main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hater Community

Discussion in 'Literature' started by barnsthefatjedi, Mar 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben_Solo

Ben_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2001
    Of course we are laughing at you Brand_Sense, what real power do you have? You started a thread that was shut down, you really are a pathetic little winer. Now, go home, look at yourself in the mirror, and ask yourself, why am i alive? I'm sure you'll find the answer.

P.S. Whilst out exploring the other boards, i have discovered on the classic trilogy board, that someone reckons that George Lucas was going to have a sex change, i don't think so. Go on, check it out for your self.

2. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Sex change? Hmmm...that COULD explain the vaguely incestual subtexts in the OT...haha

3. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Valiento, that last post you made about how my post made Thrawn seem like Daala was very vague and I don't understand what you mean. Thrawn was a genius. He made sensible plans and was able to act calmly and rationally under pressure. He was a far superior leader than Daala. Please elaborate on your opinion ( I wouldn't want to think you were a rambling fool now would I [face_laugh] j/k).

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    I love thrawn.

Oh wait, oops. Wrong community. :D

5. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    from a conversation I had with Trias that talked about thrawn's flaws.

"his anger, he killed Tschel...no reason to in favor of daala I would say Daala was better in that respect..she never killed her underlings"

"ahh Thrawn's pride...thinly veiled but there"

"arrogance"

"emotions there but vailed"

"underlying, ego"

"he didn't see C'Boath as a threat"

"useally never backed down, cause he thought he had the winning hand, always"

"trusted his allies to much, and not enought."

"but if Luke and co. had never blew up Mt.Tantiss,Thrawn would've been in for a nasty surprise"

"to naive to see noghri as threats."

"bunch of troops under C'boaths command spread throughout the Empire"

"vader said not to underestimate the force, in the death star meeting room.

"thrawn did that."

"Thrawn was said to be more brilliant than palpatine. but that's impossible. He even believed it because of his ego."

"if Thrawn thought he was two steps ahead of Palps it was oinly because Palps let him think that"

"With a task force not much bigger than daala's, he believed himself to be a threat to the rebels."

thrawn is not super human and that could have been his mistake underestimating rebels abilities. Especially humans that are spontaneous and unpredictable. At least in real world tactics. But in zhans's book he makes the rebels just a bit more naive to make thrawn look more brilliant.

Thrawn is not as brilliant as hes thinks he is.

That is why I think realistically about the character and his weaknesses.

6. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Good points, valid ones and yes they're good enough for me. LoL, not like I'll do anything to you for not having them, but I agree with the general opinion, Thrawn was too powerful.

7. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    More people need to check out the fic!
    Here it the HC's own fanfic:
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=2285895&start=2285895

8. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Up

I shouldn' be doing this guys, come on

9. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Hm...now I've never seen any evidence Palpatine was brilliant. Powerful, yes, but very overconfident. He was a very good politician, but not a genius. Take it from someone who lives in DC, you don't have to be brilliant to succeed in politics. Certain members of Congress I know are living proof. Palpatine was an opportunist, and very good at taking advantage of the situation. Unfortunately for him, he misjudged several people, and left himself open to Luke and Vader.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    imp girl for you information from the official site:

http://www.starwars.com/characters/sen_palpatine/

http://www.starwars.com/characters/palpatine/index.html

"One of the keenest minds in the Galactic Senate, Senator Palpatine of Naboo has achieved the important distinction of representing an entire sector consisting of hundreds of star systems. As a sectorial senator, Palpatine holds a seat in the Main Senate Chamber on Coruscant, skillfully defending the interests of the systems he represents, including the Naboo people of his homeworld. Palpatine's kind features, delicate manners and calm effectiveness make him one of the most liked and respected members of the Senate."

"Combining the apparent fatalism of a political realist with the shrewd and subtle power moves of a chess master, this senator from a humble provincial planet is a consummate performer in his chosen arts. The Senate Chamber is Palpatine's stage, and he takes advantage of everything it has to offer in order to drive his points home. The way sound bounces off the walls, the seating arrangement, the lighting that plays differently from one area to the other, the lines of sight everyone has or lacks - Senator Palpatine does not miss a single detail that might help him attain his goal. Which is to help Naboo, of course."

Both strong in the dark side of the Force and possessed of a subtle and dangerous mind, Palpatine has a genius for manipulation. How the Emperor gained mastery of the dark side of the Force remains a mystery, but it was through his influence that Obi-Wan's apprentice later became the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader."

more info on his genious in official guides and Source material. sorry you can't read most of the works written about palpy.

but I'm certain their are people here that will be ablidged to help you.

11. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Hmm.....Senator Palpatine was brillant, but Emperor Palpatine was not. Incase you're wondering why Im treating them as separate enitities it's because they are. Palptine totally changed after he had all the power, making him overconfident, dumb, very harsh towards citizens. Also Darth Sidious is a separate entity of Palpy as well.

12. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I'm reviving the top 3 most hated characters thing. YOU WILL PARTICIPATE!! To recap on mine:

1)Akanah
    2)Callista
    3)Admiral Daala

My reasons are stated earlier. Please remember to give yours ;)

Next post is no. 300! We must continue to grow!

Emperor Barns

13. eclipse

eclipse Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 1999
    My three most hated:

1) Kyp Durron - If anyone should be humbly following Luke's lead, it should be the Butcher of Carida; but he always arrogantly "knows best" - skating close to the dark side is he, I think.

2) Callista - pathetic little floozy w/o a spine of her own.

3) Jar-Jar Binks - Yet another life debt? It makes Chewbacca's vow seem common, lessens it somehow. Totally useless character. Okay, he brought the Gungans & Naboo together, but couldn't GL thought of something less annoying to do that? (Jar-Jar is EU. I read the book.)

14. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    1. Callista - Do I even have to say why?
    2. Jacen (pre-BP) - I loathed this kid up until the climax of Balance Point.
    3. Borsk - Didn't like him from the get-go in HttE.

I'm sure I can think of more, what with all the hate I have raging inside of me, but I haven't been awake for very long.

15. Sithflame

Sithflame Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2001
    Hehehe....

Pretty cool thread you have here. Looks like my kind of people.

16. Sithflame

Mar 28, 2001
    Hello all, the Emperor barns invited me to join your group, so I have.

I can fell the hate growing in me already! What a feeling!

17. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Jar-Jar is EU. I read the book"

actuall the book is not EU.

EU is extended universe. The book is the movie novelization and theirfore not part of the EU. Both sides make up literature though. That is what they have in common.

18. Sithflame

Mar 28, 2001
    Actually, EU=Expanded Universe.

But you're right, the novelization is NOT EU.

19. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Yet another acolyte joins our dark cause! LOL!

It seems like Callista is the current most hated EU character. Members: give your opinions (non-members may not participate in this poll).

Emperor Barns

20. Sithflame

Mar 28, 2001
    I hate Borsk the most, I don't mind Callista. She's just there and serves no real purpose.

21. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Callista? I could take her or leave her. She is not worthy of my wrath.

Grrrr..........Mara Jade.........grrrrrr....

22. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "(non-members may not participate in this poll)."

who can stop me, nyhahaaha, i'm neutral belong to no faction.

But for your information, Why do I dislike Callista.

She used a dark side power when she took over that jedi's mind. It's a power that the emperor used over and over.

It's a power that joruus c-boath used.

And according to a person I talked too, who has totj sourcebook, it turns out it goes even further back as a dark side power. One that is extremely bad. Even if the person submits in the first place.

23. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    My three are as follows:

1. Mara Jade- Overhyped, overrated, and a lame character all around

2.Thrawn- While it's true I may not hate him, but I hate his worshippers. And his infallability, it's too.....predictable.

3. And lastly, Viqi Shesh, she's manipluative, deceitful, and out for herself, my kind of woman actually. LoL :D

24. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I hate Callista and am not crazy about Mara but no one can compete in my hate for Bria...grrrrrr......

My hate has made me powerful [face_devil]

25. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I hate Thrawn's death. He may claim there was style to it, but frankly it was too easy a way for him to die.

He should have been destroyed with his ship, as a good commander would be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.