main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

the hardest game you ever played ?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by effortless_skill, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Super ESB was fairly challenging for the most part- some of the Wampa cave levels were fairly tricky, but basicly once you got to Cloud City, the game got a hell of a lot harder, and I had to finally break down and use a cheat code to skip one or two of the levels, though I had resolved not do so when i set out initially to play it.

SESB was so hard that Super ROTJ was waaaay too easy by comparison.

2. AniSkylover

AniSkylover Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 5, 2001
    yeah, the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for the NES was tough...

I always got up to that part where you were underwater disarming those bombs, and i was toast..

You're so damn right man! :) Maybe only one time or twice I have passed this level!

3. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I remember these as the ones I never could beat due to insane difficulty (although I got really close on most):

CastleVania NES (I think this was more an issue of giving up)
    Batman NES
    Ghosts'N'Goblins NES
    Ninja Gaiden NES
    BattleToads NES
    Master Blaster NES
    Kid Icarus NES

I do remember beating TMNT, Zelda 2 and MegaMan 1 for NES.

4. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Nostalgia time, eh?

(Nintendo games)

The final Castevania levels were near impossible: four touches and you die.

I found Mega Man X3 to be extraordinarily difficult, but I only hired it for a few days.

The Technodrone level at the end of Ninja Turtle game . . . bloody hell!

The final level of Shadow Warriors was stinking hard: enemies literally everywhere on the screen!

And the Great Palace in Zelda 2 was challenging . . . sort of! Lots of powerful hawk-soldiers you can't kill easily.

5. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Stridarious- I don't have N64, but I assume the game's the same on PC, and I've played it through a couple times, so if you're stuck somewhere, PM me. :)

There's no help for Von Beck's Revenge. My only hope is someone else comes over and plays the damn level for me. :(

6. rogue21579

rogue21579 Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2003
    Did anyone ever play Cliffhanger for the SNES? It was very hard. The jumping was difficult and the fighting was difficult. Is it just me or has games gotten easier?

7. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Undecided :)

8. Dani_Maul

Dani_Maul Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    The hardest is probably Empire Strikes Back for the NES. Definitely insanely difficult and grossly hard. I like to have a chance at killing a bounty hunter you know? :p

9. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    yeah, the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" for the NES was tough...

I always got up to that part where you were underwater disarming those bombs, and i was toast..

You're so damn right man! Maybe only one time or twice I have passed this level!

Really? That part isn't so hard for me. Still, though, I've only gotten to the fourth area. :(

And I can't believe that I'm the only one who has said Myst. :eek: The only other games that I can imagine being harder are the two sequels which I have yet to play. *sigh*

10. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Bounty hunter defenatly! :)

11. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    that part was easy for me too,the only tough part i couldnt pass was jumping across the huge gap between the buildings.

One game that was more fustrating than it was hard was the PC game Kings Quest 3,you could only piss off the Wizard three times and then he'd kill you,and on top of that you had to feed him and gather ingrediants for magic spells without getting caught by him,and then there were the annoying Bandits that robbed you in the forest and chance encounters with the Three Bears and Medusa,i beat the game but there was a probelm,i couldnt walk down the steps at the end because the princess kept getting in the way and i got stuck and couldnt move back up either.

12. background-jedi

background-jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2003
    Super Turican...that game was complete bull****.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    that part was easy for me too,the only tough part i couldnt pass was jumping across the huge gap between the buildings.

Well the thing is you can't jump across them. You need a rope to cross buildings.

14. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    "Myst" , no doubt, it is just...impossible :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.