main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The heart of a Father - Anakin turns....... Completed 6th July 06!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EGKenobi, Dec 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EGKenobi

EGKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Here it is, the latest chapter,

As ever I love to hear your comments, and I hope to reply to them in a few days. For now, enjoy ;)

EG

Chapter 17

The Death Star

It had been a long shift. Druck was on for eight hours straight and was bored to tears. There was nothing to do. And that's what he hated most about his new posting. "It would be a great honour," they said, but all Druck did was sit on his rear-end all day looking at a black screen that blinked once in a while when a TIE Fighter was on patrol around this monstrosity.

To any other being, this would be luxury, sitting down, doing nothing for hours on end. One could read a decent holonovel or two, or just nap. But Druck was one of the first generation ARC Troopers bred on Kamino; he was trained for action in the front, not sitting behind some radar desk. He fought all over the galaxy, at Kamino itself when the Separatists attacked. He was there on the moons of Naboo; that was the first time he had worked with the Jedi. But now he was bored, bored with sitting in an invincible battle station.

After all, who'd be dumb enough to attack this thing? It blew up a planet, and everyone saw it happen, because the Chancellor saw to it. And after the demonstration, the Separatists seemed to disappear altogether.

And it was because of that, Druck sat in his chair, bored stiff, and was about to drift asleep, when his dull black screen suddenly filled with bright red dots. He reached out and pressed the red alert button.

Ithorian Space

Droid Control Ship

The fleet of the Separatists-Jedi alliance all dropped out of hyperspace right in front of the Death Star and within thirty seconds of the fleet's arrivals, all the fighters were launched, and the capital ships engaged the Star Destroyers at point blank range. Red and green lances of blaster fire burst between the ships.

The battle was intense, and occasionally the ships rocked as the Death Star destroyed the capital ships, and in some cases, their own ships as well. Gunray was wise enough to have more than one control ship for the droids, so that if one was destroyed, another would take over, and several more were placed well out of the field of battle ready to come at a moment's notice.

~*~*~*~

Nute Gunray stood on the command ship's bridge. "Launch the fighters." A subordinate sent the signal to the droid fighters to be launched from the hanger bay. Around fifty thousand droid fighters headed headlong into the battle and engaged the TIE fighters that were patrolling the Death Star.

The droid star fighters were doing a fantastic job in engaging the TIE's and the droid programming was more than a match for anything Sidious had to offer. They were more maneuverable, and their artificial intelligence programming was the most advanced anywhere in the galaxy.

Nute Gunray commed the Republic. "Master Jedi, you are clear, we have the forces engaged."

Mace Windu replied, "Roger that Viceroy, may the force be with us all. Windu out."

Republic Hanger Bay

No matter how many battles he'd been in, Anakin still had butterflies, but he was even more nervous now. Not only was he fighting for the Republic, and the existence of the Jedi, but the lives of billions of beings rested on his shoulders, including his wife's. He centred himself, and concentrated on the moment; Obi-Wan's voice was heard over the com "Flying is for droids." Anakin smiled despite himself.

Obi-Wan's ship formed up on Anakin's wing, ready to take off, and the two brothers looked across at each other. "You ready, old friend?" Anakin kept the tone light; he always found that teasing Obi-Wan before a battle helped him relax, and it helped take Obi-Wan's mind of his hatred for flying.

"Ready as I'll ever be, Master Skywalker; I'm sure you're going to give me another lesson in flying."

Anakin beamed, and with that, the Jedi and clone transports left the hanger bay.
    Thirty Jedi Star-Fighters blasted for the Death Star hangers. Anakin was pretty certain that Si

2. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    reached a 100 posts!!!

Thank you all so much for reading :)

Party!! ;)

EG

3. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    The funs about to begin once again. I do hope everyone makes it out alive.. well everyone but Palpy. I still want a happy reunion towards the end--but that's just me.
    Keep up the great work.

4. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    That was an awesome fight scene... Anakin has learned that death isn't very pleasurable at all, even if the enemy is dying... so sad... i'm glad everyone has faith in Anakin and what he has to offer... before they thought of him as just arrogant, but now... they see him as a true Jedi... Now it's time for the JEDI to kick some @$$!!!! hee hee...:p

Rachel Rose@};-

5. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh wow. Such vivid images. You described the fight amazingly! You sure know your stuff!

I love Obi-Wan and Anakin's conversations. I can picture them doing this perfectly.

You had me gripping onto my seat! This is intense and it's lifting off of the screen. Great stuff. Updates soon!

6. HandmaidenVeme

HandmaidenVeme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    What an awesome picture that last chapter painted!

7. michaellover

michaellover Jedi Youngling star 3

May 30, 2005
    please tell me no one died![face_praying]

8. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi folks, thanks for the comments,

The new chapter is currently being beta'd by my master, so some questions will be answered, others will be left for later :)

Thanks for reading.

EG

9. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Please keep me on the pm list.

10. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi folks,

Here is the latest chapter. It's a bit longer than my previous ones, but I wanted to get it all done in one hit so I can move on with the HUGE confrontation, which is currently in development. And trust me, it's going to be massive :)

As ever, my profound thanks go to my master for beta-ing the story for me, and putting up with my welsh grammar :D I promise i'll learn english one day :)

Enjoy !!

EG

Chapter 18

The lights in the hangar bay blinked out, giving way to the emergency lighting. Mace Windu surveyed the scene before him and stretched out with his feelings. He knew something was going to happen, and he noted before the power was shut down that there was more than one way into the hangar bay. "Secure the area until backup arrives!" The clones immediately jumped to their orders, while the Jedi moved in to position to guard their flanks. The hum of lightsabers echoed through the empty hanger bay, each one casting an eerie reflection on the polished floor below, and casting multiple coloured shadows over the hangar bay.

Mace walked up quietly behind Anakin. "What do you sense?" he whispered.

Anakin closed his eyes, and reached out with the force. He could sense Sidious' clone troopers heading towards them. He probed them, and found that some of them were the force sensitive ones that he faced during the defence of the Jedi Temple. "I sense around ten thousand clones master Windu, but there are at least twelve of them who are force sensitive."

Mace looked concerned. "Are these the same ones you faced in the Temple?" Anakin nodded. Mace pondered in thought for a moment, before returning to Anakin. There was something he needed to get off his chest. "Anakin, whatever has gone between us in the past, is now forgotten. You have proven yourself a man worthy of being a master and right now; there is no one I'd rather have by my side."

Anakin gave a mini bow. "Thank you, Master Windu..."

He wasn't allowed to finish the sentence before Mace cut across him. "And for crying out loud, call me Mace!"

A loud noise came from behind them, as the clanking footsteps of the Trade Federation Droid army formed up outside of their transporters. Anakin and those who weren't watching an entry point turned to see the hangar bay fill with a great variety of battle droids.

An advanced battle droid made it's way to Master Windu, he assumed it was one of those who were in command due to the rep markings on his armour. The droid stopped in front of Mace. "Master Jedi, OPM-57 reporting for duty." The droid gave a crisp salute. Their programming was certainly advanced Mace noted to himself as he returned the salute just as crisply.

"You're aware of your orders?" Anakin asked the droid.

The droid turned to face Anakin. "All mission parameters have been programmed and ready to launch, sir." Anakin looked to Obi-Wan who nodded. It was time to get going.

Anakin turned back to the droid commander. "Very well, get your..." he paused for a moment, unsure of how to address the droid army, "... your men into their positions, fan out and join a clone group and divide the droids between each group."

"Roger, roger," the droid replied and headed out to carry out his orders.

And they moved out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

They didn't get too far before they met those who were coming towards them, and a furious fight erupted in one of the corridors. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace Windu stood in front of their squadron, deflecting the blaster bolts straight back at the stormtroopers, allowing their men to open fire with minimal losses to their ranks.

They started to push the stormtroopers back, when each of them became aware of those who were force sensitive trying to approach them from behind. And as much as they wanted to protect their squadron, they knew that these particular clones needed to be dealt with.

The force-enabled clones attempted to lead them away from their squadron with the intention of flanking them. But the Jedi stood their ground; they forced them to c

11. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Purely magnificent chapter I must say. Glad to see Yoda giving Obi-Wan and Anakin a little piece of information there before the big confrontation- I hope it helps!

12. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    wow!!! I loved this chapter... loved the fight scenes... our little Yoda kicked some Force Sensitive Clone butt!!!! lol... Anakin is a really good quick thinker... and now the fight vs. Sids!!! I'm glad Yoda gave them some guidance... I know Anakin won't fail now...

Rachel Rose@};-

update soon!

13. michaellover

May 30, 2005
    That he would not be alone in facing the darkness; he would have a brother standing with him.

awwww... I love those two![face_love] and Mace's chat with Ani at the begining

14. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
  15. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Here's a short chapter to keep you all going :)

You have been so kind in your comments. I'm glad that you're enjoying the fic. More to come.

Chapter 19

Sidious was sat facing the space-scape of the Death Star, he watched the ferocious battle with feigned interest. Occasionally a large green beam would spout from the super laser and another capital ship would be dispatched. He sensed each scream of horror in the force, their fear and their last thoughts just before they died. He licked his lips malevolently. He reached out with his senses, he could sense the Chosen One getting closer. Soon all things would come to an end, and he would rule the galaxy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yoda scanned his surroundings to find the bodies of clones and storm troopers everywhere. They had not suffered as many loses as the imperial forces, but it was enough to cause a serious problem. They were a small group in an impossibly large battle station. He opened himself to the Force, and he could sense the opportunity this presented. He turned to Mace, ?Master Windu, a plan I have?. Mace was busy treating the wounds of a clone who had taken a heavy blow to the head, his tunic was covered in blood. ?Master Yoda, we?ve lost too many clones to do anything effective,? Yoda hobbled over and rapped him with his cane, ?still see you do not!? he said jabbing his gimmer stick at the Korun Master ?more manoeuvrable a small group is, easier to infiltrate I think mmm?? Mace thought about it for a moment, and then it dawned on him. ?You are right, why didn?t I think of that? What do you propose master?? ?Infiltrate the clones will, and help young Skywalker and Kenobi we will.?

Mace was lost in thought for a moment, using his own unique gift searching for the shatter point of the whole battle. He saw the lines connecting Anakin, Obi-Wan and Sidious, and it was at that moment that he realised that everything, the fate of the galaxy depended on Padme, and her unborn children. He turned to Yoda, ?I agree, we must get Padme away from here as soon as possible. She is the key to all of this.? Yoda nodded, ?then to the detention centre we shall go.?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The elevator doors opened with a swish, and the two Jedi walked into the throne room. The dark side of the Force was strong here, it was oppressive. Both Jedi suppressed a shiver as they walked into the room. There was no furniture whatsoever other than the throne that was at the top of the steps that loomed before them. A disembodied voice echoed over the room.

?I have been expecting you, but I must admit I?m surprised that you?re arrival is later than I had expected.? Anakin fought down the revulsion at the voice he heard, the one that sounded like a doting uncle, only it was the voice of the one who was responsible for the death of many Jedi. ?We aim to please? Obi-Wan replied, his voice ringing out clearly and echoing through the throne room. The chair at the top of the steps turned, and sat there was darkness itself. ?Ah, Lord Vader, how good it is to see you again?? he turned to face Obi-Wan ??and you?ve brought me a gift! How thoughtful of you.? The sickly yellow eyes focused on Anakin.

He could sense the darkness crashing against his shields, probing for a weakness. When it found none, Sidious? face turned into a scowl, ?do you have nothing to say to your Master? I find your insubordination most distressing Lord Vader.? Anakin still said nothing. Sidious leered at him, ?very well then, dispatch this Jedi scum, and I will choose to ignore your direct disobedience of my orders.? Still Anakin didn?t move. ?Did you not hear me Lord Vader? Perhaps I didn?t make myself clear, kill this Jedi,? he spat the word Jedi ?or your wife will suffer a terrible accident, as will her unborn child.?

Anakin raised his head and eyeballed Sidious. ?Firstly, I am Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Master in service of the Galactic Republic, secondly you have no power over me ,thirdly, there is only one scum in this room and he?s the one I am looking at right now, and fourthly your reign

16. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Go Anakin--Go Anakin,,, Wonderful update EgKEnobi,,, I can't wait for more of the battle between Palpy, Obi-Wan and Anakin.

17. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    [face_shame_on_you] Sids... Sids... you're pretty stupid, are you not? Vader's gone... ANakin's back!!!!

The great duo is back to defeat darkness!!!!![face_dancing] Please let them win!!!

Rachel Rose@};-

18. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh this sure has been action-filled! I loved the moment with Yoda, Anakin and Obi-Wan. When Yoda poured all his learnings into them. That was very touching.

I can't wait to see the conclusion of this battle!

Awesome two updates!

19. DarthVaderette

DarthVaderette Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2004
    Just found this and am eagerly awaiting the next post. Can you PM me updates?

20. HandmaidenVeme

Jun 28, 2004
    Sidious is nothing but a cranky oldman with delusions of grandeur:p ! Kick his butt guys!!!

21. michaellover

May 30, 2005
    Go Ani!! Sidius is pissing his pants already!

22. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    this is seriously awesome!!!

it's really good how anakin didn't recklessly go on a save Padme rescue mission..

Love how u got Anakin and MAce to reconcile their differences... and the importance of Dex,m in convincing that he was not to blame for the death's of the Jedi.

23. EGKenobi

Apr 27, 2005
    Hi guys,

Thank you so very much for your kind comments. I'm glad you're enjoying the fic.

FitJedi : Go Anakin--Go Anakin,,, Wonderful update EgKEnobi,,, I can't wait for more of the battle between Palpy, Obi-Wan and Anakin.

Have no fear, the first part of the battle is coming next!!!

AnakinLuver : Don't, ooh you'll bave to be good if you wanna find out what happens next!! ;)

anakin_luver : Many many thanks for your kind comments. I have to admit I have a hard time writing battle scenes, I can visualise them in my mind, it's painting the picture I'm kind struggling with at the moment.

DarthVaderette : Consider yourself on the PM list

HandmaidenVeme : you're right, he is an old man ;) But there will be a surprise or two.

Son-of-Kenobi :

"this is seriously awesome!!!

- Thanks dude, cheque's in the post ;)

it's really good how anakin didn't recklessly go on a save Padme rescue mission..

- One of the things I didn't like about the film was that they made Anakin appear like a whiney little kid, who lacked intelligence, so I thought I'd add a bit more to him.

Love how u got Anakin and MAce to reconcile their differences... and the importance of Dex,m in convincing that he was not to blame for the death's of the Jedi.

- Well I like Dex so much I felt that I had to add him in, he's such a cool character.

And here without further delay is chapter 20.

Enjoy

EG

===============================================

Chapter 20

Obi-Wan and Anakin stood side by side, their ignited lightsabers humming gently at their sides. The air was thick with tension and apprehension. But there was also another struggle going on. Not one that could be seen physically, but in the eyes of the Force.

The dark and light side of the Force clashed, waves crashing all around the throne room. There was no way a padawan could cope with such energies, but the two Masters stood side by side, firmly rooted in the light. The dark side crashed against their shields as Sidious tried in vain to find a weakness he could exploit.

The combatants circled each other, each trying to second guess the other. Sidious? eyes bored in to Anakin, trying to intimidate him, ?I see you?ve chosen death then?? It was more a statement than a question, and if Anakin was fazed by what Sidious said, he didn?t show it. ?There is no death, there is the Force.? Sidious almost laughed, ?Is that what they told you? It?s a lie spread by the Jedi to allay their own fear of death?? Obi-Wan sighed loudly, ?is it your intention to talk us to death my lord?? Sidious didn?t like the tone of his voice. Anakin struggled but failed to stifle a giggle, typical of Obi-Wan he thought, He always finds a way to make the darkest night seem lighter.

For a moment, everything in the room went still, and then all hell broke loose.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yoda and Mace Windu got to the detention block easily enough, but getting out was another matter. They had Padme with them, but the imperial storm troopers blocked off the only exit point from this level. Blaster bolts rained relentlessly on their position.

There was a large chamber in the middle of the room, which house the control panels for that particular detention block, which the clones used for cover while they rained down death towards the Jedi?s hiding place.

Mace was getting anxious. They had long since parted from their clones who?d left them to destroy the monstrosity they were aboard. And if it were only himself and Yoda he had to worry about, then there would be no problem at all. However they had Padme Skywalker with them, and everything depended on her.

Mace looked at her, she was pale; her skin was clammy. He sensed out with his feelings, and he could sense the hormones raging within her. She also now had a sizeable lump on her belly; Mace reached out with the Force and could sense two little Force signatures

24. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    Great first part of the battle EGKenobi.. so exciting. Glad to see that Anakin is holding it together quite well, and actually taunting Palpy-- so great. Can't wait for the next update.

25. AnakinLuver

Feb 13, 2006
    I'm glad Mace and Yoda got to Padme and are on their way to safety...

Go Anakin!!!! WOOHOO!!!! He's so awesome!!! Sids is done for!!! He's blind!!! HA HA!!! Kenobi and Skywalker have done it again!!! Yay!!! Love the sarcastic remarks by Anakin and Obi... so loveable... hee hee...

Rachel Rose@};-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.