main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Haters' Community

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by barnsthefatjedi, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Hehehe....hey, I gotta hand it to him. He's persistent. :p

2. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I hate authors who don't have the slightest clue on how a military is run. I understand that if the authors aren't veterans and granted that the SW universe is not the same as NATO, buy my god!

The women authors are the worst at it, but the male authors aren't too good at it. The only good one was K-Mac, but lets not touch the BFC. Allston, Mike, and Luceno are okay, but I'm stretching it. The authors seem to think the NR is the same as the Rebel Alliance. Superiors don't give orders, but suggest them. Why does the NR fleet still have captured ISDs and VSDs, corellian corvettes, and Nebulon-B frigates fighting on the fronts, and not using the sensible fact of perhaps using the better ships?
    The militaries, even Vong & Imp, act like it's a volunteer force of minutemen and pop-tarts.

Idea: Lets write a battle so that the NR will fight with their worst ships, since their better ships with better crews dont get hurt in a slaughter.

Idea: Vong are vastly superior to our military despite our ability to kill most of 'em easily without losses. I suggest a retreat.

Idea: Despite the ability to kill ISDs and VSDs easily, the NR still uses them. Hopefully, the Imps wont figure out how to destroy them like they did.

Idea: Ground troops!? I think not!

Idea: Ranks have no bearing on any chain-of-command. Also, obedience will not be tolerated! Always question a superior's orders, and think of them as suggestions.

Idea: Star Wars is a misleading title. Should be Star Dramas!

I know the authors wrote the New Republic stories so the Imps would eventually lose, and they want the NR losing in the NJO for a bit, but they don't even flesh out why they're losing. To the reader, it seems that the NR is winning. Every battle written seems like a victory, but like an after-thought, the author writes in it was total-failure. Like Garqi, Ithor, Fondor, Black Bantha, Coruscant, etc.

Don't even get me started on lasers and walkers. You don't have to be a military-fan like me to figure out how those are retarted. If only NATO ran the NRDF.

3. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Don't be afraid to tell us how you really feel. ;)

4. NeoStar9

NeoStar9 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    Excellent point KansasNavy. :)

5. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Yeah, I agree. They've been writing the military very badly. Isn't Kyp technically part of it? And yet he's always flying around doing his own thing. Well the NR is the Rebel Alliance now. ISD's and VSD = big targets that cannot shoot worth a damn. If NATO ran the NRDF there'd be nukes flying at every Vong vessel. :p If you read the NJO sourcebook they list the reasons why the New Republic's been losing, for the most part. It's not crummy commanders or anything it's that the YV ships have no visible weaknesses. The 'skips do though! :p

6. -K-

-K- Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    There will be no 'forever sleep' for me.

7. -K-

-K- Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    ...........tumbleweed..................

8. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    Dude, I think you went off the deep end. :p

9. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    No, he just took a dive in the shallow end.

10. -K-

-K- Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    Yeah, it hurt too!!

11. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    And the Mods strike again!

12. Dark_Lord_Erik

Dark_Lord_Erik Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2001
    They're a funny bunch. :D

13. leia393

leia393 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I feel like a bad member. I just realized that this new thread had been started [face_blush]

I hate having class tonight, the day after Easter break.

I hate Mara, still.

I hate not having a April Fools joke for anyone, so now I will be a target without any way of getting revenge.

14. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    Okay, time to lock this thread.

Lord Bane, if you please.

15. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I don't remember how.

16. leia393

Mar 24, 2001
    I just realized that this is not a new thread and I didn't miss anything. The title was just changed.

To which ever admin changed the title: you got me. It was a good April Fool's joke.

I hate my stupidity.

17. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I'm amazing, yeah I know it. ;)

18. Fire_Sock_DEAD

Fire_Sock_DEAD Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 15, 2001
    Why are ya closing it?

19. -K-

-K- Jedi Youngling

Feb 9, 2002
    Apparently Mods dont have a lot to do, farraday actually stopped filling his mouth with chips and salsa dip to edit that post. It was meant to be a joke, thats why there where so many dots! And we all know how you got to become a mod farraday, is your nose still brown?

20. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Is there any hating going on here, or just mod bashing?

I hate that I don't have Rebel Dream yet. I also hate that the title Rebel Dream sounds a lot like Rebel Dawn, which was a terrible book. (Because it had Bria :mad:

Perator

21. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    It's an appropriate title if you've read it yet. :D

22. leia393

Mar 24, 2001
    I hate that I don't have time to read Rebel Dream. I hate having to write English papers. I hate English profs. I hate not having a roommate for next semester and having no idea where I'm going to live. I hate not being able to go to the Celebration. It's during finals, grr. I hate knowing that if I just didn't hang out on the boards as much, then I could get my work done and have time to read. That fact just glares at me in the face. I hate not having the self-control and willpower to actually do something about the previous hate.

23. Fire_Ice_Death

Feb 15, 2001
    It's not so bad, could be worse. Although.....by worse I mean having a limb removed. ;)

24. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I hate that I have to wait what seems like forever for Rebel Stand to come out. I hate that Kyp was still alive at the end of the book. Other than that, I have very little hate about this book. Almost none at all.

25. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Wow this place is still open? And has people posting? Im shocked and speechless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.