The Harry Potter thread.

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by Stackpole_The_Hobbit, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    This is where we discuss Harry Potter stuff. We've got a new book out, and a movie coming in November, so there should be plenty discussion for a while at least.

Highlight to read spoilers only please. like this.

Anyway, anybody read Half Blood Prince yet?
  2. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry hon, I've been a stictly movies only fan. Wouldn't mind reading the books, but I've had so many others to read at the moment.
  3. Agent_Sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've read it.

Wow. That's about all I can say. I mean, it started out slow, but then then the entire 2nd half of the book just took off!

I have too much to discuss here. I expect there will be a pretty robust discussion on Thursday :)
  4. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    *sigh* :p

oh come on, are you a witch or not :p

/sorry
  5. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    Careful Stacky... one of the other books I'm reading instead is "How to Curse/Hex Smart-alec College boys" ;)

*chuckle* Actually, no. Not all Pagans are witches. Although I have been called one a few times, and it's first letter "b" variant on a few occassions as well. [face_whistling]

Someday soon, I promise I'll join the ranks of the JK Rowling Readers.
  6. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    *hides under invisibility cloak* :p
  7. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    I agreed entirely! Loved it...loved every page!

Of course, one of the best parts was coming in first in a costume contest before midnight and winning a FREE copy of the book. :-D w00t

Well, maybe not as good as ch 2, but still awsome! :)

So, I know I still suport Snape...I always have and still will. Not that I've decided whose side he's on yet, but I still support him. :D

*after gods know how many edits*
    so THATS how highlights work! :)
  8. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    *glove slap* :p
  9. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_laugh]
    is this in referance to my oh so nonexsistant knoweldge of markup codes, the free book, or refering to what I blacked out? Cause I'll tell you what, even had I paid for it, chapter two was still wonderful and amazing and the basis for so many as of yet unwritten fanficts for me. I mean, Snape's house! And Bella and Narcissa personified beyond your steriotypical pureblooded wives! *fangirly bliss*

What can I say, I love the bad guys!

:D

I'm still praying that the Lestranges get their screentime in the Goblet of Fire movie, but that doesn't sound too likely, does it? They would have announced the actors...unless they just cast extras to stand around in this one while they cast others for their parts in movie 5?
  10. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    I'm not sure they'll even have that bit in GOF. In fact I think they're going to cut out winky and have Crouch, Jnr, be behind the thing all along and we know it was him from the World Cup.
  11. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3

oh that's just depressing. :(
    *sigh*

I love the Lestranges...I guess I have to stick with my random British actresses for Bella fan art for another few years then, huh?

It's so sad to think that they could possibly cut the pensive scene! We won't have any clue who this "Bellatrix" is when she offs Sirius - or that she was responsible for what happened to the Longbottems (who I also bet are cut from the movie storyline).

Throw us into Azkaban, we will wait! We alone are faithful!

sorry...I think, perhaps, I should lay off the coffee before discussing such matters ;)
  12. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok, NOT so depressing any more :)

Take a look at what I found from GoF film picts:
    here
    Either he's scratching his head with his wand, or he is using a pensive in that!

Found this too:
    From an interview with the actor that plays Barty Crouch Sr.
    "My character - who is decidedly nasty to his son - is quite crucial to the plot as he features in two of the storylines."

Two storylines? I'm thinking:
    1) Triwizard business
    2) past trials

I'm clinging to hope that this means that they will have the Lestranges afterall!

Just a thought and a hope from a rather too devoted fan :)
  13. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  14. GeekGoddess Jedi Master

star 4
    OMG!! Someone out-Geeked Stacky at Potter-dom!!!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!

That's like someone out-Geeking Ulkesh at B5!
  15. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Noooo :p
  16. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    I....I didn't mean to!, I just love Bella, lol :)

[face_blush] sorry Stackpole! :)

and if it makes it any better, my b/f sent me that picture, I didn't nessasarily find it myself ;)
  17. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  18. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    yeah...mugglenet is where I saw the interview...and the pictures, but that was after they were sent to me :) Someone else had taken them and posted them on livejournal where he found them :)

Is it just me, or does Cho look like she's 9 years old?
  19. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
  20. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3
    ok, so maybe you're right, lol...now that I've seen the new clips for GOF anywho. Have you seen them??

I'm kinda upset as a costumer... I mean really... The Death Eaters look like they are wearing black Klu Klux Klan outfits! What's with the pointy hat? and where's the white mask?? I'd even be willing to admit that the masks are black in exchange for loosing the hat!

You know what, I changed my ravenclaw uniform from the style in movies 1 and 2 to suit the style in 3 and 4, but I'm not going to go like THAT whenever I'm a death eater. I'm keeping the sith lord look and the white mask.

Other than that, all I can say is AWSOME! I can't wait!! :)
  21. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    Are they even doing masks? I thought they'd've been against that because you can't see Jason Isaacs' sexy face.
  22. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3

hahahaha!

I dunno about MASKS per se...It looks like they are just wearing hoods, but that's only judging from the two really foggy / blurry clips in that trailer thing. They couldn't possibly do away with the covered faces though, no matter how sexy any of them are...as a fangirl, that'd be a nice idea, but as a fan (and again, as a costumer) I'd have to rebel against that.

Besides, its not like they're covering up Alan Rickman....
    :D
  23. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
    yet :p
  24. jediravenclaw Jedi Master

star 3

ohhhhhhhhhhh, lol.... my, my, that's assumeing a lot, now, isn't it? Even at the end of HBP, he wasn't masked ;)

to be honest, I'm hoping he's a bad guy. I know he's probably not...but he'd be such a wonderful bad guy. *loves fanfiction too much*

I'd bet anything that he bites it somewhere in the next book. Poor snape...but it'd be suiting.
  25. Stackpole_The_Hobbit Force Ghost

star 6
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.