main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hand of Fate

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tahiri-Solo, Apr 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Janira Bento made her way through the the Errant Venture.She drug her feet slowly, her hands in the pockets of her nondescript gray flightsuit.The only evidence of her status was the lightsaber hanging from her belt.The shiny metal shaft swaying slightly with each stride.She was a native of Corellia, and longed for her homeworld, but the war raging on in the now dangerous galaxy hindered her going home, she wonderd if she would ever see Corellia again. It had been so long since she was there.She went to the Jedi Academy on Yavin Four when she was a small child, at the age of eleven.
    She ws among the first of the youngest group to train there, along with a few dozen others.Now she was seventeen, and among those fighting in the war which seemed endless.She longed for the carefree days of swimming in the river that ran alongside the Great Temple...a temple which now no longer existed...
    She felt a familiar presence as she passed one of the smaller cargo bays. She stopped her walk, and entered the bay, arching a browat the Jedi her age, whom practiced his defense with a single remote.
    Anakin was among the trainees she trained with her first days on yavin four.When she first met him, he was quiet, kept to himself, but within a few months, Tahiri broke that habit. They couldnt be more different, but Janira couldnt imagine a better pair. Their talents combined made them unstopable, or so Janira decided to herself.
    In recent week, it was no secret that Anakin and Tahiri had become more.
    She saw Anakin, but Tahiri wasnt here...which was odd...
    Anakin saw her enter, and ceased his excersise, wiping sweat from his brow.She reguarded him with a nod, and smile.
    " Back safe from Bakura, good to see you" he said, switching his lightsaber off.Janira nodded.
    " Bakura is safe for the time being, seeing as there was no immediate threat, i left...glad I caught Master Skywalkers transmission, or else Id have flown right into enemy territory on Yavin Four" she said. Anakin nodded thoughtfully.
    " Wheres Tahiri?"
    " Shes with Valin and Sannah, running some exersices with Tionne" he said.
    " Aah, leaving you with a remote?"Anakin shrugged.
    "Have you seen Daven yet?" she asked. This question made Anakin smirk.
    " Not yet, he'll be here soon though." he said.She nodded, her thoughts now drifting to Daven, the wide eyed Jedi, a former dark Jedi from Brakiss' shadw academy, whom accepted Master Skaywlkers offer to learn the light side of the force.Although the journey was hard for him, he suceeded in turning from what Brakiss taught him, becoming a strong, and able Jedi Knight.She found him intruiging, and became friends with him right away, and in recent months, it became much more.
    " Hey, remotes tend to prove not as efficient as i would like..care for a spar?" Anakin asked. Janira tore her attention from Daven and looked to him..
    " Spar? You? Id lose"she said. Anakin smirked, activating his lightsaber, and taking a defensive stance.
    " I doubt youre bad, you trained from the same Instructors I did" he said matter of factly.She unhooked her saber, and activated it, the meter long blade of intense blue light spilling from the hilt.
    " To spar the great Anakin Solo..im honored" she teased. Anakin made a face that made her laugh, and she held her saber ready. Anakin nodded, signaling he as ready, and she lunged....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    me?writing a fanfic? no way!!
    btw this takes place before SbS, in my fic, ANAKIN LIVES!!
    whatcha think so far?

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    Great post! You have Anakin characterized flawlessly!

3. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I like it! Great job! Now, to post more....

4. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    Tahiri walked along the cold coridors of the Errant venture on her traditionally bare feet. She had just finished a session with Tionne, and was on her way to find Anakin, as usual. In recent months, she couldnt bare to be away from him.
    She made her way to the cargo bay in which he told her he would be when she finished, and was supised to see he wasnt alone.He stood opposite a familiar face, one whom Tahiri hadnt seen in nearly a year, a face she wonderd if shed ever see again.She senced a familiar presence but couldnt quite pinpoint who it was.
    "Janni!!" she exclaimed.
    Her outburst must have interfered in Janiras concentration badly, she gave ground to Anakins attack, and fell with a yelp as she tripped backwards over a cargo crate.Janiras lightsaber fell from he graps as her behind met the hard floor, issuing a loud protest from the Corellian.Anakin turned away so his humored expression wouldnt be seen, as Janira looked to her, a brow arching..
    " I hope the surveilance didnt catch that one"
    " If it did im sure the evidence will be destroyed before the day is over" Anakin said, offering her a hand up.Tahiri bound over toJanira as she stood, wrapping her arms around her in a fierce hug, Jainra yelped in suprise, and nearly fell again.
    " Whats with you people going away, and never sending a message or anything?" she demanded, suddenly smacking Janira on the shoulder.Janira smirked, calling her lightsaber to her hand via the force with ease.
    " Been in comm silence for a while now, sorry about that.."
    yeah, yeah, same old excuses," ahiri said, shooting Anakin a look. Anakin offerd a sheepish expression with the shrug of his shoulders before scratching the back of his neck..Janira ffered her a bewildered expression, before brushing her jumpsuit off..
    " Janni reporting for duty!" she said, offering her a mock salute..Tahiri poked her in the side, befoe shooting Anakin a glance..
    " sometimes i think you two take lessons from each other"
    "Nah, " Janira spoke up," hes too slow to learn from me"
    Tahiri giggled, and Anakin shot his ice blue gaze at Janni..
    " What?!"
    Janira laughed.
    Tahiri looped her arm through Anakins, and looked to Janira, whom stretched, yawning slightly.
    " For someone so slow, he sure wore me out, I feel bad for all those Vong-"
    "Yuuzhan Vong" Tahiri corrected her..Janira arched a bewildred brow.
    "Yuuzhan Vong..arh!! now i forget what i was going to say!" Janira hwled. Tahiri laughed, while Anakin grumbled.
    "come on, lets go eat"Tahirioffered, walking twards the exit with Anakin. Janira started after them.." great, now trying to remember is going to bug me all night"
    Tahiri looked to Anakin..
    " And I call you dummy?"

5. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    J_A_S is officially my slave!! and im here to brag!!!!!

6. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    lmao! great post!

EDIT: yes, yes, I am Tahiri-Solo's slave. I don't know why that should surprise anyone, tho (lol)

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    It doesn't seem as though JAS has a problem with that. :D Great post, Tahiri!

8. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    LOL, problem? why would I have a problem with that? the scary part is that I'm willingly so... I even changed my MSN nic... weird

9. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    Anakin laughed aloud when he saw Janiras reaction to threepios cooking.Her face went pale, her nose wrinkled and she shoved her plate away...
    Beside her, Jaina looked at her own plate, and pushed it away slowly...Jacen actually snickered.
    "I have a template for a new joke now" he said.Everyoe looked at him slowly..that wasnt the usual behavr for Jacen as of late. Jacen loked at them all, a defensive expression crossing his features..
    " What?!" he asked, looking away, grumbling slightly. Anakin looked to Tahiri, and his ja dropped. Obviouslly she had a taste for threepios cooking, she finished her entire plate of food.Janira snickered from her seat, resulting in a sharp kick from him from under the table.She narrowed her eyes at him, mouthing the words 'doom' to him.
    Tahiri looked up, and smiled at him, and he arched a brow. She sure did smile at him alot lately..
    His thoughts were disrupted when Valin and Sannah entered, arguning about something. Tahiri threw a roll at Valin, and connected with the side of his head. Valin looke at her, then the roll, and arched a brow, kicking it away, before they went back to arguing.
    Jaina looked to Janira, who made a face at the taste of the drink offered as well, resulting in Jaina laughing.Anakin furrowed his brow slightly.Whenever Janira was around, people laughed, he wondered how much of an effort she put into making people laugh.Having her around was nice, especially at this point in time.
    Threepio bustled about the table set out at the falcons ramp...
    " Mistress Bento! you didnt touch youre food!"
    Janira threatened him with a fork..
    " Dont call me Bento, rusty" she warned. Tahiri giggled.
    " It is your last name, and-"
    "quit while youre behind Threepio, youll never win against jainra" Jacen said.
    Janira nodded, and leaned back slightly...
    " I almost miss those fancy dinners on bakura" she said
    " Blasphemer!" Anakin said aloud, they all looked at him, he looked down, finding sudden facination in his hands...
    " Its true! Fancy dinners are a mark of death!" Tahiri said.
    "I wouldnt go that far" Jacen said.
    " Hey! at least you sleep good after!! or..during" Janira said.
    " Ohdear." Threepio muttered, wandering off...
    " Coast looks clear..lets go!" Jaina said, standing from the table and bolting for the hangar exit.Jacen, Tahiri and Janira followed, leaving Anakin behind.He didnt even hear their last exchange...something didnt quite feel right...

10. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    What didn't feel right?? What was it?

11. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    **snickers evilly**

12. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    Everyone else had gone off to bed by now, janira found herself wandering the corridors again, her mind drifting.
    Seeign the others again had been a nice change from the boring dinners she spent on Bakura.
    She was so lost in thought, she almost didnt sence his preence until he wrapped his arms around her from behind.She whirled.
    " Dav!"
    "Long time no see" he said, hugging her tight.She felt her mind go to mush, as it always did when he was around. he kissed her on the cheek, which didnt help much.
    " How have you been" she asked.
    " Tired, very tired" she looked at him closely. It was indeed Daven, with his gray-blue eyes, pale blonde hair, and flawess complexion...he looked as if tho e spent a few years in a spice mine tho...
    " where were you" she asked. He let out a yawn, and looked out a side port at the stars..
    " anywhere, and everywhere" he said.
    "Aaaah, " she said. He laughed, and hugged her again.."I have longed for this moment since i last saw you" he said.
    " Im glad youre safe" she said.No tother words were spoken as their lips came together in a kiss...
    "EWW!" an exclamation boomed..Janira whirled to see vain and Sannah standing there, snickering. Daven chuckled slightly. Janira growled, running at them, resulting in them squeeling as they ran off, with an angry Corellian on their tails..

13. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Hehehe, I don't think I'd want to make her made at me...

14. Tahiri-Solo

Nov 21, 2001
    ANakin sat upright in bed suddenly, a cold sweat clinging to him....
    He felt a disturbance in the force...
    " Lyric.." he whispered...he felt his friend through the force...blazing brightly like a star going nova,
    and then..Lyric was gone....
    He heard himself scream, as he hunched over, a wave of agony washing over him as his friend died..
    Tahiri burst into his room, tears streaming down her cheeks..
    Anakin managed to sit up, and put his arms around her as she hugged him, weeping....
    he knew something felt wrong...but nothing could prepare him for that...
    Tahiri cried quietly, her tears moistening his bare shoulder...
    " what happened?" she asked, her voice cracking...
    " I dont know..." he answered...he closed his eyes...
    The feeling that something was wrong didnt go away...

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    How I hate cliffies!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.