main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Heart of Destiny (JA - ANH)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Laura_Kenobi, Aug 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ApprenticeM

ApprenticeM Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2001
    Man, I still hate that scene with the Council!! :mad: What was Qui thinking? That Obi wouldn't mind?!?!? :mad: :mad: And the kid is dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since Sidious needed a better apprentice, maybe he should've played on Obi's insecurity after Qui's decision! Just imagine the look on Qui's face if when the blaster doors slid open to reveal Maul, Obi went to stand next to him.....It would serve him right!! Afterall, his last words were all about some kid he just met. And said kid would only grow up to be a feared Sith Lord!

*takes deep breath* Ok, I'm done ranting now.

2. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    i didn't like that part of the movie either quigon was being a jerk and we all know it and yes i was really crying your story is that good trust me pleasee post soon..... :) :) :) :) :)

3. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Up! :)

I'm with M! Qui-Gon just DUMPED Obi! And for that evil little BRAT!!! :mad:

Cool fic Laura!

4. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    That makes me really mad too! My brothers and I were having a little fun with my action figures, and we took Anakin and Obi, and made a little scene...

(Obi shows Ani his lightsaber)

Obi: Ok, Padawan, this is how you use a lightsabre...

Ani: Oh wow! Show me please!

Obi: Ok! Here goes!

(Obi runs Anakin through with his lightsabre, then laughs maniacly...

Obi: I killed him! YIPPEE!

Anywayz... my eight-year-old brother started cracking up...

5. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Wonderful couple of posts, Laura!!! I had a feeling it was Anakin and Padme when he had the vision at his wedding. Good job w/that scene btw, it was really sweet! [face_love]

The Council scene, as well. Grrrrr Qui-Dumb makes me so mad sometimes!!!! :mad:

Looking forward to more!

6. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    LOL KenobisGirl!!! [face_laugh]

Laura, you know this is the first time I check in and there's no new post? I finally caught up!! :D

7. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Wow, it's on the second page! :D

M: I've always thought that about the 'council scene'. Poor Obi! And LOL about Maul and Obi! But hey, if Obi tuned, he would get to wear that black leather... [face_love] :)

Jenny: ::blinks a few times:: I... Thanks! So it's really 'that good', huh? That's an eye-opener for me! :)

Ginger: I appreciate you giving me feedback (and Up's ;)) on this story although you've already read it! Thanks! :D

KenobisGirl: LOL! [face_laugh] My little brothers do stuff like that a lot with their action figures! [face_laugh] I love it! :)

Gimpy: Qui-Dumb, huh? I guess that's his new nickname? ;) Thanks for the kind feedback! [face_blush]

Sorry y'all, but I don't have time to post right now! I will post again tomorrow! Thanks for sticking with this! I came home from school today and there were 30 replies! Wow! :)

Until tomorrow...

:D

8. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    *ApprenticeM sits up in her chair*

Obi in black leather................ :D :D :D
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]
    :) :) :)

Turn Obi!!!!!!!!

9. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    obiwan in leather yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy..
    and your welcome laura your story is really that good and i know it will just get better and better with each post.... :) :) :)

10. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I'll give him leather that is a few sizes too small, so that it's skin tight... mmmm... wow...

Ok, I'm delirious..

More soon please! :D

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I can see I've caused quite a scene with the 'Obi in black leather' thing... ;)

M: Well, this is a completed story, so I can't go there this time... but maybe I'll write another story... [face_mischief]

Jenny: I still can't get over that my story is 'that good'! [face_blush] And I can see I got to you with the black leather, too! ;) Better with every post? I hope I can live up to that! :eek:

KenobisGirl: LOL! :D Here's a post!

~*~*~*~

If you haven?t seen TPM, I would suggest you do before you continue! :) MAJOR spoilers ahead if you haven't see it...

~*~*~*~

Naboo.

The planet was a lush one, and Obi-Wan was amazed at the number of species of plants that surrounded him. It was beautiful! Qui-Gon came walking over, and Obi-Wan resisted the urge to stiffen his shoulders. During his meditation on the Queen?s ship, he had begun to feel guilty for snapping out at his Master the way he had. He prayed that Qui-Gon would accept his apology.

?Master? I ? I behaved poorly on Coruscant, and I am sorry. It was not my place to disagree with you about the boy. I just?? Obi-Wan choked softly, and just as quickly got his emotions under control. There was not time for his emotions to run him ragged. He had to concentrate.

?Think nothing of it, Obi-Wan. You were just voicing your opinion. Perhaps I needed to hear it,? Qui-Gon paused, ?And? I am the one who should apologize. I know how much I hurt you back on Coruscant. I should have thought about it before I said what I did. I just want you to know that I love you as if you were my son, and I do not want to get rid of you. I let my belief in Anakin get the best of me, and I hurt you in the process. When I said you were ready, I meant it. You?ll be a great Jedi Knight, my Padawan. I?m already proud of you.?

Obi-Wan couldn?t help but smile. Force, he was glad that this was being cleared up. He hated being on bad terms with his Master. As the pair shook hands, the canyon that separated them seemed to slam shut, not even leaving a tiny crack.

~*~*~*~

Gwen A?mour tossed and turned in her bed. Sweat poured down her face and she groaned in torment. Muddled visions swam across her mind. Visions of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon and pain and terrible, horrible death. Agony swept through her, and she tried desperately to make the images clear and make sense. /// What? /// She called to the Force, /// what are you trying to tell me? ///

?Padawan, Gwen wake up!? Master L?arel shook Gwen gently. Gasping for breath, the young woman woke and glanced around frantically as if looking for something or someone.

?Gwen? it?s okay. It was just a dream. Shhhh? It?s all right.?

?Master! Something is wrong! Obi-Wan?? She burst into tears. Master L?arel was shaken and upset. She had never seen Gwen react this way to anything. Something must really be wrong.

?Padawan, tell me everything. What did you see??

?Oh, Master! Hideous, appalling visions. They were so blurry; I couldn?t make out faces or anything. There was just pain, and death ? and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were caught right in the middle. I?m so afraid? Obi-Wan??

A cold, hard knot formed in the Jedi Master?s stomach. If anything happened to Obi-Wan? she wasn?t sure what Gwen would do. She realized that he had not contacted Gwen, or anyone for that matter, since he had left. A cold chill raced up her spine. Something was definitely wrong. And all they could do was wait. Sitting in her Padawan?s quarters, Master Ginger L?arel began to beg the Force to keep Obi-Wan alive?

~*~*~*~

As they entered Theed, Obi-Wan kept his senses alert to every change and whisper in the Force. He couldn?t afford to drop his guard. It could prove fatal.

They made it into the hanger without too much trouble, and with blasters firing and lightsabers twirling, they made their way down the hanger.

?Get to your ships!? Padmé ? No, Obi-Wan reminded himself; she was actually the Queen of Naboo ? called to the pilots. That had been quite a surprise ? she had just anno

12. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    :_| :_|

You could've warned us that scene was coming!!!!

Nice to see Qui apologizing for that stunt...something Lucas shold've had hin do!!! Now, the question is, how will Ani affect Gwen's and Obi's lives?

And what did you think would happen when you mentioned Obi in black leather? We'd fall asleep? :confused:

13. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    First of all, I really liked that addition in the beginning - it seems so sad that in the movie Qui dies without them coming to any real reconciliation or apology, ya know? Great job adding it! :)

Also, that was a very well written death scene! Very sad, and I liked how you had it interspersed with what was happening with Gwen so we knew what was happening with her.

*sniffle* Poor Obi! :_|

P.S. - Renton Kenobi came up with that nickname ;)

14. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    grabs her tissues and cry's poor quigon cry's more, but it was very good like i said with each post it gets better and better and they are getting better... think's of obiwan in leather again yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyy..
    :( :( :) :)

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    M: Sorry! I guess I should've... oops! ;) Ani's role in Obi-Wan and Gwen's lives will be told... :) Obi in black leather = [face_love] :D

gimpy: Thanks! I also thought that Qui-Gon should've said something to help heal the mental wounds he had caused Obi-Wan - his Padawan of years and years. One would think that they would be very close - kind of like father and son. :) Ah, so Qui-Dumb is Renton Kenobi's invention? :p :)

Jenny: [face_blush] Thanks! Your comments (as well as everyone else's) are so encouraging! I can't tell you how grateful I am! Thanks again!

And as I wrote above, Obi in black leather = [face_love] :D

I may post later today, or possibly tomorrow - depending on various things...

:D

16. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    WHAT'S WITH ALL THE LEATHER!?!?!? Hmmm, Obi in a pair of baggy jeans with his shirt untucked and a pair of sneakers... Dreamy!!

Your welcome Laura! See, I have to up it cos I know how good it is!! ;)

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    ohh your welcome laura i mean what i say.
    i think obiwan would look even better with nothing on at all........ post soon.... :)

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Ginger: Yeah, that would be nice, too... [face_love] ;) :D

Jenny: LOL! [face_love] ;) Thanks for the wonderful comments!

Here's the next part...

~*~*~*~

* There is no emotion, there is peace? *

Obi-Wan chanted the line from the Jedi code over and over in his head. He wanted to tear his eyes away from the burning body of his Master, but he could not. He felt like an empty shell. Just skin and bones. Anakin was standing beside him ? his new Padawan.

* I become a Jedi Knight and acquire a new Padawan all in one day. How convenient. *

Obi-Wan was forcing back tears, and he noticed that Anakin was less successful. Bright blue eyes full of tears turned to Obi-Wan.

?What will happen to me now??

Obi-Wan took a deep breath.

?The council has granted me permission to train you. You will be a Jedi, I promise.?

Anakin didn?t smile. He just nodded. This was not a place for smiles. Perhaps that would come later. * If I can ever smile again? *

As the fire simmered into mere embers and everyone else left, Obi-Wan stepped wordlessly up to the pyre. Taking a small knife out of his tunic, he grabbed his Padawan braid. As tears ran down his face, he silently cut the braid off of his head from near his scalp. As it fell into his hand, the tears came with more force. He laid the braid in his master?s ashes. Then, as a second thought, he took the knife and quickly sliced open his left palm. He let the blood pool in his hard, and then poured it on top of his braid.

?I promise you, Master ? by my own blood - that I will train Anakin. He will be the best Jedi ever. I will not fail. I will make you proud?? Obi-Wan bent his head in grief. It was the very least he could do? his master had been the best man Obi-Wan had ever known. And it was his fault Qui-Gon had died. * My fault? *

~*~*~*~

?Master! Any news?? Gwen could barely ask. What if?

?I?m sorry my Padawan, but there is no news. The Naboo won the battle, but there is no word on what happened to the Jedi.? Master L?arel was extremely worried by now. Why was there no word? When she had asked to see the Council, the secretary had refused, saying that not all members were present and they were not seeing anyone at the time being. Why weren?t they all present? Where had they gone? She had never heard of any member of the council actually leaving? what was going on?

Gwen sank into a chair. Why hadn?t Obi-Wan contacted her? It had been hours since word of the victory had reached them? shouldn?t he have contacted her by now to let her know he was okay? He usually did?

* Not if he?s not okay? *

She shook her head in violent denial. No, that was not the case! It could not be!

?Oh, Obi-Wan,? she mumbled out loud, ?please come back to me??

~*~*~*~

Obi-Wan walked alone through the halls of the Jedi Temple. He had left Anakin with Master Yoda, and was headed for his quarters to see his wife. He felt terrible for not contacting her, but he wanted to tell her in person. The council had agreed not to say anything about what had happened - they were leaving that up to him. He was thankful for that? he wasn?t ready for everyone to know yet.

He stepped wordlessly up to the door to his quarters. Keying open the door, he stepped into the familiar room. As he looked around, he saw Gwen and? her master? curled up on the couch, asleep. Pain swept through him as he looked at them. Why couldn?t Qui-Gon have lived? He pondered over whether he should wake them. He decided they were probably very worried, and so he decided to rouse them. He walked closer to the two sleeping forms.

?Hey? Gwen, Mas?Master L?arel?? He could barely speak. He wondered how they would react.

They both stirred somewhat, but did not awaken. He tried again.

?Gwen, Love? Wake up? Gwen??

Master L?arel?s eyes fluttered open. As she focused on his face, she sat bolt upright.

?Obi-Wan!?

Gwen nearly leapt off the couch. ?What?? Her eyes fell on Obi-Wan and a sm

19. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    uppers! :)

Poor Obi! First he loses his Master then he gets stuck with that lil brat...I mean lovely little Anakin...

Cool fic Laura! Reads as good 2nd time as it did the first! :D

20. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    awwwwwww poor obiwan gets her tissues out again i feel soo bad for obiwan i just wanna give him a great big hug and make all the pain go away..... :_| :_|
    anywayz post soon i need to see obiwan not feeling so sad........... :( :( :)

21. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    Ginger, whata ya mean, Ani's EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I become a Jedi Knight and acquire a new Padawan all in one day.How convenient."
    Laura, that was really meaningful. I mean, you can see how hurt Obi is that Qui died (not to mention that his last words were about that evil Sith child), and that he feels somewhat blackmailed into taking Ani as his Padawan....and so early in his Knighthood too.

More soon please? :)

22. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    First of all, thanks so much to everyone for the FB! :)

Ginger: I still love that last line in your sig! :) Thanks for all the wonderful FB and the 'upping'! It's very kind of you to read this a second time and comment on it!

Jenny: Personally, I want to give him a hug and a kiss or two... ;) [face_love]

M: I like that line, too (I'm not trying to sound concieded (sp??) here...). It was supposed to be kind of a dry sarcasm but also showing how hurt Obi is...

I'm sure that made no sense... it's kinda late and I'm in a hurry to go read some more of Balance Point! :)

And I will post again tomorrow sometime! Okay? :D

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Here's the next post! Enjoy! :)

~*~ Ten Standard Years Later ~*~

?Master?? Nineteen-year-old Anakin Skywalker was anxious. They ? Obi-Wan, Gwen, and himself - were on their way to Naboo! He would get to see Padmé!

?Yes, Padawan??

?Ummm??

?We?ll be there in about two hours, Anakin. Be patient.?

?Yes, Master.?

Gwen smiled. Anakin was such a nice young man. And his affection for the Queen of Naboo was so obvious it was stunning. He had once told her he was going to marry Padmé, and she believed it. They seemed so perfect together.

Anakin stood. ?Master, may I go back into my room? I want to work on my surprise for Padmé!?

Obi-Wan smiled. ?Yes, Padawan, you may. Run along.?

Anakin strode out of the room, and Gwen smiled at Obi-Wan. He had changed much in the years as Anakin?s Master. His hair was longer than the short Padawan cut ? but not long like Qui-Gon?s had been, and he had grown a beard. She thought it was quite attractive.

?He really loves her, you know.? Obi-Wan spoke softly.

?Who? Anakin? And Padmé? I know.?

?They?ll be married soon.?

?How do you know??

?He wants to ask her. I gave him my permission. That?s the ?surprise? ? he?s making her a wedding ring.?

?That?s so wonderful!?

Obi-Wan looked thoughtful. ?I suppose??

?What?s that supposed to mean??

?Never mind. It?s nothing to worry about. Just an old Master worried about his Padawan Learner, that?s all.?

?You?re not that old?? her eyes sparkled.

?Oh, really? I guess I missed out on that one. It must be the old age.? It was his turn to laugh, and they both smiled.

Anakin came bounding back into the room. His fist was curled around something as though his life depended on that he not drop it. He looked over at Gwen.

?Master Kenobi,? it was his name for her, as he thought that since she was married to Obi-Wan she should have his last name, ?can you do me a favor?? He grinned sheepishly.

?Of course, Anakin! How can I help you??

He walked over to her and held out his hand. ?I want you to tell me if you think Padmé will like this.? Gwen opened her hand, and he dropped something small into it. She glanced down at the object now in her hand.

It was a ring, made of the most beautiful Alderannian gold she had ever seen. The stone was a perfectly cut diamond, set off by two light blue stones ? they seemed to be the color of Anakin?s eyes. It was beautiful!

?Oh, Ani? this is great! She?ll love it, I?m sure!? She smiled up at him.

?Really??

?I promise. It?s amazing! Did you make it yourself??

?I?yes.?

?Really, Ani, she?ll love it. You did a great job.?

?Thanks!? He took the ring from her and scurried back into his room.

Gwen met Obi-Wan?s gaze. ?What??

?I don?t know? I just? he?s in a very bad position right now.?

?Anakin? What makes you say that??

?He?s more vulnerable now than he?s ever been. He?s so full of emotion? and his powers are incredible. He has mastered some things already that many Jedi Masters can never do. He enjoys the power, and if someone could turn him?? Obi-Wan shuttered, and his eyes were clouded with worry and fear. Fear for a boy who was as close to him as a son could ever be. Gwen knew that Anakin meant much to Obi-Wan, and the thought that there was even the slightest of chances that he may lose him was tearing him apart.

?Oh, he?ll be fine, Love. Anakin is a strong young man.?

?Yes? we?ll just have to hope that he stays that way. I?m not going to lose him as I lost Qui-Gon.? Obi-Wan?s voice was dangerously low.

?You won?t Obi-Wan. Don?t worry.? But even as she said the words, a chill ran up her spine. If Anakin was to turn? she mentally shook her head. No? he would not. It was unthinkable. He was so strong?

~*~*~*~

?Anakin!?

Obi-Wan watched as his Padawan raced into the arms of the woman he loved. Padmé was laughing, and Anakin kissed her gently. Obi-Wan couldn?t help but smile. They reminded him of Gwen and himself when they here younger.

24. ApprenticeM

Apr 10, 2001
    So I take it we can imagine Obi looking any way we want? :D [face_mischief]

Didn't Sidious (he is the note writer right?) learn anything during TPM? You don't mess with Obi's loved ones or he'll cut ya in half! Look at Maul, he learned that the hard way.

And since when did Ani become a jewerly (sp?) maker?

More please!!! :)

25. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Yeah, any way we want...

*dreamy look...* [face_love]

Yeah, you mess with Obi's loved ones and you get diced! And I'm not sure who the writer is... ?[face_plain] ;) [face_laugh]

I figured that since Ani likes to make things, he might want to make Padme a ring rather that buy her one... and I just thought it was interesting... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.