main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Halcyon Maneuver (AOTC AU) Nejaa and Valin Halcyon, A/P, Obi-Wan -- *Completed 11/9/08*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by NYCitygurl, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    It wasn?t as easy as he?d thought it would be to dodge the asteroids, especially without telekinesis to help him. He cursed as he weaved around the big space rocks. ?I?m never going to do this again.?

Nejaa sounds like Obi-Wan there. :p

Interesting developments. Glad to see that Nejaa managed to finish his message, though I wonder how he's going to get out of the mess that will happen once he notices those droidekas. [face_plain]

=D=

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    He had been too involved in the message to sense the droidekas sneaking up behind him and preparing themselves to take down a Jedi.

Uh oh! The one time he's distracted...[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

I hope he's able to get some kind of message out.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. cool. liked it can not wait for the next part of the story.

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks!! Yep.

JediMaster_Jen: Nope, they don?t.

Tych_sel: True, but barely.

Raptor517: Yes, quite a bit different.

FitJedi: Multiple people, as it turns out ;)

Redstarred19: Yes, I?d thought of that ? and how they?ll get to Nejaa will be seen shortly :D

Idri: Thanks!!

Kelia: It got it out :) Thanks!!

Tatooine_Ghost: Thanks!!

Thank you to everyone for reading :)

~~~

The funeral was a quiet affair. Shmi?s family and Valin, Padme and Nyche were the only ones in attendance. Owen and Anakin dug a grave in the shifting sands and Anakin used the Force to lower the body down and cover it again. He didn?t say anything as he did so, but Valin could feel his pain through the Force.

Cliegg was the only one weeping. The tears streamed down his face as he laid a few rare flowers over the grave and said his goodbyes. Owen and Beru followed, and the three withdrew a bit. Valin and Nyche joined them as Anakin stared down at the grave, letting Padme hold him as he said goodbye.

Valin expected that Anakin would want to remain on Tatooine for a few days, but the young Jedi apparently had no desire to stay. With a quick farewell to Cliegg and his son, Anakin strode up the boarding ramp to the Jedi ship, followed by Artoo and See-Threepio.

Valin was surprised, but Padme shrugged when he brought it up. ?I don?t think he really considers them his family,? he confided quietly. ?He no longer has anything to stay here for.?

Just as well, Valin thought. We?d better get back to Naboo before Dad finds out we?re gone.

That, as it turned out, was not to be.

Valin joined Anakin in the cockpit as the other Jedi checked a beeping console. ?We?ve got a message,? he said, his tone a bit apprehensive.

Valin?s eyes widened. ?How much to you want to bet that it?s Dad and Obi-Wan who discovered we left and now have us marked for death by grounding??

Anakin snorted, Valin noting with relief that his dark mood of the previous night had vanished. He was relieved ? he knew that Anakin had slaughtered half the Tusken camp before he?d arrived, and that he and Nyche had come close to death themselves.

Anakin hit the switched and Nejaa?s image popped up. ?I was right!? Valin exclaimed, but stopped speaking as the image started to.

?This is Nejaa Halcyon. My long-range transmitter is out. When you receive this message, send it to the Jedi Council on Coruscant as quickly as you can.

?The Separatists have amassed an army on Geonosis and recruited several big banking and trading corporations. Count Dooku is planning a rebellion, and he and Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation are behind the assassination attempt on Senator Amidala. I haven?t been able to find out how many troops the Separatists have here, but the Geonosian masses are behind them, and the Trade Federation has supplied battle droids.

?You must alert the Senate that we?ve got a war on our hands. I?m going to try to get more information, but I don?t know how much time I have until they find me. I think we need to take advantage of the clone army. We have to attack them here before they attack us. Halcyon out.? The image disappeared, but not before they caught a glimpse of droidekas rolling up behind Nejaa.

?Dad!? Valin cried.

?He?s okay, Val,? Nyche replied, putting a hand on his shoulder. ?But I think we need to get back to??

?Coruscant,? Padme interrupted. The three Jedi spun to look at her. ?Events are moving too quickly. I?m Naboo?s representative in the Senate. I have to get back.?

Anakin gave her a wide-eyed look. ?Padme, they?re trying to kill you!?

Padme waved her hand dismissively. ?Nute Gunray has wanted me dead for ten years; nothing?s new there. Now, plot our course back to Coruscant.?

Anakin?s hands hovered over the controls indecisively. ?I?ll contact Obi-Wan and the Council,? he decided, quickly punching in the comm. frequencies.

Mace Windu and Yoda exchanged looks. ?Bad, this is,?

5. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohh and we're off to Geonosis- things are certainly going to be interesting once they get there. Excitement abounding.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great update and now off to Geonosis?

Now Anakin and Padme have help and things can get more tangled.

7. Raptor517

Raptor517 Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 12, 2006
    I wonder what might happen with Jango on Kamino?

Raptor517

8. VAPa

VAPa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    I read this all in one sitting and I've got a massive headache from it now but it was worth it. This is such a great AU for AOTC. It's so sad that Shmi still died and Anakin is still so lost and angry. It's a good thing Nyche and Valin got there before he wiped out the entire camp.

I really like Valin and Nyche, they?re fun, sweet and quite intuitive for being so young. :*

BTW, what's a "hold father"? [face_thinking]

I?d like to be included on the PM list if you have one.

9. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Whoa... neat twist of events, yet loving the parallel with AotC's plot. :D So, it's off to Geonosis? I wonder what craziness they will encounter there. :p

Great update, Nat!

10. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    With everything happening on Geonosis and with the clones, it's amusing to see the padawans still get in trouble for being on Tatooine instead of Naboo.

death by grounding

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Though, sadly, I've been there a time or two.

Great update

=D==D==D==D=

11. jtechorca

jtechorca Jedi Youngling

Dec 25, 2007
    Wookieepedia states that a hold parent was a close friend of a youngling's (child's) parents. In the event of their death or emergency they basicly have the powers of a real parent. Great story by the way! :D This is by far my favorite story on this site! :D Keep it up!

12. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    This story is the best AU AOTC I've ever read. Can not wait for the next part of the story.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    FitJedi: Yep :)

earlybird-obi-wan: Yep :p

Raptor517: Something unexpected, hopefully :D

VAPa: Wow, thank you so much!! I?m glad you liked it so much :D Yes, unfortunately some things had to happen the same way ? buildup for sequels and such ;) Yes, of course I?ll put you on the list :) jtechorca is correct; a hold father is the SW term for a godfather.

Idri: Thanks!! :D

Kelia: Thanks! I try to add a little humor :p Yeah, been there before too ;) Thanks!!

jtechorca: Wow, thank you so much!! High compliment considering the stories around there :D

Tatooine_Ghost: Wow, thank you so much!!

Thank you to everyone for reading and the cool compliments :D I've actually got the rest of the story written, so updates should be quicker :)

~~~

Rostek Horn quickly ended his transmission with Valin and the others. He knew that his hold son hated not being able to rush off to his father, but hopefully he would follow orders and keep the senator safe ? though she was really the least of Rostek?s concerns. He wanted Valin safe.

He put in an emergency leave request to his boss and hightailed it out the door of his office. He had to make sure that his best friend was safe ? and then he had to tell Nejaa?s wife where her husband was.

The battle droids had managed to sneak up behind Nejaa and knock him out, but he wasn?t completely helpless. They had unwisely suspended him in energy bindings. He knew that he could escape easily, but decided to wait and see what transpired. He could escape later.

Nejaa felt Dooku coming before he saw him. The former Jedi Master swept into the room regally, his black cape flowing behind him. He palmed the door shut, leaving just the two of them inside.

?Well, well,? he said in his aristocratic accent. ?What have we here. A Jedi who allows himself to be captured? Tsk, tsk.?

?You could easily undo the damage by releasing me, Count Dooku,? Nejaa replied evenly, not allowing any emotion to seep into his voice. He didn?t want the former Jedi to know how he?d been beating himself up about being captured.

?I believe you have me at a slight disadvantage,? Dooku replied. ?You obviously know who I am, but I don?t believe we?ve met.?

?We haven?t,? Nejaa agreed. Dooku was silent, obviously waiting for Nejaa to introduce himself, but Nejaa was silent. A small frown puckered Dooku?s brow.

?I wonder, what will the Council say about your sudden disappearance??

?They know where I am.?

?Yes, but will anyone come for you??

Yes, Nejaa wanted to say defiantly, but he couldn?t be sure. He didn?t know the Jedi Council, didn?t consider himself beholden to them. He wasn?t sure they would come.

Jon would, he thought. But Jon was on Corellia, seeing to other matters, and Nejaa had had no way of contacting him.

He would have to get himself out of this mess.

When Nejaa continued to not reply, Dooku chose a different path of attack. ?So, what?s a Jedi doing all the way out here??

Nejaa decided that releasing some information wouldn?t hurt, especially since he was pretty sure that Dooku knew why he was here. ?I followed someone I?m tracking. A bounty hunter?s protégé.?

Dooku raised his eyebrows, affecting surprise. ?Ah, but there are no bounty hunters on Geonosis.

?No, I captured the bounty hunter. But his son headed here for a reason ? and now I know that reason.?

?Oh?? Dooku asked.

?An army,? Nejaa replied firmly. ?An army with which to attack the Republic.?

?Ah, but you don?t understand.?

?Try me.?

Dooku leaned in closer. ?What if I told you that the Republic is controlled by a Dark Lord of the Sith??

Nejaa was shocked for a moment, but allowed disbelief to take over. He couldn?t trust anything that Dooku said, especially not something like that. The Sith had been in hiding or extinct for a thousand years. The Jedi would have noticed if a Sith had been manipulating the government.

?That?s not possible,? he replied. ?The Jedi would

14. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nejaa and Dooku having quite a (not)conversation and now his son is coming to his rescue with the others. What will that bring?[face_thinking]

Exiting update=D==D=

15. Redstarred19

Redstarred19 Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2007
    Gah! I forgot to reply to your last post! [face_blush] I'm truly sorry about that; I did read and enjoy it.

As for this most recent- also very good. Rostek to the rescue!!!!!!!!!! (O.k. that's out of my system now.) Can't wait for more.

Quick question though: who is "Jon?"

16. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Interesting conversation between Nejaa and Dooku. Wonder what Dooku's trying to pull there. [face_thinking]

Fett's dead?! Woah... why do I get the feeling this will shift things around a bit?

Great update, Nat! =D=

17. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Well theres the little twist in the plot with Neeja being captured and Fett being killed earlier in the story. I do wonder what will happen once Anakin and Padme going barging into the scene.

18. Raptor517

Sep 12, 2006
    Fett is dead already? Hm...who's neck will get Windu's blade on the dais now?

Raptor517

19. Ulic_Starwalker

Ulic_Starwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2006
    Oh wow, lots of things happened since I last saw this fic. I love the new updates! :D Very exciting, keep it up!

20. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    I admire Nejaa's ability to stay calm and focused during his conversation with Dooku.

?I admire your idealism, Senator,? he said at last. ?But I agree with Nyche. It?s too late to stop a war.?

Anakin was seeing things clearly?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

:p

It's unfortunate he didn't show Nyche more support when she said it.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    earlybird-obi-wan: Much action ;) Thanks!

Redstarred19: No prob ;) Thanks!! Jon is a character mentioned in the beginning of the story ;) He?s the head of the Corellian order.

Idri: Probably because it will :p Thanks!!

FitJedi: Chaos that only Anakin Skywalker can create :p

Raptor517: Oh, someone?ll be getting a blade, all right [face_devil]

Ulic_Skywalker: Thanks!!

Kelia: Actually, that was a typo; Valin said that [face_blush] Thanks!!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post a chapter I've had written for weeks 8-}

~~~

Valin had intended to follow Anakin and Padme, despite the fact that he thought Padme was slightly lacking in common sense, but Nyche tugged his arm to get his attention. She pulled him behind a stone pillar, the other two not noticing a thing.

?Let?s try something else,? she said softly. ?They can go off and get themselves killed, but we?ll be better off looking for your dad while Padme tries to negotiate.?

Valin hesitated a moment, looking over his shoulder at Padme and Anakin, who hadn?t noticed their absence, them nodded in agreement. ?We?d better hurry,? he said. ?I have no doubt that pretty soon, the two of them will get themselves noticed, and this place will be swarming with guards.?

Nejaa waited until he was sure that there were no being around before taking a deep breath and gathering his energy. Little by little, he absorbed the energy in his restraints until it had been sucked inside of him. Released, he dropped to the ground and used the energy to assist him in using telekinesis to open the door. He let the rest of the energy escape his body before it burned him from the inside and swiftly headed down the corridor.

He crouched in the shadows of the nearest intersection, hoping that the next guard patrol would be small. He waiting paid off when, a few minutes later, two winged Geonosians flew at a stately rate down the hall. Nejaa cursed the fact that he couldn?t use telekinesis to grab their weapons and dove out into the hallway, knocking into one and toppling him over. He made a quick grab for the Geonosian?s weapon and stunned his partner, then stunned him.

As quietly as he could, Nejaa dragged the limp bodies into the shadows and hurried down the hallway.

?I can feel him,? Valin whispered, ?but he?s far away ? and getting father. I think we should??

?I think you should come with me.?

Valin froze. He had been so intent on finding his father that he hadn?t paid attention to anything else around him. He raised his hands slowly and turned around. Nyche did the same.

The man who had spoken looked old enough to be Valin?s grandfather, but Val knew not to underestimate him. The man reeked of power ? Valin didn?t know how he could have missed it before. But the power felt malevolent.

The man was dressed in dark clothing, complete with an elegant black cloak. His bread and hair were white, and he was smiling, but there was a cruel edge. Valin noticed a lightsaber hanging at his belt.

This, then, was Count Dooku.

He wasn?t along. At least twenty natives surrounded him, all pointing blasters at Valin and Nyche. Valin considered resisting for a moment, but knew that Nyche wouldn?t survive. With a sigh, he lowered one hand to unhook his lightsaber and let it drop to the floor.

?Very good,? Dooku said. ?You two will come with me. I seem to have many Jedi guests today. And you look very familiar.?

As the Geonosians prodded Valin and Nyche after Dooku, Valin sent a desperate cry into the Force. Dad!

Dad!

Nejaa started when he heard Valin?s voice reverberating in his mind. What? He searched the Force and felt Valin nearby ? not on Naboo, where he was supposed to be.

Nejaa gripped his blaster and hurried in the direct he?d felt his son.

The corridors were empty, but Nejaa realized why when this quest for Valin led him to a huge arena. The stand were filled with thousands of Geonosians yelling and screaming. Nejaa hun

22. Raptor517

Sep 12, 2006
    Wow. Didn't see that one coming. Not one bit. Hm...Dooku might not make it off of Geonosis.

Raptor517

23. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Wow, I must say that the chapter went fast- in a blink of the eye we were in the middle of the arena. I do wonder how Neeja will react to his children being held captive. Also I wonder if things will continue down the same path of falling in love or will their paths stray.

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Now that's just mean! :mad:

Seriously, sweet move on Dooku's part for using Valin and Nyche as bait, but that puts Nejaa in a terrible situation. Things aren't looking good right now... [face_worried]

25. VAPa

VAPa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 2, 2008
    Thanks for the PM, sorry I missed the previous post, RL problems.

Phew! Those were some suspenseful chapters.

He thumbed the lightsaber on and thrust it through Valin?s gut. Nejaa felt his son?s pain through the Force as his son toppled over the side of the balcony.

:eek: Nooooo! I hope Valin will be okay. :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.