main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Hardest Thing- K/J- 4 part vignette sorta thing **UPDATED 12/29!!! Really!!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by alain_bioras, Jul 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    ALAIN!!! Wonderful stuff you young prune! I didn't know you had it in you. ;) I only have one complaint...

...you haven't finished the flaming thing!!! So get a move on, I'm in agony!!

By the way, love your sig. Anything Captain Jack said was hilarious, wasn't it? :D

2. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes, leave her Kyp run away to a galaxy far far away... wait he's already there, run run to a galaxy really close by. :p

?What?? he asked innocently, ?I can?t have layers??
    Nope Han can't have layers EVER. Great story by the way.

3. padme-96

padme-96 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2002
  4. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  5. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    Upperites!

6. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    hey! where's the last of it!?

Jez

7. alain_bioras

alain_bioras Jedi Master star 2

Oct 17, 2002
    Okay guys, it's been forever, I know. Actually, forever doesn't even begin to describe it, it's been longer. Sorry, I've been busy for months with this Chemistry class I had and new stories posted at fanfic.net (Pirates of the Caribbean, LOTR, stuff like that, known there as Alainn)

But you've waited long enough. I just hope I still have a following after all this time. ;)

This is the last part of this vignette! Enjoy (if I actually get readers):

?You actually thought I?d let you go without saying anything?? Jaina questioned, approaching her former master?s X-wing just as he tossed a large bag inside.

?I actually thought it?d probably be better.? Kyp reluctantly turned to face her.

?Yeah, I guess goodbyes are overrated.? She nodded, crossed her arms, and shifted her gaze to her shuffling feet. ?Um,? She reached up and untied the cord around her neck, slipping the long black cape that her father had given Kyp years ago from her shoulders. She held it out to him. ?This is my excuse for coming here.?

He smiled sadly and took it, turning the fabric over in his hands. ?Han gave me this when I was leaving to go to the Academy. I think it was more of a security blanket kind of thing. Something to remember him by.? He placed it back in her hands, shaking his head, then looked up at her. ?Keep it,? he whispered.

She accepted it and stared at it for several moments. ?You?re really gonna do this, huh??

He stared down at the floor. ?Yeah.?

She nodded and glanced around the hanger at the other few pilots surrounding them. None of them seemed interested in their conversation, though she was sure they had noticed Kyp preparing to take off. ?I?m gonna be short a wingmate,? she murmured idly.

?Yeah, sorry about that,? Kyp said, though she hadn?t really meant for him to respond. ?I thought it would be a good idea to leave as soon as possible. But you?ll have Jag.?

She knew that statement had a double meaning, but she didn?t bring it up. ?Where will you go??

He sighed and leaned against the side of his ship. ?I don?t know. I was thinking maybe back to Deyer for a while.?

?Really.? They were just making conversation now and they both knew it. She still refused to look at him.

Sighing, he stepped forward and pulled her into his arms before she had a chance to protest. To his surprise, she didn?t pull away, but more collapsed against him, burying her face in the front of his tunic. Her shoulders shook and her tears began to soak through the fabric of his shirt.

?You know, you can call me if you need me,? he promised, kissing the side of her head through her hair. He felt her nod against his chest, then wrap her arms around his waist and cling to him.

?I love you,? she said, barely audible.

He squeezed his eyes shut. ?I love you too.?

She pulled away enough to be able to see his face. ?Then stay.?

He sighed, brushing her hair off her damp face. ?Jay, please don?t make this any harder than it already is.?

?Look, I?m trying, okay?? She pulled away a little more and continued to stare at him. ?You don?t have to go.?

He brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear. ?I?m sorry,? he said. Her eyebrows knit together in confusion. ?I should never have let this get so far.?

?Says you.?

He didn?t speak for a while after that, didn?t really move or even look at her for that matter. ?I do love you, you know,? he finally informed her, not sure if it was a needless comment or not. He shrugged. ?I think this could have been something great.?

Jaina didn?t bother to tell him it still could be; he wasn?t staying. He had made his choice and made it clear she wasn?t changing his mind for him. ?Yeah,? she said simply.

He stepped forward again, laid his hands lightly on her shoulders and placed a kiss on her forehead-most likely in a gesture of farewell. Then he stepped back and hoisted his last bag onto his shoulder. ?I?ll see ya.?

She watched him turn and ascend the ladder to the cockpit of his X-wing. He didn?t bother to look back until he w

8. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
    No, No, No, No, No, No, No, No.... Alain you can't leave it like that! No! *stomps foot like a child* You have to write a sequel now and make it all okay! You have to bring Kyp back so he and Jaina can live happily ever after! *chin trembles* Pwease! :_| Pwease!

~~Jilly

9. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good to see you back - I thought DRL had swallowed you forever. Nice post and good ending. :) The father and daughter idea worked well.

10. Deneveon

Deneveon Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    You're back!

And you finished this!

And you also left it hanging just like that!

And you're also making me beg for a sequel!

And so I'm going to do just that!

:D

All right, well, not beg. Just, well... grovel. :p I agree with Jilly, though. You can't just leave it there! They can't just leave it like that! COME ON!!! They belong together, happily ever after!

--Den

11. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    no no no no NO! You can't do that, he can't leave. I forbid it... NO, hmmm, now I'll just have to come up with some evil cruel punishment... hmmmm...

or

you could write a sequel in which he realizes what a bloundering idiot he has been and comes back... either way, but remember I can be really really evil if I want to be...

:D

12. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    hey, I want a sequel

13. JainaDurron

Aug 8, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.