main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The heart of a Father - Anakin turns....... Completed 6th July 06!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EGKenobi, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Title: The heart of a Father
    Author(s): EgKenobi
    Timeframe: RotS
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Palpatine, Obi Wan Kenobi, Yoda, O/C Jedi Council
    Genre: AU
    Keywords: Anakin, Sidious
    Summary: What if Anakin hadn't killed the younglings in the council chamber.
    Notes: The usual disclaimer, George owns all the rights to star wars, yadder yadder yadder
    Chapter 1

The clones over ran the Jedi at the entrance to the temple. Many Jedi had fallen, some retreated deeper into the temple. The dark hooded figure reached out with his feelings. He could sense someone in the council chamber on the upper levels, a wolfish smile crept accross his lips. He turned to the clone commander beside him. "Commander, see to it that all the Jedi are disarmed, I will deal with them myself." The clone returned a crisp salute, "as you wish Lord Vader."

= = = =

He stood outside the council chamber, staring at the doors, allowing his anger to well up inside of him. How dare they not grant him the rank of master? He was more powerful than any of them, he was stronger than any of them! Yet they still had the nerve, no, the arrogance to deny him what was rightfully his! The hatred, and anger exploded within him, his eyes turned a sickly yellow, and with that, he pushed the heavy doors open and strode in.

He looked around, to a normal human, the room looked empty, but He could sense each person hiding behind a chair. Then, one little boy peeped up from behind the chair.

"Master Skywalker! There is so many of them, what are we going to do?" Anakin, or rather Darth Vader looked at them with malice, "they have no idea" he thought, and with that he ignited his lightsaber. But still, the child stood there. "Master? What are we going to do? They will be here soon!" Anakin hesitated.

A storm was raging inside, one urging him to give in and kill them all, the other telling him not too. He looked at the boy, his eyes were pleading, He could sense the fear eminating from him. The kid was petrified. He thought about it for what seemed like eternity, the darkness urging him to kill them all. The dark side of the forced whispered to his soul, "kill them, kill them all, then you will have the power to save Padme." The light side of the force was also speaking to him, Qui Gon's voice came into his mind. "Anakin, think about what you're about to do. How will killing the younglings help you? THINK Anakin, you're going to be a father soon. Do you want this haunting you for the rest of your life? Anakin please don't do it! You are better than this. I believe in you."

Anakin was snapped out of his thought when a clone came running up behind him. "My lord, we have them detained in one of the sparring arenas." The full horror of it all came down on the younglings. He wasn't here to save them, he was here to kill them! "Master..." one of them pleaded. A tear worked it's way down Anakin's face, "Master, please." The clone raised his rifle, "sir do you want me to..." Anakin screamed, "NO!!!" the clone fell to the floor head, his helmet rolled to the younglings feet, with his head still inside of it. Anakin extinguished his lightsaber, his knees buckled, he started sobbing, "I'm sorry, I'm so very sorry." The younglings were apprehensive, then one of them stepped forwards, and hugged him. Both wept, out of fear, relief. And one by one, they all came up to him, and they all embraced.

Anakin looked up, "how far are you in your saber training?" his eyes red from tears. The oldest one spoke up, "a few of us are in Master Crallig's class, we've been doing form II kata's. The rest of us haven't got that far yet." Anakin looked at them, "how many of you have got lightsabers?" Every hand shot up, he thought for a second. "Okay, you" he said pointing to one of the older ones, "you come with me, and you two," he said looking at the other two elder younglings, "stay here and watch over the rest. I'm going to seal the door, so no clone should ever get in, expect me, or another Jedi Master." The younges

2. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    the younglings are alive![face_love] the worst part of rots was the fact that he could so merciless kill children.:_| Im glad he saved them, and in a roundabout way, he saved himself=D=

Trust Qui gon to save the day!!!:p

3. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    *sigh* If only this did happen...:( .

Please add me to your PM list if you plan on going further with this. It was great!

4. voxynking

voxynking Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 12, 2005
    Wow. It was short but really powerfull. I can't wait for your next update. Looks like a great story.

5. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hello all!! Thank you very much for your comments, always appreciated. I'm lucky enough to have a day off today, so I've been cracking on with the next chapter. And here it is.

Enjoy

= = = = = =

Chapter 2

The two of them snuck quietly down the corridors towards the sparring arenas. Anakin turned to the youngster, "So what is your name?", "Fertoun Burthi master," Anakin raised a hand, "please, don't call me master, I've done nothing to earn it, call me Anakin." Fertoun nodded. The force then screamed a warning at them, and they threw themselves against the wall. A group of clones stood there, "I hear patrol six vanished!" one said, "near the archives I heard" the other replied. "some of the men think they're ghosts of the Jedi" a third clone chimed in. Anakin and Fertoun looked at each other, and smiled, and both nodded. Within two seconds, the group of clones were dead, and the two Jedi had vanished.

= = = =

Darth Sidious was concerned, he hadn't heard from Lord Vader for some time. Surely it didn't take this long for a sith and a battallion of clones to subdue some Jedi rablle? He reached out to search out where his new apprentice was. But he couldn't find him anywhere. Something had gone wrong. He turned to an aide, "have my speeder made ready. I must attend to business at the Jedi Temple."

= = = =

Anakin could sense Sidious searching for him. He knew they would have to work fast. They were nearly at the sparring arena. Anakin turned to Fertoun, "now listen, we're going to have to make things look normal ok? You're going to have to act as my prisoner." The youngster nodded, "then I will act as though I'm about to strike you down, then we turn on the clones, ok?" Fertoun looked nervous, but nodded. Anakin put a reasurring arm on the lad's shoulder. "Don't worry, just let the Force guide you, you'll be fine." And with that, they rounded the corner.

Immediately the clones guarding the door raised their blaster rifles. "Lord Vader, we were worried, we hadn't heard from you for a while." Anakin nodded, "This is the one responisble for the death of the patrols you've been sending out commander." The clone looked down on the young lad. "This little runt? Heh heh, we're going to have fun with you boy! They were my best men you killed." And with that he shoved the young lad inside the arena.

But there was one small problem. There were too many clones in the arena. There was no way he could take them all out without any of the Jedi being killed. // Change of plans // he sent to the youngster, // I'm going to try and free some more Jedi to create a diversion // The younglad sat down quietly. Anakin offered a silent thanks to the force that clones were not force sensitive. // I'm going to disable your restraints, DO NOT act suprised. // He filled them in on the rest of his plan, and had nothing but agreement.

Anakin picked up Fertoun, "Commander, prepare a firing squad. We're going to make an example of this one," The commander lined up his best marksmen. They seemed somewhat confused by the look of peace and tranquility on the young lads face. They raised their rifles. But all six of them never saw the azure lightsaber flying towards them cutting them down.

Then all hell broke loose.

6. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh yay!!! I love thinking, even if it's only pretend that Anakin didn't kill the younglings. And now Sidious is on his way to the Temple?? Hope Anakin's ready for this.

7. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Oooo I like this alot.:D I always skip the part where Anakin kills the younglings...it's so hard to watch.

I wonder what Sidious will do when he finds out his loyal apprentice is not so loyal anymore. [face_beatup]

This story reminds me of a dream I had a while back. Anakin was being forced by Sidious to join the darkside, but Anakin said he wasn't sure and had to think about it. So Anakin left and ran down the street to a local grocery store. Sidious wouldn't have any of this, so he chased after Anakin until he caught up with him, and then he attacked him. Finally Anakin mustered up the strength to destroy the sith:D

Dumb dream, but that's what I thought of when I was reading

8. michaellover

May 30, 2005
    let's kick some cloonies's as*es!!!![face_peace] :p [face_peace]
    I wonder how sidius is going to react whan he learns his precius Vader is no more [face_dancing] that should teach him to try to cross the jedi :p
    keep it up!!

9. Discorpor8

Discorpor8 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    This is so much better than in the movie (in cinematography and story terms, I thought it was masterfully done, a big change from all the graphic killings); the killing younglings just horrified me, especially because I teach little kids, so I felt like they were my students :_|. I love the idea of Anakin really becoming a Jedi at the moment where he says, "I've done nothing to be called a master" (paraphrase); can't wait for updates!

10. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    He came to his senses! [face_dancing]

Hope they all get out of this alive. [face_praying]

11. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    glad that Anakin came back to the light.

12. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    This is a great story, I can't wait to read more. :)

13. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    I like this story so far. Plus its getting more interesting too... ;) keep up the good writting. :)

14. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Palpatine sure will be getting a nice suprise when he gets to the Temple!!!!

Thanks for the PM!!!

15. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey guys, here's the next update. Hope you all enjoy :)

Chapter 3

The clones immediately opened fire on where they thought Anakin was standing, but he was all ready leaping over their heads, landing behind them, he cut four of them down, and stabbed one which tried to sneak behind him through his visor. All the other Jedi leapt into action. They were more than a match for the clones, even though they were unarmed. However the odd blaster bolt snuck through and hit a couple. The fight was over within minutes. The clones lay on the floor, dead. The Jedi tended to their own. Anakin turned to one of the knights, "You'll find a group of younglings in the council chamber. Make sure they're ok." The older knight eyed him warily. "Why should I trust you? After all it was you that brought them here," Anakin looked to the floor. "There is no reason that you should trust me, but search your feelings, and you'll know that what I've said is true." The knight seemed to stand still for a second, then rushed off.

A young voice called out, "Anakin, Anakin." Anakin turned and saw Fertoun lying there, there was an ominous red stain to his tunic. "Fertoun!!!" Anakin rushed to the padawan's side. "Fertoun, are you all right?" Fertoun smiled weakly, "yeah, I've had worse." Anakin could tell his voice was strained with false bravado. Anakin smiled weakly, "We'll get you out of this, trust me." He took the padawan's hand in his and gripped firmly. But something stirred in the force, he could sense the youngster slipping away. Anakin started screaming, "HEALERS!!!! HEALERS!!!" Fertoun opened his eyes weakly, "Anakin.." he whispered, "it is too late, you have to let me go." Tears welled up in young Skywalker's eyes, "no! I won't let you die," the young padawan looked up, "everything dies Anakin, even stars!" Tears no flowed freely down Anakin's face. "I'm so sorry, I'm so very sorry." he whispered. Fertoun looked into Anakin's eyes, "Anakin, I want you to know, that I forgive you, and so will every other Jedi." His breathing became strained, his back arched in agony as he couldn't control the pain any longer, "let me go, please" he pleaded. Anakin then did something he thought he could never do, he let go. He helped Fertoun's life become one with the force. Tears streamed down his face.

= = = =

Sidious stalked his way towards the temple entrance. What had become of his apprentice. He had not heard from him for a while now. He reached out, but couldn't sense him anywhere. He got to the entrance of the temple. And what he saw was most unexpected. There were bodies of the 501st Clone Battalion all over the place. The Jedi had put up some fight it seemed.

= = = =

They stood there looking at Anakin for sometime, until one of the knights spoke up, "what are we going to do now?" Anakin looked up. His eyes were red from the tears. He hadn't thought of what to do now, and he was sure that Sidious would start looking for him sooner or later. His voice sounded coarse. "we have to warn all the Jedi of what's happened here. I know that Sidious has some sort of special order that will make the clones turn on the Jedi, we must warn them immediately." They all nodded in agreement. "So it's to the communications beacon we must go." And off they went.

= = = = =

Utapau

"Repeat that Anakin? You said that the clones will turn on me?" Anakin's holographic form nodded, "yes master, Palpatine had a special order programmed into them, that would make them turn on the Jedi. You have to get out of there." Obi Wan looked pensive, "how did you find this out Anakin?" A look of pain and shame came across the younger man's face. "I nearly fell Master, I nearly became a sith myself. I ended up killing Master Windu because of it." All the colour drained from Obi Wan's face. "Anakin.. I don't know what to say..." Anakin's eyes were pleading, "say nothing Obi Wan, just get out of there sharpish. Don't allow yourself to be alone with the clones." Obi Wan looked at the young

16. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Ooohhh, I've just come across this story and I'm hooked!

I love that Anakin was able to warn Obi-Wan in time but look out when Sidious catches up to him.

Great story!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

17. merijune

merijune Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2005
    Just found this one...and will watch it....update soon, please. I really enjoyed how Anakin's tormented mind let him "win" back to good.

18. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Oh no Palpatine is coming.

19. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    oooh :) I can't wait for more.

20. BrownEyes_Blue

BrownEyes_Blue Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 29, 2002
    What a wonderful story. If only ROTS happened this way and Anakin never turned. I'm glad he was able to inform Obi-Wan about the clones turning against the Jedi. Let's hope that Anakin can handle Sidious. I can't wait for the next part.

21. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    Good. It's good for Anakin to tell Obi-Wan everything and get it off his chest. No secrets.[face_shhh]

So sad to hear the youngling died:_|
    At least he went knowing Anakin was on the right path.

Love this!

22. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Gees! has there been a huge plot bunny boom or something?!...there all over the place!, i've even started my own!

I loved this!...such a smooth way to get Anakin out of this mess!

Pm?

Cheers_Cazza@};-

23. michaellover

May 30, 2005
    Anakin then did something he thought he could never do, he let go. He helped Fertoun's life become one with the force. Tears streamed down his face.

such a brave little boy....:(:(:(:(

I wonder what's that thing that Ani sensed? perhaps sidius is in the temple![face_thinking]

24. Dahlia_Santary

Dahlia_Santary Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2005
    Whoa! This is sucha great twist. I'm hooked with your story, please PM when you update. Please and thank you.;)

25. RedBlade89

RedBlade89 Jedi Youngling

Aug 8, 2005
    I have read many fanfictions showing Anakin resisting the darkside and not giving in. However, your twist has him giving in, then regretting it. It is very original. I am going to watch this story with great interest...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.