main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Heart of the Jedi - Unpublished "Lostworlds" Novel Released Online

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand Admiral Paxis, May 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    LINK REMOVED

[​IMG]

Hey everyone. I didn't see a thread for this, so I figured I'd make one. Apologies if there's already one out there or I could have posted this somewhere else.

Apparently Joe Bongiorno's Star Wars Timeline has found another cancelled, unpublished Star Wars work and posted it online. Kenneth C. Flint was originally commissioned to write The Heart of the Jedi for Bantam Spectra back in the early 90s, as the first book in a trilogy taking place immediately after the Battle of Endor. However, some internal problems in the company eventually led to disagreements with a number of other authors, and the series was cancelled.

Not only has Flint been kind enough to release his unpublished work, he's also edited and revised it to make it fit in with Legends continuity as it's currently established. The Star Wars Timeline will release four chapters of The Heart of the Jedi per month, and also included some behind the scenes information on why the series was cancelled in the first place. Technically the novel is non-canon, even in the Legendsverse, which is a shame. However, thanks to Bongiorno and Flint, we now get to see a cancelled piece of continuity for the first time, as well as an entire new novel set in the Legendsverse, which is an increasingly rare treat these days. Enjoy!

2. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    You may want to pull that. Jello locked the earlier thread.

3. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    I know it's a bit weird, but I would advocate that this not be locked. The material isn't available in any other form, and it isn't clearly breaking any rules. As far as I can tell this is at this point, as licensed as fan fiction. The publisher this was being written for doesn't even have the license anymore! Of course, if it does get locked, that's understandable.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Hey, I'm just saying what happened when it was posted the first time. I am merely trying to be a note of caution I don't want anyone to get in trouble. There was questions of whether it was legit just a few days ago.

5. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Ah, that would explain why I couldn't find a thread in the first place. Thank you for pointing that out to me. While I offer my sincerest apologies if I've inadvertantly breached any rules of the thread, I would nevertheless ask the moderators to consider leaving a thread open for this novel. Although The Heart of the Jedi is non-canon and unpublished, it was originally set to be officially released by a licensed publisher. In its current state, it may be fan-fiction, but it's also a lost piece of Star Wars history that I'm sure many people on the Lit forum would love to read and discuss.

Of course, if that breaches the rules, I understand completely and once again apologise for my mistake.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  6. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    Well said and I believe you meant well. I'm not trying to be harsh. [:D]

7. Tolvo

Tolvo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    The man hasn't written enough for Star Wars for me to have an opinion of his work, but I was planning to take a look at the story at a later point. Naturally I'd like a platform to discuss it, but then again its kind-of-Legends-kind-of-not status makes it only so relevant.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Unless we get the clear from LFL, we must err on the side of caution and treat this the same way we do all pirated material.

As before, the link will be removed and the thread locked.

Grand Admiral Paxis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.