main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Haters' Community

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by barnsthefatjedi, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    Jagged Fel is a human pilot brought up among the Chiss. I don't really know which book he first appeared in.
    I also (sorry barns :) ) liked dark journey, although the jaina-kyp thing feels a bit weird. and jaina (ofcourse) in the end made it back from her little step down the dark side :mad: can't there ever be any Jedi who isn't strong enough to resist?? and the way jaina made it back was just.. awful. suddenly she wakes up and says: whoops a little darkside detour there, hope everyone doesn't hate me. and she's back in her good Jediness again.. :( I don't like it, not at all...

2. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    I've not read the book yet!!! if you're going to post spoilers...say so!

3. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Ah Wildwookie, dont tell me you honestly didnt know that Jaina wasn't going to come back from her dark path. Matter of fact all Jedi do, Luke took a stroll in a dark side cave on Dagobah, and everybody in the NJO walks in the dark side and conquers it. Man Anakin Skywalker must have been a wuss.

4. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    LOL, Xen. [face_laugh]

I haven't read the book but, I am not in the least bit surprised. I don't really consider that a spoiler. Her trip down the darkpath was just a cheap scam from day one and we all knew it.

5. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    I may not come to the HC for a while. I haven't read SbS yet, and now there will be spoiler discussion for the next book.

Woe is me...

6. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    I was hoping that she'd pull and Anakin Skywalker, and turn on everyone she'd loved

7. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Bah, you never post here anymore anyway, SD. Begone! :D ;)

WW, I didn't understand a word of that. ?[face_plain]

8. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    I wish she would have become the NJO Darth Vader...or Darth Vaderette

9. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    I understand what WW is saying, he should know better though. For crying out loud when was the last time you seen a character turn to the dark side in the EU and actually stick with it? I think the last one was Kueller (if memory serves me correctly so far he has been the only one). Get with the program man, if the darkside forever dominates your destiny then you are a wimp, just like Darth Vader, I mean come on it took him 20+ years to conquer the dark side, how weak was that?

10. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Oh I think that would have made sense if the first 'and' had been 'an' instead.

Let's be realistic here, that was never going to happen. And women bad guys just don't work for me. They always come off as being quite pathetic.

11. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Jag Fel is the son of Baron Soontir Fel, featured in the comics series "In The Empire's Service" (or some such title) and the Rogue Squadron comics, and some of his clones get an appearance in the HoT duology. He is something of the Wedge Antilles of the Empire, which makes it ironic that he ended up marrying Wedge's sister Syal (who had apparently run away from home and become a holo star under the name Wynssa Starfire. As Dave Barry would say, I Am Not Making This Up.)

In any case, speaking as the Eugenicist of the Star Wars Universe, Jaina and Jag must reproduce, beacuse combining Solo, Skywalker, Antilles and Fel blood would hopefully result in superior pilots, with or without Force skills. (Unfotunately the could also get all the recessive traits which would mean they'd be obnoxious, whiny, overconfident and hidebound all at once.)

12. Jedi_Xen

Sep 26, 2001
    Hopefully if they have kids they don't end up being Mr Perfect, kinda like Anakin Solo. I hated how he was always the one who did the right thing at the right time all the time. Give me a break hes a human, he'll make mistakes, probably why he died.

it was his perfection that made me happy he died. Made my friends in Arkansas and West Virginia happy he died too, Ive discussed it with all of them and we all notice his perfection. Im glad hes dead and I pray he stays that way.

13. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Ah, but what if Kyp and Jaina get together? [face_mischief]

14. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I don't see Jag living through it all...

It's actually turned into a good book. Kyp is pretty cool, and I feel sorry for him; you see how isolated he is from friendship. That force wave everybody felt concerning Jacen (DJ readers know what I'm talking about), caught me off-guard, thanks to my spoiler-free habits after the SbS spoilers tarnished that book. Ever since that event, I've been hooked. I should be finished with the book before lunch.

EDIT: Also some priceless Han Solo lines.

-"Don't look at me like I kicked an Ewok."
    -"Don't worry sweetheart. You can take Luke. You'll just have to fight durty."

15. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    ahh thank you Jedi_Xen! at last someone is on my side concerning anakin solo, the horrible brat who can handle everything and others thought him to be invincible.. but he wasn't, muahahahhahaha! [face_devil]
    I did also understand Kyp better in DJ, but I never figure out if the writer wanted him to be good or bad.

sorry for the spoiler WW, I did put a spoilerwarning on another thing about DJ but no one else bothered. I figured you could include some spoilers, hope it didn't irritate you that much.

16. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    but I never figure out if the writer wanted him to be good or bad.

I think that's what makes Kyp such an interesting character. He's a good guy really, but he has a bad streak.

17. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    Kyp and Jaina? Not gonna happen romantically, not after DJ. But what is even stranger is I'm not hating Kyp as much. He's acting like an adult, not an ***hole for a change. (Adult as in twice Jaina's age, too.)

And KansasNavy--that's another good point about this book, much good Han stuff!

Hm...there just isn't much hate in this post. Okay...I still hate Bria, I still hate Akanah, and I still hate the JAT. There.

18. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Hey, is this place still open to random rants?

Cause I hate the Rams! Let's go Pats!

Anyway, sorry it's been a while. Barns, we've had the "I hate school" discussion many times before so I will not bring it up again.

But I've been bad. I still haven't read SbS though I got it the day it came out. And I probably won't get to DJ for another century or so. But I'm getting different opinions on it. Some really like it, others say it's pointless. And I do not like that it's basically the story of a Jedi who is yet again redemned.

How much crack was Yoda on when he said the dark side dominates one destiny?

19. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    GO RAMS!!!!! hey, it seems that I'm always on the opposite side of any sports rant that this place has to offer. I hate the Yankees with a passion, like the Rams, and I pull for the St. Louis Blues in Hockey

20. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    It's ok WW, I DESPISE the Yankees. Actually, that's probably too kind a word. I ABHOR the Yankees. But good luck to your Rams and good luck to my Pats. It'll be a tough game. The Pats will not give up- they'll fight until they're dead on the field.

21. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    That's true...I liked seeing them kill the Raiders. I actually love the Patriots...but the Rams have to be my team because I'm in Missouri

22. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Nice to hear from you again, Adi. :D

23. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    The Raiders game was awesome. I almost died I was so nervous. And all the snow... What a win for my boys.

And I actually like the Rams. They have the coolest helmets in the NFL, as stupid as that sounds. Kurt Warner and Marshall Faulk are both incredible. But I'm from Mass. and it's all about the Patriots here. :)

Thanks, Barns. :)

24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    I stopped drinking for a while and now I can't start again because beer tastes bad! :eek:

And you think you have problems... :D

25. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Drink Ketchup, like Rogue Jaina

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.