedi Temple when he heard the familiar click-clack of a gimer stick cane. Trevor stopped and waited for Master Yoda to catch up.

?Prepared you are, Trevor Gul?dan??

?I am as prepared as I can be, Master Yoda. Everything I try and concentrate, something distracts me. I am focusing on my exercises, and Master Shudo has been very helpful. However, he?s been very close lipped about what might be coming.?

?In this, help you I can. A message you shall receive this evening. Your assignment has been chosen.?

Trevor bowed to Yoda to mask the excitement that he was feeling in his stomach.

?Ready you think but be prepared for surprises, padawan.?

?Yes, Master Yoda. I shall be prepared.?

Yoda bowed to Trevor. ?May the Force be with you!?

Trevor was cleaning up his apartment from his evening meal when his comstation twittered at him. Trevor bounded from the cleaning area to the door in a matter of seconds. The message looked odd, not having Shudo?s name on it. The realization that he was nearing the final step in becoming a Jedi finally dawned on Trevor. He took a deep breath, and calmed himself before reading the mission brief. It read:

MISSION ASSIGNMENT

In six days, the daughter of King Dolimus Ulosa of the Therazzu species of Xeddon-Nine will arrive at the planet Pelior in the Mid Rim. She will be attending the twelfth-annual Cryslev Classic podrace. The Princess is a strong supporter of the famous Therazzu podracer, Zinonyx, and has arranged to attend the races despite the protests of the King. King Dolimus is currently dealing with numerous long-lasting political tangles, and has become suspicious of any alleged threats or possible dangers. The King currently suspects that he or his daughter may be the target of any variety of mercenaries, bounty hunters or assassins, despite the fact that he has no real evidence of such a plot. He fears that the Princess may be kidnapped or even assassinated in order to gain leverage against him.

The Council has agreed to provide a Jedi guardian for the Princess during her stay on Pelior. The threat risk is believed to be minimal, but the Supreme Chancellor has personally requested our assistance in a show of good faith toward the Therazzu regency. Travel to Pelior system via Whitecloak is estimated to take approximately 126 hours (5 days 6 hours). Immediate departure is recommended.
    -END MESSAGE-

Detailed information about the Pelior system and Princess Azulia Ulosa were accessible as well. Trevor inserted a datacard and downloaded the information for better review later. He also made a request of the Jedi Archives for a list of all bounty hunters in the Pelior system within the most recent year. While the information was being retrieved, Trevor gathered his Jedi gear together. He placed his own lightsaber on his belt, and gathered up his older lightsaber, knowing that having two lightsabers is better than one. He placed it into a small sachel and headed out of his apartment. No one greeted him as he made his way towards the turbolift. The doors opened, discharging its passengers. Trevor entered alone, but feeling energized by the fact that he was able to gather what information he could. He pulled out his datapad and inserted the datacard with Pelior?s information with the intent of reviewing it. However, the doors opened to the hanger bay much too quickly for Trevor?s liking.

Shudo was waiting for Trevor in the Whitecloak landing area. The bay was crowded with many smaller ships in various di

25. Jedi_Trevor_GulDan

Dec 17, 2003
    Author's Note: Since I know that there are people that read this story I'll push on...
    ========================================================================================
    Trevor spent the night in a sleeping berth near the main landing area. It was cheap, but comfortable. He awoke the next morning, ate a quick meal and paid his bills. He left the inn, as it was called, and headed towards the landing area. As he neared the main area, a call came in, notifying him that Princess Azulia?s ship had just made contact, and would be landing in Docking Bay 5, along with Zinonyx?s ship. The fact that both ships arrived together confirmed that Azulia was a strong supporter of Zinonyx. Trevor thought he might get to see what the great Zinonyx looked like, but reminded himself of his mission.

He walked into the docking bay at the same time that Princess? ship entered. Trevor stood by the main door, watching the ship land with ease. Trevor detached himself from the door when the loading ramp dropped down, discharging its passengers. Princess Azulia was certain very prominent in the group, as she stood dwarved by her entourage. Azulia?s coloring was even more bluish than Trevor remembered, and she walked with a regal bearing, but not overly so. Trevor stopped four meters away from Azulia and her group.

?Princess Azulia, I am Trevor Gul?dan.?

?You are the Jedi that was sent to protect me?? the princess inquired, sarcasm dripping from her voice.

?Yes, Your Highness. I have been assigned that task.?

?It would seem that the Galactic Republic is trying to influence my father in some way.?

?I would not know, Your Highness. My job is to protect you, and that is what I intend to do.?

?Very well,? Azulia nearly dismissed Trevor as being a nuisance when a tall man walked forward to Trevor. ?The Princess may seem disinterested in your presence, Master Jedi, but I for one am glad to see you. Captain Davin Williams, I am with King Dolimus? security detachment. Welcome!?

Captain Williams shook Trevor?s hand with warmth and relief. Princess Azulia turned away from the pair. ?She?s not always like this, you know.?

?I am sure that she understands the need, just feels that it inconveniences her,? Trevor responded. The two smiled at the inside information, and the entourage moved toward the main entrance. The doors opened and a welcoming delegation met them just inside the corridor. Two of the main dignitaries walked right up to Princess Azulia.

A tall human woman started. ?Welcome, Princess Azulia of Xeddon-Nine, welcome. I am Yara Chun, CEO of the Cryslev Corporation, sponsor of this race. It is both a pleasure and an honor to have you here for the race.?

A Syngathi, a bipedal, sea-horse type male, bowed his head and spoke halting Basic. ?I am Clanspeaker Teryx, and welcome to Pelior Station. We have honor of leading you to your quarters during your stay. If there is need of things??

Trevor got the distinct impression for Azulia that was used to this sort of introduction, but got quickly bored with it. Trevor, in his reconnoitering, had identified the heads of companies running the podrace. These two were the leading dignitaries and could be seen all over the station. The large group walked towards a large bank of turbolifts and the three heads of state proceeded to enter one turbolift. The doors closed before Trevor could get there, so he boarded the one with the remainder of Azulia?s staff. They traveled towards the upper levels where most of the dignitaries from other worlds would rent penthouses for themselves. Azulia?s family rented one of these apartments where Azulia could be in comfort. Trevor walked into the room and did an initial search of all the rooms in the apartment. Azulia dismissed the two dignitaries, with all the dignity of a paristeel beam, but they politely bowed out to give Azulia some time to recover. Trevor entered the apartment first with Captain Williams to verify that no one was in the room. Azulia immediately turned to Chun and Teryx.

?T

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.