main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Han Solo Redemption story?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by VALKLOONEY, Jan 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VALKLOONEY

VALKLOONEY Jedi Youngling

Dec 31, 2004
    Could one argue that Han undergoes his own journey of discovery as much as Luke and Anakin/Darth? Not consciously - but he does develop from the shoot first rogue in ep.4 to the loving romantic of ESB/ROTJ? Hence the tinkering with Greedo shooting first is as pointless as the changing of ROTJ soundtrack at Jabba's Palace and on Endoe celebrations?1!... Is there anything in the EU/Novels etc or in Lucas' own words to back up my perspective - especially considering how Indiana Jones (also a Ford/LLUcas job) underwent a similar process in his trilogy?!)... Any takers?!..

2. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Han Solo is a character in flux. He begins as his name suggests, a man alone. He doesn't need anyone or anything (with the exception of income.) We get to gradually see him change as the stories progress. His love of Leia makes him a man ready to settle down and form principles. He fights for a cause in the end, not for a reward. Many of the Star Wars characters change, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Yoda, Luke, Leia, Han, C-3P0. In the end the ones that don't change, fail (Palpatine.)

I don't really see much change in Indiana Jones (but this is really not the place to discuss it. If you would like to carry that discussion over to Lucasfilm Projects Forum, I would be more than happy to talk about it there.)

-Seldon

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think you bring up a very good point regarding this. Han does undergo several changes throughout out the trilogy that ultimately leads up to the man we see smiling and celebrating at the end of ROTJ with his close friends. But the other major characters (Luke, Leia...) also undergo similar changes. That's what makes Star Wars so special - the sense of realism you have among the characters.

4. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Indeed, a horrible character is static. That is why people hate Mary-Sues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.