main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The harmonious "TFA is Chewbacca's best movie, so say all of us" thread of solidarity

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AllAboutThatMace, Dec 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    One of my many favorite bits was the fact that Han had never used the bowcaster before and how in love with it he fell after doing so, that was great.

Also, I can't help but wonder if Chewbacca was really given his full potential in this movie as a way of going, I died early on in the EU right? Well not this time! lol

Sarge likes this.
  2. The Grace of the Force

The Grace of the Force Jedi Padawan

Dec 18, 2015
    Chewie is incredible and I think the writers did a great job of making him a hero instead of just a sidekick. He of course will mourn the loss of Han for quite some time but I think he is skilled enough to be more than a sidekick to Rey, Fin, Luke, or whoever he ends up being with in the next films.

3. HyMay1180

HyMay1180 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2015
    Indeed, Chewie was really good. I found it incredibility funny he said he was cold. Although he was enraged after witnessing his pal murdered, he was completely focused after that. He blow the charges and saved Rey and Finn.

Chained Prometheus likes this.
  4. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    TFA is definitely Chewie's finest (two) hours thus far! One of the absolute highlights of the film for me.

5. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I've never been that fond of Chewie as anything but background flavor (what are his personality traits really except for big, angry, and loyal?) but I was really pleased by how much he owned this film. I suppose he had to make him more independent really, if they're planning on keeping him around after Han's gone, but having him basically win the day for the good guys (in two completely different ways no less!) went beyond the realm of necessity and into sheer badassery!

6. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    1) Does anybody know if his bowcaster was significantly more powerful than regular blasters or blaster rifles in the West End RPG from back in the early 90s?

2) Does anybody know how it is supposed to work? I don't see how the "bow" design even comes into it. Color me curious.

EDIT: Can we rename this thread "The harmonious 'TFA is Chewbacca's best movie, so say all of us' thread of solidarity" ?

7. Dan Felv

Dan Felv Jedi Knight

Dec 19, 2015
    I think Chewie showed more personality in this film than any of the previous films. He was funny, flirting with the nurse, be was tough with his fighting and brave and heroic in the end.

I think Chewie is a great character and can continue to be well used, he is ageless and can follow the next generation and there's lots you can do with him cause everyone loves Chewie and he can fit in with anyone.

8. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
    *tips hat to mods*

[face_coffee]

9. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Ok, so elaborating my Vector Prime comment, I really think it was them going, Chewie died in the EU? Well not this time!

I mean just look at the circumstances, planet crumbling apart, just about to explode entirely, main characters stranded, and then hear comes the Falcon to save the day and get them out of there, but this time Chewie makes it! Seems to far a coincidence the similar circumstances of the scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.