The Hater Community

Discussion in 'Literature' started by barnsthefatjedi, Mar 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Do you come in here because you like the debate"

while I may not like the harsh title of your topic, I do think you have good points, just as long as there is no flaming. Sensibility above all else, one of my motto's.

"or just to piss off Barns?" "I don't like your cocky tone. Don't tick me off, pal."

NO, I do not want to piss off barns, if he does get poed at me and starts flaming me, he will be braking rules, which are none of my business. I will not lower myself by flaming back.
  2. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Umm...I feel like I should intervene here. But since it's my first day on the job I feel decidedly nervous.

Ummm....uhhh....would anyone like to file a grievance? :D
  3. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Okay Yaks, let me try this again. I had a great little bit of advisement, but I hit refresh. Damn computer.

Valiento - We wish you would continue posting without grievance. I know the topic may be a little...off...for some, but it is just a topic. Ignore that and post you dislikes and likes, in that order. Questions? PM me.

Barns - "Emperor" you may be, and flippant as your comments were, we must avoid appearing condescending. Valiento, despite no being a "member", he is still a senior member on the boards, for the most part. We are to give him as much respect as any of the Chiefs and other senior Board members. We can still allow ourselves a bit of apparent superiority above newbies, but just until they get their feet wet. Questions? PM me.

4. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Lord Bane, I concur. I will still choose to remain neutral. But thanks for asking me to post my "dislikes and likes, in that order",without having to worry about spite or remorse. I shall comply as to you have asked me to do. Thanks for your compliments, and being sensible towards me, in this heatable topic.
  5. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    Valiento, you should be a member. You are one of the more active people on this board. Their is no reason to be neutral. PM a higher ranker so the HC can stay on topic (that's my job).
  6. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    what happened to the times when we made fun of stuff in style?

And who is this Emperor Barns?I don't recognize the title.

I swear a lord leaves his realm for awhile and all the peaseants get delusions of grandeur. ;)
  7. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Now, now fella. Let's not everyone get delusions of grandeur at the same time.

If we let our posts dictate our authority, well, some crazy in JC Community would own all our asses.
  8. XCountryJedi Jedi Master

star 3
    I hate pineapples, grapes, and cherries.?
    Maybe I just don't fit in here.
  9. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It is okay to dislike fruit.
  10. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Valiento, you should be a member. You are one of the more active people on this board. Their is no reason to be neutral. PM a higher ranker so the HC can stay on topic (that's my job)."

sorry can't I don't hate enough. I'm full of moffLOVE moffLOVE moffLOVE, for the new moffinmates in the moffasylum. Can't be in two states of mind at the same time, ;), :D.

But in anycase I promise to give you my dislikes on this board if and when I have them.
  11. eclipse Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just thought of something else I really hate: The idea that a lifedebt can be "inherited" by family members. At this rate, the Solo family will have a half dozen Wookies following them around everywhere. Can't authors be more original than this?

Wow, maybe this is why we don't see a lot of Gungans around the galaxy. When other citizens realized they might accidentally save a Gungan's life and incur a lifedebt with one, they decided it was a fate too awful to contemplate so they sterilized the planet.
  12. Spiderdevil Jedi Master

star 4
    Sterilize the planet! That's brilliant! I too hate the idea of the passing on of the life debt. Chewie saved Han's bacon enough to repay that debt ten times over. Let Chewie and his family rest now. We'll always see Wookies, but we don't always need one from their family along for the ride.
  13. Matthew Trias Force Ghost

star 6
    only joking Lord Bane.....maybe... [face_devil]
  14. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    LOL! Trias, you better be joking! Kneel before me!!! [face_laugh] No trolling please.

Valiento, I have no objection to you posting here as long as you respect our rules. If you wish to take part in things such as the poll, then you must be a member. There's no compromising the rules for 'established' posters such as yourself. Posting in here to basically say that you do not recognise the rules and that you will not take part in any 'worthless' poll is verging on insulting and is completely off topic. If you do not want to be a member, that's your perogative, but your posts informing us of this are unnecessary. I do not want the Community to become the home of the Flame Wars, so I would appreciate it if everyone respects the rules in this thread. You don't like it, then keep it to yourself please. As Kansas Navy rightly says, you are an active poster in the Community and your points are valued and valid. I welcome your posts here, they usually stimulate interesting discussion. In future please keep your posts on topic, as your views on the Community's conduct shall not be heeded. I apologise if I sounded flippant before, but your comments brought the Dark Side out in me! At the time they seemed antagonistic, but I see now that you do not wish to cause a flame war.

Now, lets put this all behind us and get on with the discussion :)

Emperor Barns
  15. Valiento Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "If you wish to take part in things such as the poll, then you must be a member."

Do not worry I have never or tried or will try to be a part in the poll(I useally don't take part in any poll mind you, because they repeat themselves every few months I hate having to repeat myself, imho), that is why I did not type anything poll related. If I typed anything it was to give listing of why a character may be hated, or correct them on the correct reason something happened(We can't have ignorance go unchecked.). maybe you might like to use them to start a discussion later. (by the way if I sounded like was being antagonastic before believe me it wasn't it was only in jest, please don't take it literarily, it was not intended to be flametory.)
  16. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    OK. I'm glad we understand each other now. :)
  17. Sithflame Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good, glad to see you two made up!

Now...on with the HATE!
  18. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Okay.

Eclipse: agreed on the life debt thing. Chewie owed Han the life debt and now he is dead. That should be the end of it.
  19. Sithflame Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah, the Life Debt thing makes things too complicated.

The next thing you know, Han will finally die and you'll think it's all over...

... BUT WAIT! Since Chewy extended his life debt to Han's family, then somebody has to exterminate the whole Skywalker line (or all of Chewbacca's line) in order to get rid of a Life Debt!

Eventually, all skywalkers will come IN THREES!

Skywalker + Wookie + Noghri = every descendant character's convoluted life!!!!
  20. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  21. ImperialGirl Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sithflame, you're sick and wrong. I like that in a person.

::Envisions Wookiee and Noghri getting into an argument over who's going to throw themselves in between the Skywalker/Solo descendant and the incoming blaster bolt. By the time the decision is reached, the protectee is already so much cinders.::
  22. Lord Bane Manager Emeritus

star 5
    You know, I really hate how no one's catching up or starting to read "A Common Crime." I think I scared people off by saying it was nearly absent of OT characters - but that is half the point! We shouldn't be so dependent on reading Luke swing a lightsaber or Han smirk or one of the Solo kids whine.

(BTW: Link is in sig, wink wink, nudge nudge)
  23. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    I'm sorry, but I have to have Han in my stories to be interested. I love Han even more than I hate Mara.

And yes, believe it or not, that's possible. [face_devil]
  24. Sithflame Jedi Knight

star 1
    Thanks, ImperialGirl!

Maybe someone can make a Fan Fic using that idea. I can see it now...

"LIFE DEBTS GONE MAD!" The continuing adventures of a bumbling Jedi named Yu-Oweme.

The extremely moral Jedi Yu-Oweme was cursed by a mad sithbiatch to forever collect life-debts upon himself.

Ever since that point, his life has been a continuing struggle. Half of him wants to do his duty to the NR and protect those in need, but the other half knows and fears that another life saved means one more pathetic life-form will be following him around, sleeping in his bed, eating his food, wearing his underwear and generally hampering his ability to get his job done.

The story begins with Yu-Oweme walking into a bar "undercover" with a 10-man entourage of Gungans, Noghri, Wookies, and others all in tow...

You watch! Someday this will be a movie!
  25. Yanksfan Chosen One

star 5
    Stick Han in there someplace, and I'll read it. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.