main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Hardest Thing- K/J- 4 part vignette sorta thing **UPDATED 12/29!!! Really!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by alain_bioras, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    A/N: Guys, I've been working on this for about a month now and I've been putting off posting it till I finished, but then I noticed there haven't been a lot of K/J viggies lately (though this is a little longer than a vigge probably, but not as long as a normal story, and I did see a viggie from duskwings the other day). Anyhoo, here it is. :D

Disclaimer: Y'all know the drill, it all belongs to George Lucas, don't sue, etc.

Summary can't give you much, cuz I don't wanna ruin it, but it'll probably end up kinda sad. But you know me, there'll be some mush along the way! ;) [face_love]

The Hardest Thing

Kyp Durron sauntered contemplatively into the docking bay, not even glancing at the few pilots of Twin Suns squadron that lifted their heads to stare at him. He made his way slowly toward his X-wing, flying it the absolute last thing on his mind. His astromech?s low beep of a greeting eventually made him raise his gaze.

?Hey, kid,? a familiar voice called out. He heard the sound of boots on the hard floor and without even turning around, he knew who was behind him. Only one person called him ?kid? these days.

?Hello, Han,? he replied, giving his old friend a rueful smile that he hoped looked enough like his usual smirk for Han not to ask questions.

?What?s the matter with you??

No such luck.

?Nothing,? Kyp assured him, waving off the topic carelessly.

?Bantha fodder,? Han protested. He jerked his head, indicating for the younger man to follow him. Kyp reluctantly fell into step with him, realizing that he was being led toward the Millennium Falcon, which was docked not thirty standard yards away. When they had walked up the ramp and had made it to the main chamber, Han gestured for him to sit with him at the game table. Kyp obliged.

?Now,? Han began, plopping down unceremoniously across from the rogue Jedi, ?what is it? And don?t tell me ?nothing?. I may not be a Jedi, but I know you well enough to know when you?re lying.?

?I?m not sure you should be the one I talk to about this problem.?

The ex-smuggler nodded in understanding. ?So it?s about Jaina then.? Kyp arched a dark eyebrow at him. ?She?s the only thing that affects you like this. What about her??

?Han, do we have to do this??

?Hey, now, you never know. I might be the perfect person to talk to about this.? He leaned in across the table, as if he had a secret. ?I have known her a while, you know,? he said with a sardonic smile.

Kyp sighed in defeat. ?You know what? You might just understand this problem,? he conceded. ?We?ve been together for how long now? Six months?? Han nodded silently. ?And the other day...well, she um, she mentioned...kids.?

Han squinted as if Kyp?s words pained him. ?Ouch. One of the dreaded topics.?

?See, that?s the thing,? Kyp leaned forward, placing his elbows on the table. ?Kids weren?t the problem. Believe me, marriage and having children with Jaina had all entered my mind before. I just always sort of thought we had plenty of time and I would push it to the back of my mind, you know?? Again, Han nodded, waiting for him to continue. ?And when she mentioned it, it hit me. We don?t have plenty of time. And suddenly I felt...old.?

?Ah,? Han sat back in his seat, thoughtfully, ?that is a pickle.?

?It didn?t used to matter so much.? Kyp stared down at his hands. ?But ever since this whole thing, well...I?ve been thinking about leaving.?

?Leaving Jaina?? Han clarified. Kyp nodded, grateful that he didn?t detect any anger in his friend?s voice. The last thing he needed on top of this was Han chasing after him with his blaster.

?And it?s not that I want to,? Kyp added. He glanced nervously at Han and gave him a sheepish smile. ?I mean, it?s weird saying this to you, but I love her more than anything. The idea of leaving her...it?s just something I don?t even want to think about.?

?But?? Han prompted.

?But,? Kyp hesitated, ?while half of me is saying how much I love her

2. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    [face_shocked] Kyp! No! Don't leave Jaina, you aren't too old! That was not a good idea . . . :( Forget about leaving, Kyp . . . you'd better not . . . :mad:

Well, you've certainly caught my attention with this . . . ;) I like. :D There'd better be more soon, because I need to know what happens with this. :D

-duskwings

EDIT: Clarity.

3. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    This is pretty cool. :D I can't wait for more.

4. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    **sigh** Sad, huh? Well, as long as there's mush, I'm along for the ride ;) :p

But anyhow. intriguing beginning. Hope this is updated soon...

--Den

5. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Oooo! A knew K/J post from Alain! Don't make it too sad. :( Please? :) More!

6. Jaina_Kyps_Queen

Jaina_Kyps_Queen Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2003
    if jaina wants kids, get busy, don't leave her.

7. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    NEXT POST!!! (look at me, actually posting when I said I would :D ;) )

Chapter 2

He?s right, Kyp thought to himself, striding purposely toward his room where he planned to contact Jaina. He?s right. I just need to make a clean break. Get it over with. Then I?ll leave. And I?ll just be one more relationship for her that didn?t work out.

He gave a curt nod as if that settled it and palmed his door open.

?It?s about time!? Jaina exclaimed as soon as she saw him. She rose from his desk chair and placed her hands on her hips.

?Jay,? Kyp glanced around the room and then back out the door the way he had come, trying to find an explanation for her presence, ?what are you doing in here?? So much for collecting his thoughts before seeing her.

?Well, let?s see,? She clasped her hands behind her back innocently and took a step forward, grinning at him, ?the rest of the pilots are doing maneuvers. I left Jag in charge. Wedge is in a meeting with Uncle Luke who decided to fly in this morning. My father, as far as I know, is repairing a repulsor lift on the Falcon and has probably conveniently roped my mother in to helping him.? She stopped walking when she reached him and snaked her arms around his neck. ?I do believe that we have at least a good hour alone.? She brushed her mouth against his.

Ignoring any urges that the idea inspired, Kyp reached up to disentwine her arms and place them at her sides. ?Tempting as that sounds, Goddess, I think we need to talk.?

She stared at him. ?Talk?? Jaina echoed, amused. ?You want to talk??

?Yes.?

?Okay, maybe you didn?t hear me,? she teased. ?We are alone. In your quarters. With no interruption prospects.? When she saw he was about to protest again, she put a finger to his lips. ?See, we can talk any time. In a squadron meeting if we have to. But there are things we could do now that are much less public.? She pulled him into a kiss and he deepened it immediately, wrapping his arms around her waist and sliding his tongue hungrily against hers, not even considering that this was counterproductive. She pulled away after a few moments and smiled up at him.

?Yeah, Wedge would probably frown on that,? he breathed, leaning his forehead against hers.

He was presented with the trademark Solo grin. ?Well, I had a few other things in mind that Wedge would probably frown on too.? He felt her slip her hands under his shirt and he shuddered.

?Jaina, I?m serious,? he said, stopping her from progressing any further. ?We really need to talk.?

She stuck out her bottom lip in a mock pout, but it accomplished nothing. ?You are serious, aren?t you?? He nodded. ?Okay.? She turned and crossed the room, dropped down on his bed, facing him. ?What is it??

Figuring that sitting beside her on the bed wouldn?t be the best idea, Kyp headed for the desk chair she had abandoned earlier, an action that didn?t escape her notice. But she didn?t say anything, waiting.

Kyp remained silent. Just when Jaina opened her mouth to comment on his hesitance he spoke. ?This is going to be hard.? After this, he paused again and she swallowed hard. The first explanation that popped into her head was that he was going to propose. When she had brought up the prospect of children the other day, that hadn?t been the outcome she had been going for. ?I?ve been thinking?? he continued suddenly, ?about what you mentioned a few days ago.?

?Kids,? she elucidated.

?Yes.? He placed his elbows on his knees and leaned forward, keeping his eyes averted from hers.

?Kyp, I didn?t mean to start anything with that,? she began.

?No, I know that,? he assured her, ?and this isn?t so much about that as it is?a result of that.?

?Are you pregnant, Kyp?? she teased. The comment didn?t earn her a smile.

?Jaina, I?? he trailed off.

?What is it?? she repeated, growing impatient and a little worried.

?When you started talking about our future, I started thinking about it too. Well, more that usual anyway.?

?And??? she prompted.

?And the m

8. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    :( No! No . . . that's not good. That's very not good. It's not fair! They can't break up . . . they just can't. :( I'm not crying here, but I'm very close. It's not fair!

Sorry for the incoherence, but I'm going into shock . . . ;)

Well, despite the sadness, it was mushy as you promised (and adorably so [face_love]), and it was good, too. :D Just please, please, please say they aren't going to break up? *tries her best puppy-dog face, which isn't very good* Please?

-duskwings

9. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    *gasp* *sniff* Noooooooooooooooooooooooo

Please let everything be okay!

~~Jilly

10. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    ACK! NO!! STUPID KYPPIE!!!

Dana

11. Kyp_side_of_TheForce

Kyp_side_of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    No such luck. Kyp is never lucky. Kyp has the worst luck in the universe. Kyp has worse luck than the fly the Buddhist monk I know accidentally stepped on.

?So it?s about Jaina then.? good Han. You are not stupid.

?And when she mentioned it, it hit me. We don?t have plenty of time. And suddenly I felt...old.? ROTFL!!!!!!!!!1 it's so unny!!!! but... poor Kyp!!!!!!!!! Felling old!!!!!! ... but... [face_laugh] Kyp feeling old!!

?And as much as I hate to admit it...I think that other half is right.? KYP NO DON'T BAD KYP[ NO NON O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

?Leaving you is the last thing I want to do. I just think it?s best.? HOW DID YOU DO IT????????? YOU'VE MADE ME HATE KYP!!!!!!!! :_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. EBrooklynW

EBrooklynW Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2003
    EBW seconds Dantana's comment of STUPID KYPPIE!

Furthermore she adds: KYPPIE! YOu're not supposed to be so dumb! STUPID KYPPIE!!!

More soon please!

~EBW

13. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    NEW POST!!!! :D

Chapter 3

He found his daughter on the roof.

Kyp hadn?t asked him to talk to her for him, hadn?t even mentioned the subject of him and Jaina again actually. Han had been able to tell that he had spoken with her the next time he saw him-loading up his X-wing. Even without the Force, he could see the pain in the young Jedi?s eyes.

Han slowly approached Jaina from behind, wondering why he bothered being quiet. She had probably already sensed him.

?Dad, it?s really not a good time,? she spoke up before he reached her, confirming his suspicions.

?Really?? he said with false nonchalance. ?See, I think now?s the perfect time.?

She sighed as he sat down beside her, wiping her face. ?He told you.?

?Yeah,? he confirmed. He resisted the urge to wrap an arm around her shoulder. She would react badly to that.

?Did he ask you to come up here??

?No.? Han sat back, leaning his weight on the palms of his hands. ?Look, Jaya,? he began, ?I know this all seems?pretty harsh right now. But I think Kyp?s right.?

?Why would he think I don?t want to be with him?? she asked, surprising him at her sudden willingness to discuss the problem.

?It?s not that, honey,? he said. ?Believe me, when Kyp came to me with this, the first thing he said was how much he didn?t want to do this. It?s not that he thinks you don?t want to be with him. He thinks you might not want to be later. Jaina, you?re young. Too young to be tied down, especially to a man so much older than you.?

?Is this where you say I?ll thank him for this one day??

?Well, I wasn?t going to go that cliché,? he flashed her a lopsided grin, ?but now that you mention it, I think you probably will, yeah.?

?So, I?m supposed to just let him leave?? she wondered aloud, placing her forehead in the palm of her hand and running her fingers into her hair.

Han smiled wistfully, even though she was turned away from him. ?What else can you do?? He reached over and began rubbing small, comforting circles on her back. ?At the risk of sounding like Jacen, sometimes the right path is not the easiest one. What we want to do and what is best to do are sometimes different things.?

She began laughing through the tears she had begun to let fall. ?You are probably the last person I ever expected to hear something like that from.?

?What?? he asked innocently, ?I can?t have layers??

Short I know, sorry. More mush next post. ;) [face_love]

14. duskwings

Jan 10, 2003
    That was sweet. :) I mean, it's sad that Kyp's leaving, but Han and Jaina get along so well, and it's nice to see Han comforting his daughter. It shows their relationship nicely. :)

Nice post! :D I really, really want to know how this turns out . . . post more soon? Please? ;)

-duskwings

EDIT: Oh, sorry, forgot one thing:
    "What?" he asked innocently, "I can't have layers?"
    [face_laugh] I love it. :D

15. alain_bioras

Oct 17, 2002
    Thanks duskwings. :D You always reply as soon as I post, I love it! ;)

16. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    Great post alain. I hate that Kyp is leaving, please say that there is gonna be a happy ending when it comes down to it. :(

~~Jilly

17. Eowyn_Jade

Eowyn_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2003
    ooo...I like this! More please!

EJ

18. Lieutenant_Jaina

Lieutenant_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2003
    *sobs* Poor Jaina!!! Poor Kyp!!! ...How could he??!!!!!! This fic is really good, post more please!!!!!

19. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Oh yeah, this is good! Sort of said, but something diffrent too. I love the role of Han in all this ;)

Post more soon!

20. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Up now!

21. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
  22. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
    up and more

23. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    ooooooh...me likin this! UPness!

-JSD

24. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How dare Kyp?!????

I want the next part!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Okay... you cannot just leave it here! We have to know what happens. Does he really leave? Or does Jaina catch him in time and talk him into staying? And Han's comment about layers--- loved it! It reminded me of 'Shrek'. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.