The Hater Community

Discussion in 'Literature' started by barnsthefatjedi, Mar 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gharlane Force Ghost

star 2
    I also hate the Vong! I mean the aliens invading from another galaxy is more Star Trek than Star Wars. Del Ray should have rebooted the timeline and restarted it with the Rebels fighting the Empire. Tedious, but we would at least get some good fiction.
  2. General_H_Storm Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. Gharlane Force Ghost

star 2
    Does anyone hate else that idiot KJA? I mean this guy does little research before he writes his books. Take Dune for an example this self acclaimed Dune fan did his research by watching the movie where the Baron's hair is red whereas in the book the Baron's hair is black and in House Atriedes the hair is indeed red. Also he takes large liberties on the Baron's backstory. Instead of the baron's size being genetic he makes it a virus yet in Dune why is Rabaan growing fat if it was a virus? Next thing you'll know he'll add in the weirdling modules.
  4. Red_Dragon Jedi Padawan

Messing with a character's backstory is wrong, I'll agree with that. But the hair color thing is just nitpicking; it's not a really big deal.
  5. Gharlane Force Ghost

star 2
    The big deal is that he did all of his research with the movie not with the novels which inspired the movie. He also tried to cover his mistake by saying that he gave the Baron red hair because Rabban has it.
  6. Red_Dragon Jedi Padawan

Okay, I see your point. I must admit to never having to read the Dune novels or seeing the film or miniseries. I'm a Dune know-nothing.
  7. sweetheart Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww....Fire_Ice_Death, you're too sweet. [face_blush] How old are you? J/K... :D

We can join together and our hate will make us powerful...Yanksfan you're invited as well :D
  8. Gharlane Force Ghost

star 2
    This causes us to reach the conclusion that KJA is a money grubbing worm. I mean he is obviously writing Dune for the millions of dollars in book contracts. He even signed a contract to write a trilogy about the Butlerian Jihad(jihad against thinking machines think Terminator/Matrix) for a few million dollars.
  9. Red_Dragon Jedi Padawan

I'm willing to bet most authors are in it for the money.
  10. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Of course....hehehe.....hey you're pretty cool, wanna be a Grand Admiral's personal aide? LoL...
  11. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Ohh...BTW people, I'm so very sorry I wasn't here for most of the night. Busy things in the real world kept me away. LoL
  12. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Will Shakespeare was in it for the money.
  13. Darth Ludicrous Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I still haven't seen you post an apology for flaming another member of the forum, Gharlane. You have 24 hours.
  14. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    Hmm.....interesting DL. Someone flamed? Im not even skimming through all of this to find it. Can you respectfully quote it in a PM for me please?
  15. Ben_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Does any one else get annoyed when writers can't think if something decent to say? For example, Kevin J. Anderson's Jedi Search, in the book Lando, goes to a planet on an errand for Leia, when there he goes to the Blob Reaces. Blob Races, that has to be the worst name of any i've ever head in the EU. He can't have been to bothered about the book if he can't think if any decent names.
  16. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Oh, this is just ~too~ amusing!
  17. jadesaber2 Force Ghost

star 5
    Fire_Ice_Death, in his first three posts in this thread, ha called several authors "two-bit hacks." That's a flame.

I agree, Merk, this *is* amusing.
  18. barnsthefatjedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Poor EUDF, when will they learn. [face_mischief]

If Grand Admiral Fire_Ice_Death wishes to flame then that is his perogative as long as (I know I've said said this many times before but I think it needs to be said again for the sake of our friends from the EUDF) he gives a rational explanation for his comments ( Grand Admiral, some people just never learn :( )
  19. Jedi Merkurian Episode VII Thread-Reaper and Rumor Naysayer

Manager
    star 6
    Then by definition, if you give a ~rational~ explanation, that's not a "flame," that's an "issue."
  20. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    I agree....Hehehe.....we don't intend to flame EUDF members..just stuff we hate about the books.
  21. Fire_Ice_Death Chosen One

star 7
    So where is the problem? If he gave his 'proper' explanation of why they are two bit hacks. It doesn't matter, I'm sure the authors of the EU have been called worse.
  22. KansasNavy Force Ghost

star 4
    I hate it when people whine. Especially over fictional things. You don't have to like it, but no one wants to hear you bitch about it!
  23. Ben_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Kansas Navy, i thought you were part of the EUDF? If so, may i remind you we are at peace at the moment.
  24. Ben_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
  25. Ben_Solo Jedi Knight

star 3
    come on people, don't let the HC die, we need to oppose the EUDF.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.