main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The heart of a Father - Anakin turns....... Completed 6th July 06!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EGKenobi, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    A big UP for this fic!

2. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi folks,

I'm so very sorry for the delay in updating. I have had an excpetionally busy month at work, and with it coming up to easter, it's going to be even busier now.

I hope to get another update done over the next two weeks if I have the time.

Many thanks for your patience.

But in answer to one question, there will not be a death star trench run. It's gonna be way better than that :)

3. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Friends,

Thank you for your patience, you may be pleased to hear that the latest chapter is now being beta read, so I hope it'll be up in a matter of days.

Once again, thank you for your patience.

EG

4. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    :eek: :eek: Wow... I just love this, EGKenobi!!! Please add me to the PM list!!! I loved how you had the younglings turn Anakin back to the light and now Anakin is a master... this is truly a wonderful story... I loved how Anakin's character changed for the better... Please, oh please update soon!

Rachel Rose@};-

5. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Here it is folks, I'm so very sorry for the looooonnnngggg delay for this chapter. It's quite a long one, so it'll give me time to get the next one up as well. As ever, I do appreciate your feedback, and comments.

Enjoy :)

EG

Chapter 14

Anakin and Obi-Wan sat quietly in Dex's diner; it was somewhere they learned they could relax, without Palpatine's spies lurking. There was of course the Jedi Temple, but it was one of those occasions that both Obi-Wan and Anakin wanted to forget the fact that they were Jedi, and to talk as friends.

The diner was virtually empty today, there were a few patrons, coughing and wheezing in their booths; some were hunched over their tables, trying to avoid eye contact with anyone. The atmosphere was tense, as it was since the demonstration of the Death Star. And it was no secret that the "emperor" didn't care much for non-human species.

"Something is bothering you, my friend; what is it?" Obi-Wan's face was etched with concern.

Anakin had become so much quieter over the last few days, he wasn't so brash and eager to rush in. It was obvious that the horrors of what he did still had an affect on him. Obi-Wan constantly reminded him that he acted heroically, and that how he dealt with what happened showed wisdom and maturity.

Obi-Wan cast his mind back to Utapau, when Anakin's holo-image stood before him pleading with him to get out of the system. Grievous had been defeated, but Anakin was busy telling him that the clones were going to turn on him. Obi-Wan soon discovered that the clones did indeed turn on their Jedi generals, but some managed to escape in time. Obi-Wan looked across at the young man that sat across the table from him. He owed him his life. But it didn't seem to have an effect on the young man. He had not seen Anakin like this since his mother died. It was obvious that the young Jedi was worried for his wife, and his unborn child.

Obi Wan looked at him through the force, and saw that there were light blue tendrils emanating from the young Jedi, compared to the maelstrom he saw around him when the council had asked him to take on the "secret" assignment.

Anakin looked up at Obi-Wan, his friend, mentor, brother, the father he never had. He had loved Obi-Wan like a father since the first time they met. They stumbled on the way, of course. As with all relationships, they took their time. Anakin recalled the times he suffered from nightmares as a young apprentice; it was Obi-Wan who comforted him. Whenever he needed advice, it was Obi-Wan he turned to. But he felt that he had betrayed Obi-Wan by not telling him about Padme. And that still hurt Anakin.

And now, the fate of the galaxy rested on the shoulders of these two Jedi, who had to come up with a plan that could save billions of lives.

Anakin sighed audibly before answering. "With respect, Obi-Wan, it's your plan. We could try and get in with a single shuttle, but it would be a foregone conclusion that Palpatine-"

No! he wasn't that name anymore, he murdered Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar and Sasse Tiin, and could no longer use that name; the doting uncle figure that Anakin once knew, when all the time he was spreading his web of lies into the heart of a young man who wasn't sure where he belonged. It nearly cost him his soul.

"I mean Sidious, would have star destroyers guarding the Death Star. I know I'm a good pilot, but I don't think even I could be that lucky." Anakin smiled weakly, and looked up into his friend's eyes; he had hoped to discuss this at a better time, but time was a luxury they were fast running out of.

Obi-Wan nodded slowly. "I fully appreciate your concern Anakin, and you're right, getting in may not be easy, and I forgot to think of an escape plan."

Anakin laughed. "I've finally rubbed off on you have I, Master?"

Obi Wan raised an eyebrow and smiled. "And it would seem that I've rubbed off on you too, my young apprentice." For a moment, there was a shaft of light in the darkness that was growing in the galaxy.

Anakin's face turned serious ag

6. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow this is a great AU I like it please add me to your PM List!

7. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
    Whahoo! This story is great. I love how Anakin and the council are gettting along. Lovely, lovely. Please update soon.=D=

8. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    :_| I feel so sorry for Anakin... please let him be able to let go of the past and focus on the great future ahead of him... Dex has some great advice... I love 'em... Anakin's plan may work... sounds good... I loved how you had the Kaminoans reprogram the clones to have a better Order 66... This is awesome... Please update soon![face_praying]

Rachel Rose@};-

9. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    The update was well worth the wait and THANKS for the PM!

10. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi guys, thank you all so much for the feedback,

AnakinLurver : I can guarantee you that Anakin will not dwell on the past much longer :)

There is another update on it's way, it's currently with my master :)

many many thanks

EG

11. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    A big UP for my padawan's fic!

12. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hello friends, here is the latest chapter for your delactation, please do let me know what you think, good or bad.

Many thanks,

EG

Chapter 15

Obi-Wan and Anakin stood in the line in the Temple cafeteria, waiting for food. Most of the Jedi had returned by now, and the place seemed almost like home again.

The eating hall was a vast room, with great big wide windows all over the walls, which afforded a fantastic view of the cityscape. There was a gentle murmur of conversation, mostly centred on those who were granted knighthoods, and those who were now masters. Many padawans lost their masters during the three long years of the war, and many masters lost their padawans as well. Each had their own individual pain, their own scars of war.

Many eyes looked at Anakin; it was widely known what happened here. Some held a resentment for the young man. Others however, were full of admiration for him, and there was no denying that had he not had his moment of clarity, the Jedi Order would cease to exist. That was a thought that no-one wanted to dwell on.

Anakin looked out towards the cityscape, his thoughts drifting to where his wife was at the moment, and wondering if she was safe. A cold chill ran through him; the man he had trusted throughout his time at the Jedi Temple had lied to him, constantly, and now he had his wife at his mercy. Fear threatened to overwhelm him, but he allowed the force to fill out his entire being. He once again found his centre, when a voice snapped him out of his reverie.

"Master Skywalker, what can I get you?" The voice was impatient, Anakin blushed, and realised that quite a queue had formed behind him, some of them giggle quietly.

Anakin spotted them and smiled. "I'm sorry, I'll have what Obi-Wan had, please." He hadn't thought about what he wanted to eat, and he hoped that Obi-Wan chose something palatable; it could be worse, however, he could have had what Yoda usually had. Anakin tried it once, and it wasn't long before the food made the return voyage which was a source of amusement among the padawans for a good long while.

He looked around the canteen hall, and found Obi-Wan in deep conversation with Master Yoda. Anakin went up and joined them.

"Difficult, it will be to convince the Trade Federation, Obi-Wan. Suspect a trap, they will."

Obi-Wan nodded. "I agree, Master. What could we offer them that would make them realise that we're on their side?" It was something Obi-Wan had never thought he'd hear himself say. After all, the trade federation slaughtered many millions with their droid armies, and now here was the Republic, or what was left of it, looking to ally itself with those who until four weeks ago were considered the enemy. It seemed to Obi-Wan that the force had a sense of irony.

Anakin sat down next to Master Yoda. "There's something else we need to consider, Masters."

Yoda turned to face Anakin. "And what would that be, Master Anakin?"

"We shouldn't turn up in our star-fighters; that would send the wrong message, and they'd shoot us down before we even got to land."

Yoda nodded quietly. He had become immensely impressed with Anakin over the last few weeks. Of course, there was a lot of guilt there, and it was clear to all that Anakin was truly sorry, but what impressed Yoda more than anything else was his clarity of thought, his readiness to use the force instead of rushing in headlong. And what's more, he did not allow his attachment to his wife to cloud his decisions. Yoda nodded quietly to himself, Obi-Wan was the right choice to train Anakin.

"Good point you make, young Anakin" He turned to Obi-Wan. "A transporter you should take, Obi-Wan; travel like merchants, then no suspicion will you attract."

Obi-Wan stroked his beard, deep in thought. "You're right, Master Yoda, but what if we fail? Then what?"

Yoda replied. "Cross that platform, we will, when needed to, and no sooner." Yoda's hover chair floated off, the discussion was over.

~*~*~*~

Sidious sat in his throne room on the upper levels o

13. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_love] I love Anakin so much... he's really become the man and jedi I always dreamed of him becoming... I love how he handled Nute Gunray and the separatists... so mature and sexy... that was a really good idea... I just... I just feel so sorry for Anakin... he's been through so much and done so much for the jedi Order, but there are still some jedi who don't see it... makes me mad!!!:mad: Please update soon![face_praying] Bravo once again!=D=

Rachel Rose@};-

14. Jedi_Maeyane

Jedi_Maeyane Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2005
    i'm enjoying this...can't wait to read your next post!

15. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Crossing my fingers that this plan works!!!

16. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Wow! I have finally catched up and might I say that I needed absolutely no motivation to do so because you fic here is absolutely great!

Anakin sure has become the Jedi he was supposed to be, but me being an evil Anakin lover, I'm a little disappointed. At least I have Sidious!

Seeing Anakin planning how to destroy the Death Star reminds me so much of Luke and it's hard to keep just one of them in my mind while I'm reading this!

Please add me to your PM list if you have one. Awesome job.

17. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi y'all, thank you all so much for the feedback.

The new chapters are currently with my master.

anakin_luver You have been added to the PM list, soon as the updates are checked, I'll let you know.

Once again, thank you very much indeed for your feedback.

I promise that there is more to come.

EG

18. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    add me to the pm list please.

19. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great post interesting sideing with the CIS

20. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Morning one and all.

Once again, there is a new chpater for you to read. May offer my profuse thanks to my master BrentusOfGath for beta reading it.

As ever, feedback is always welcome, good or bad. I'm so sorry I've not been replying to individual comments, I'm still trying to get the hang of the boards and it's rules etc.

Anyways, here is the new chapter :)

Do enjoy

Chapter 16

Three days later

Obi-Wan stood on the bridge of the Republic, and looked at the fleet he and Anakin cobbled together; there must have been nigh on five hundred ships, featuring frigates, cruisers and capital ships. It was quite a force, Nute Gunray was true to his word. Hope blossomed in Obi-Wan's heart; he could sense that it could go well. But it would depend on how Anakin would cope.

He looked around the bridge; the crew were working efficiently and quietly. It was clear to see they were a battle hardened group of individuals who worked as one cohesive unit when the time came. Obi-Wan's heart filled with pride at these men. They were professionals.

He turned and headed towards the briefing, where the commanders of the ships were there in holographic form. Mace Windu was in the process of briefing the commanders as to what the plan of attack was to be.

"...Red Squadron will try and land in the hanger bay, and attempt to take the super weapon down from the inside. Gold squadron, will cover the ships, and engage the fighters and bombers that Sidious is without doubt going to use." He paused. "And one final thing, engage the Star Destroyers at point blank range. It may give us some coverage against a blast from the Death Star, and it may even take a couple of them with us. Any questions?" there were none. Mace finished the briefing. "Then, may the force be with us all."

The battle to save the Republic had begun.

~*~*~*~

Palpatine was not a happy man. Not only was he unable to make contact with the separatist leaders, but he was unable to make contact with the cloners in Kamino as well. Something was wrong, and he was sure that young Skywalker was responsible.

He closed his eyes, and allowed the dark side of the force to penetrate him, and flow through him; he bent the force to do his bidding. He noted that it was more satisfying to do so now, because he didn't have to keep his true identity a secret any longer. All those years working behind the scenes, and getting himself into a position where he could assume control; it was a testimony to his self control and skill. For so long, the Jedi hadn't realised that there was a Sith Lord right under their noses.

But he couldn't dwell on the past; it was the future he was concerned about, and so he delved deep into the mysteries of the force.

But what he found didn't please him. The future seemed to be in a state of flux; he found it odd that the force was not able to tell him what to expect next. He knew that the future wasn't decided yet, but for so long he had been given a vision of the future he wanted, and he moved the seven stars of Corellia to make sure that it happened.

And it nearly all came to pass.

Except for one thing, Skywalker.

The betrayal ran through him like a vibro-knife. He revealed his true nature to Skywalker, only for him to turn back to the light side of the force. It was then that Sidious in desperation decided to attack Skywalker's wife and kidnap her. It was then he found that she was with child. And he knew full well that Anakin knew, and that he would come on some fool-hardy suicide mission to save her.

And this pleased him immensely. All it boiled down to now was when.

~*~*~*~

Anakin was tinkering with his star-fighter's engines. They weren't working as well as they should, due to the fact that he hadn't done any flying in the last few months, and he didn't want to get caught out in the middle of a battle.

The drive motivator needed to be replaced, as did the fuel feed pump and a number of other things. He'd replaced the spare parts compartment on each star-fighter with

21. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Well.. it looks like the time has finally come. I'm excited to see what happens during the battle.
    Glad Anakin is finally starting to open up to Obi-Wan.

22. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    I've missed afew chapter glad I found this again. I just hope Anakin and the others can defeat the Emperor.

23. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh the bond-brother thing was absolutely beautiful.

I'm starting to freak out...something isn't going to go right is it?

Or maybe it will...

I don't know! UPDATE SOON! Great job!

24. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    As Anakin once said,..."this is where the fun begins"

25. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    :_| These are not tears of sadness, but tears of joy of what Obi-wan told Anakin... they're finally becoming the greatest duo I ever dreamed of... I love this story so much, EGKenobi, really... I love how much Anakin has grown... so beautiful... as someone else sad, "This is where the fun begins..." :p Can't wait for more!!

Rachel Rose@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.