main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hater Community

Discussion in 'Literature' started by barnsthefatjedi, Mar 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    Remember, there is no "_" in my name. I've been on here long enough, or should I say, I'm such an "oldie" that I registered when you could have a space inbetween your names.

2. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Perator signing in to declare: I HATE CALLISTA!

I think Callista should be thrown into the Sarlacc!

3. Ben_Solo

Ben_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2001
    Perator, we are not the EUDF, i think it has been recognised that you don't have to sign in. By the way, does any one have any opinions of the Rogue Squadron books? If so, i would like to hear them.

4. Jagged_Fel

Jagged_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 5, 2000
    I was just saying that Hate is not really the best wording. I'm not trying to say that you are stupid or evil or to be an all high & mighty guy, just that others might get bad preconceptions of this thread. "Hate leads to suffering" and all that stuff. Not that I see any hate here. In fact, the debate here seems to be much more mature than in some places in the Movie forums.

Concerning Callista:

Not everyone dislikes her (she has a large fanbase), but I certainly do. I couldn't get through Hambly's CotJ & PoT which I hear was even worse. Thank the Maker for the EC so I knew what was going on.

She was sort of a Mary Sue. She got Luke all infatuated & then screwed him by being all "I need the Force to be worthy of being with you." Some Jedi, I thought they weren't taught to be too dependant on the Force. Maybe all that Tibanna gas went to her head.

5. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    'others might get bad preconceptions of this thread.'

Bah! I have no time for ignorant preconceptions. The Community does not want or need such ignorant people who cast judgement before hearing us out.

Callista, agreed. "I can't be your equal, Luke. I must use the Force." (Pukes in a bucket)

So sorry for the misspelling Chiefs ;)

Emperor Barns

6. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Hey y'all. I am now resigning and my position as Master Chief. I will still be a member, but there are people who deserve to be Master Chief more than me.

7. Sithflame

Sithflame Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2001
    ::marches in in army boots, an expertly pressed camoflage uniform... and a jester's cap::

Sithflame reporting in SIR!

::marches up to His Hatefulness, yelling at the top of his lungs::

"Name, Sithflame
    Rank, Chief Comedian
    Serial number, 34k3e2398r9nr49r4jf43n8pcr409imc[[3q49rim034mr438r X 10 + 2
    Shoe size, something that would impress the ladies
    Height, depends on whether I'm standing or sitting
    Weight, none of your business
    Reporting for duty, SIR!"

How's that for 'reporting-in'? :p

8. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Ok, I dont really want to join and I dont have the sig space even If I wanted to to. BUT I ABSOLUTLEY HATE BORSK FEY'LYA!!! DIE DIE DIE!!!! I feel much better now. Thanks.

BTW, read conquest.

9. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    And I thought the EUDF was established to protect people from senseless bashing! [face_laugh] (Please give reasons for hatred!)

Farewell Kansas Navy, you served us well (salutes). I shall be appointing a new Master Chief shortly.

Emperor Barns

10. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    I wanna be a member. Haven't I done enough hating to qualify?

11. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Sure have, sweetheart ;) Add this line to your signature please:

Member of the Hater Community

Welcome officialy!

Emperor Barns

12. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    ok I am sorry for that one. Ill explain myself. He just strikes me as an evil, self loving person with no respect for others and someone who doesn't send help for suffering worlds and peoples if they might have a tid bit of trouble. If you disagree, read conquest. You will understand. I mean, look at what one SD did. And Borsk wouldn't even send that! Not ONE!!

And I was doing that on my own, not as part of the EUDF. The EUDF's main mission is to try and protect people's right to speculate, and help if they are being bashed. (At least thats how I interpret it. If I am wrong, any EUDF members, please PM me.) Becasue that kind of bashing takes place in a place for it and I explained myself, what I did is ok (I hope).

13. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Of course it's OK. That's the sole purpose of the HC: A sensible ranting and discussion arena.

Emperor Barns

14. Ben_Solo

Ben_Solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 6, 2001
    So no one has the read the Rogue Squadron books then?

15. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I hate Winter. She was a plain, boring character whom I almost fell asleep reading about. For a nanny, I think she got far too much action and was talked about all too often. Who wants to read about a stupid nanny. It's like reading about the bartender at Han's favorite pub! WHO CARES! At least that's how I feel. ;)

I don't know what's happened to her lately, but I'm just glad she isn't appearing in any of the books. Does anyone know what happened to Winter? (please say she realised how pathetic her life really was and killed herself!).

Emperor Barns

16. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
  17. eclipse

eclipse Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 1999
    I'm here, your Emperorship!

Ben Solo - I've read the Rogue Squadron series, and like them okay. You get introduced to Corran Horn and there's lots of Wedge there too. It's about the downfall of Coruscant and there's some pretty gruesome deaths caused by Isard and the Krytos virus. I thought the first three books were better than the fourth (written by MAS). Seemed he was getting tired of them to me. **** SPOILER ALERT ****

I really disliked where Tycho was being accused of being a traitor. It was lame.

And speaking of Tycho: Excuse me, your Excellentness, but Winter is a very cool person. She was in on the Rebellion with Leia from the beginning and was used as a scout for equipment to be "appropriated" by the rebels. Because of her perfect memory, she was given the tag "Targeter". Unfortunately, KJA (NOT YOU!KJA) used her as a babysitter along with Chewie. Just another waste of a good character. I believe that she and Tycho had a thing going in the Rogue Squadron books and are presently married.

Your humble servant,

18. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Oh, thanks for clearing that up, Chief. Unfortunately, all I know is the KJA stuff with Winter, as I've never read the X-Wing books. Maybe she's a good character in those books, but from what I've read about her, there's nothing more I'd like to see than her head being squeezed like a grape by a rancor beast until it explodes!!! (Envisions the scene) DIE!, DIE! MUHUHUHUHAAAAAA!!!! THAT'S IT, SQUEEZE THAT BITCH'S HEAD OFF!!!.....Ahem, sorry about that. Oh crap! My face has gone all wrinkly now from over indulgence in the Dark Side. Well, I suppose there's nothing left to do now but to overtake the galaxy!!!

Emperor Barns

19. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Ha Ha. Ben Solo, I've read the Rogue Squadron books, and I like them a lot. There are of course a few minor issues, but overall I think that they are some of the best.

As for Borsk Fey'la (sp?), I don't have any problem wiht him. A self-serving, lieing, power-hungry leader is just what the NR needs to show that it is not perfect. Without him, the NR would be a group of flawless leaders, who always do the right thing to better serve the galaxy. That is NOT real politics.

[face_devil]

20. Tallie

Tallie Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2001
    What really gets me about Borsk Fey'lya is that he actually BELIEVES the Yuuzhan Vong will keep thier promises, I mean the guy rejects the only ones who could possibly protect him (Jedi) he's going to be the end of the NR and if he's not I for one will be surprised. It makes me mad that people would so blindly trust a person (Bonthan in this case) that has shown tendancy in the past to care only for power...I want to say to NR citizens who keep him in office "were you born stupid or do you practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ahhhhh, personally I'de be perfectly satisfied if the Vong got hold of the little runt and left him in the embrace of pain for a few decades, but hey, I'm not bitter or anythin ;0)

As for the Rouge Squadron books, I loved them. They were a nice break from all the Han and Leia stuff I was reading. I liked the Wraith books a little better though, Alliston's just more commical that MAS from where I stand.

Member of the Hater Community (haven't figured the signature thing out yet)

21. eclipse

eclipse Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 1999
    Tallie: You know, I don't think Borsk believes the Vong. What I do think is that he figures that the NR fleet will keep little Bothawai (sp?) safe and in the meantime get rid of all his perceived rivals - and the Jedi in particular. Anyone not loyal to him personally is expendable. As for trusting him, Borsk is an expert at pitting people against each other. Right now, I think he is fanning the flames of prejudice against humans left over from the Empire's repression of non-humans to grab power for himself.

As for the signature: Go to the top of the page. Click on "options" and a window comes up. One of the choices is "change your user details". Click it, then go to the bottom of the page where it says "signature". Whatever you type there will show up at the bottom of your message whenever you post.

22. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    I hate The Hand of Thrawn dualogy. It was a badly written pair of books. They barely dealt with the main characters at all. It was replete with nonsense subplots that went nowhere. It was just a love letter to Zahn from Zahn. And I despise it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.