main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Haters' Community

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by barnsthefatjedi, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barnsthefatjedi

barnsthefatjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 17, 2001
    This thread is an example to all other threads. Truly a child of genius.

It's only fitting that the retired Emperor should get 200th reply.

I'd just like to echo what ImpG and Spider have said regarding canon. I don't consider any of the EU to be the true story of Star Wars. Only George Lucas can create this, IMO. I just like to read the EU as it's interesting to see how other people try to continue and expand upon the story. A lot of it is entertaining. In terms of how valid it is, I place it on the same level as fan fiction.

2. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    I hate the people who say things like the SSD is 17.whatever km long, when LFL says its 12.8km. Retards. They give those stats out so it's easier to comprehend what your reading, not-

hold on. good song on the radio-

-to second-guess. It's pretty dumb. Same with Essential Guides. It makes reading easier, not to confuse you. People look at SW too much.

Personally, I don't care too much for the movies. I'd rather take NJO. Just my cup of tea. I think they're meant for all audiences, which is fine, but dillutes it. Ewoks, Jar Jar, R2, Space Tours, but it's just something thats not for me. The NJO is designed for people like me, and is more adult. I find it alot more fun to read, anyways, since they last longer. Does anybody watch TPM anymore. No, and I'm embarassed I have the movie.

3. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I'm tempted to kill you, KN ;)

I don't think TPM is as good as the other movies, but I still own it on video and DVD. I don't watch it anymore, but that's not to say I never will again. Infact, I'll probably watch it prior to viewing AOTC.

But to choose EU over the movies? Never. If I had a choice between reading the rest of the NJO or seeing EpII & III, I would choose the movies without batting an eye lid.

4. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    This is my first post in this forum but I would like to say that I hate any and all Fett's

5. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    Take your shoes off and stay awhile, Riven. I agree with what you say, as well.

Barns: the prequels are soiled. It's too dumbed down. Of course I'll see them, but if I had a choice between the NJO series and the prequels, I'd choose the NJO. You have to realize, I didn't become a fan from watching the OT. That just opened the door for me. I didn't become fascinated until playing the X-wing games, then reading the X-wing Series. I'm more objective to the EU. I don't believe in this 'GL is the cretor so whatever he does SW, goes blah blah' crap. I just see SW Universe started by him, but I don't think that everything he does is the best.

6. Spiderdevil

Spiderdevil Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    You're not alone in that line of thinking, KN. I think GL might redeem himself with AOTC though. I watched the new Making Of this morning, and it's got me more interested than I'd previously been.

7. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Well, I disagree, but I'd just like to say that Tie Fighter is a great game and the best in the X-Wing series.

8. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    Hehe, I win!

9. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    '**** off'

--Ben_Solo. ;)

10. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    ...fruitcakes...

11. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    Is it me, or has The Haters' Community turned into a The Haters' Cult. Seems us three are the only ones who hate on a day-to-day basis.

12. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Well screw you all!!!!!!! ;)

I think everyone who posts here (or who doesn't post here as the case may be :mad: ) has the same lazy attitude as us. I can never be bothered to write long posts about my views anymore, and I sure as hell can't be bothered to read them. I haven't read DJ yet. When I do, I'm sure I'll have something to say which will bring new life to this place. Or I may not be bothered to. We'll see.

13. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    The longer it takes to type a post, the less I want to finish it.

14. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    Laziness in the EUC, brought to you by KansasNavy. ;)

15. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    I try to post in here, but the hate just inst here anymore. I post something at 11:24, the next person to post after me is something like 4:39, its not fun when it takes hours to get a second post in here.

16. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    See what I mean? I post and no one else does.............................

17. Spiderdevil

Sep 20, 2000
    My most heartfelt apologies, Xen. I just didn't have much to say in the way of a response to the post you made last night.

18. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    !pu swercs enoemos litnu suoremuh eb dluoc ti ebyam os ,sdrawkcab klaT

19. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    No, let's not do that.

20. Tropical_Plumber

Tropical_Plumber Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Hmm... a thread dedicated to EU hatred?

I have finally found my home. :D

(As you can probably tell, I've never even ventured onto the EU boards in my time here.)

21. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    Welcome, Plumber. Share your thoughts with us.

22. KansasNavy

Mar 10, 2001
    I cant wait for Allston's duology. But dont be blue, btfj, Dark Journey is by far the worst NJO book.

23. barnsthefatjedi

Feb 17, 2001
    I can believe that. It centres around Jaina and her pathetic fling with the darkside. How interesting. [face_plain]

//yawns.

24. Perator

Perator Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 3, 2000
    Just dropping in --

Dark Journey wasn't very good, but I still have high hopes for Allston's duology. He's the thirds best (after Zahn & Stackpole) to write SW, and I know he'll do a good job.

Did any of you read The Approaching Storm? It was (surprisingly) pretty good. I definately enjoyed it, but unlike most people I like political intrique. Give it a read if you haven't yet, it will hold you over until we get more NJO.

Also, are you guys going to read AOTC before the movie? I'm still not sure if I will or not. I already know enough spoilers that it wouldn't ruin anything for me, but I'd rather wait to see the movie first, instead of letting the book form an impressionof it before I even see AOTC.

Perator
    P.S. Check out my new story (see link in sig).

25. ImperialGirl

ImperialGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2001
    I disagree. I liked Dark Journey. I could live with not having to read space battles. Very easily, in fact. Although I'll make an exception if Aaron's writing them. He's the only reason I have any hope or interest left in the NJO. Other than that, I'm bored with it. I can't even be bothere to hate SBS because I have no real motivation to read it. I have no desire to cough up any money for it. I'm starting to really dislike Del Rey. NJO is a bore, I have zero interest in their prequel novels...sad to say I'm actually starting to miss Bantam. EEK!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.