main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON The Halton Tap Cafe

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by CrazyMike, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    we're going to a huge haunted house thing on the friday, a bar on the saturday, then wonder the mall on the monday (they hand out candy there) then have our dvd release, and probably go see rots at the theatre in between the stores closing and midnight for the dvd release

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Well I have a decent home theatre system and was thinking of having SW party
    on Nov 5th. I have to see if anyone is interested. I am only 90 minutes from London.

3. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I work that day... unless you want to watch the movie at 2 pm, I have a praise band practice in Waterdown at 5:15.

4. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    What time does your band practice finish at. You can always come by after it is over.

5. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    OMG... he's alive!

I have a STargate meeting on the 5th... and htat's the weekend of the 501st wrrestling event...

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I have been busy all over the boards. Just take a look at my posts :)

7. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Band practice ends at 8:15, but I have to leave pretty much right away, since I have to work at 11:45 in London.

8. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    You can always come by at 2 and we can watch the movie earlier.

9. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    Tempting, but I think I'd rather not have my boyfriend complaining all the way there and back about seeing the movie for a fourth time.... Besides, I need to sleep some before I work all night.

10. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    If you change you mind let me know. Is there anyone else that wants to come by :)

It looks like there is going to be 8 of us watching ROTS on the Saturday, my 7 rabbits and I [face_laugh] If you want to join us please drop me a PM :)

11. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    hehehe I'll have to talk to Peter. Maybe I can drop him off at a friend's place in Hamilton for the afternoon.

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It is now looking like that I will have to go into the office on that Saturday as there are some server upgrades taking place so I do not know if I am going to be around. The Sunday might be an option.

13. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    No, I work Saturday night and Sunday night. I can't come on Saturday anyway, Peter has a meeting with the band leader an hour before practice starts, so I have to have him at the church at that time.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    I really have to try and get this place going :) Well I ended up having the marathon on Sunday morning after I returned home from my database move. I had an unexpected couple drop by for morning visit at 9am.

I have been working on getting my place ready for the holidays and are about 90% so if anyone feels like dropping by please let me know :)

Jeannette arrives on Friday December 16th in the early afternoon !!!

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    It also looks like I will have to resort to talking to myself !!!

16. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    hi :p its really dead over here

17. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I've been too busy to be posting a lot :(

18. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    tell me about it :p i've finally finished all my sewing its been so busy with halloween, harry potter and stuff, no more sewing for a long time :p

19. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    lol I have more but just no time, next ones I want:

Slytherin robes
    Beauxbaton uniform
    Harry's task robes

20. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    like harry's task robes. i made just some gryffinder robes for the movie, they turned out ok :) did you go to the premiere? my friend tried to but even though she got there hours early she said it was already so crowded plus it was so cold she just went home, she says next time she'll have to go the night before just to get a half decent spot :p

21. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I went the night before, I knew turning up in the morning would be a waste of time. I know what she meant, I ended up very sick.

I didn't end up with a really good position unfortunately :(
    I ended up with autographs from Krum, Fleur, Karakoff, Karakoff's aide, Moaning Myrtle, the twins, Neville and Goyle.

I have Rupert's already but wanted him to come over as I work on a fan site for him and also wanted to see Dan! :(

22. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    lots of cool autographs.

what did you think of the movie?

23. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I wanted Dan, who I just missed out on. Alan who was in LA filming, Ralph and Jason who attended the NY premiere :(

I liked it, bit jumpy to begin with but I did like the style. I have a few issues which were the lack of Sirius or the fact they changed the fire to a bloody log. Not sure if Mike is going to understand it all though.

I loved the dragon though! :D

What did you think?

24. liannb

Jun 30, 2002
    loved it, yeah it was a little jumpy to begin with, the whole world cup thing. the rest of it flowed really well though. didn't notice all the stuff they left out till after the movie was over, the one thing that really annoyed me is they were at the world cup they announced all the players then they were suddenly in their tent and didnt show any of the world cup at all. and the whole all the tents burning down and stuff was obviously wrong. thats about the only stuff that bothered me. other than that i thought it was really good :)

25. jellicle_jedi73

jellicle_jedi73 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2005
    hey guys, i thought the movie was a bit fragmented but good. is anyone from halton going to the saga thingy on the 10th? i know Grey is going cause i think i am going with them....

i like your icon Amber, sorry i didn't get 2 see u before you went back to england. Mike came over and met Arvin, i think they approved of each other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.