The Halton Tap Cafe

Discussion in 'Halton Region' started by CrazyMike, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. CaptainBiggs Jedi Knight

star 2
    What about the night of the 24th?
  3. jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Master

star 4
    that sounds doable maybe?
  4. CaptainBiggs Jedi Knight

star 2
  5. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Poor Mike, it is going to be a long day for you :p
  6. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Sorry about the confusion everyone. I have been doing alot of afterhours support work and I am even more confused than I usually am :) Friday March 25th looks good to me if you are able to make it.
  7. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
  8. Arsinoe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Friday the 24th, I'm off.
    Saturday the 25th, I'm on a night shift.
  9. jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Master

star 4
    mike she is on a whole other contenent and she is still keeping track of the schedule for you???????

poor Amber, how is school?
  10. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol I have Mike's schedule and my own which includes three projects which I am the project leader for so that covers what needs to be done and when, the presentation deadlines, submission deadlines, exam date (ok haven't got that one yet) and finally end of year graduate show. Actually looking at that, it does explain why I have been forgetful 8-}

University is ok actually, not stressed out at the moment. I am rather enjoying video editing which we are doing this term. Although this will change closer it gets to May as normally we have until end of May for work but because it is the final year everything has to be handed in at the beginning :(

How are things for you? :)
  11. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    Sorry once again, I meant Saturday March 25th !!!! What would I do without Jeannette to straighten me out 8-} How does Sat March 25th 4pm-ish sound...
  12. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I dread to imagine [face_worried]
  13. Robin_the_squeeker Jedi Knight

star 1
    I will still be in Guelph at that point in time and won't be able to make it back due to the copious amouts of projects becoming due at that point in time (I'm sure Amber can relate!) I'll try to make it out to the May one you guys are talking about...I'll finally get to meet you all in person!
  14. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    what are you taking in school Jeannette? my job is actually video editing. news editing to be precise :p what kind of equipment are you working on?
  15. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    It maybe June, basisically it all depends on when my 'lovely' tutors decide to inform me when my exam is. So far they have narrowed it from mid may - mid june to mid may - beginning of june :rolleyes:

A BSc Multimedia
    Equipment? [face_worried]
    All I know is we are recording with mini dv camcorders and using adobe premiere pro to capture and edit.....another project is using the work edited to put into a CD ROM.
  16. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    lol i understood that :p we only have one edit suite where the editing is done on computer, the rest are archaic, tape to tape :p
  17. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Ah yes, I did media before and when I did that the 'radio' unit was done with tape and we had to cut the tape with razors and stick it together with tape then check if it sounded right then recorded it as one.

Now, I did sound unit last semester and everything was recorded with a mini disc.

How things change in just a couple of year [face_worried]
  18. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i know its scary, the school here that i went too has better equipment than we do at the station. they don't even train them to do linear editing anymore which is mainly what we do so if we get any students in we have to train them from scratch. but we're not so ancient as to have to splice tape together :p we use mini discs, love them, they're way better then the carts we used to use.
  19. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    lol well at least when I did this media course it was about 8 years ago [face_worried]
  20. Arsinoe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sorry Mike, the 25th is out for me. I have a night shift. :(
  21. CaptainBiggs Jedi Knight

star 2
    I think I already have plans for that saturday... but friday the 24th is good, so is sunday the 26th... Maybe one of those?
  22. AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I doubt Mike can do the Friday as he normally has to get up at 3am for work so by the time it gets to about 6pm he's going to crash :p
  23. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
    It looks like I am going to have to reschedule this gathering 8-}
  24. CaptainBiggs Jedi Knight

star 2
  25. CrazyMike JC Collecting Manager and RSA Canada

Manager
    star 7
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.