main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Heat Within Series (NJO, K/J) -- Part II has been posted!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Amidala_Skywalker, Nov 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Wonderful update! And thanks so much for sending me the PM. *cackles and rereads*

It was wonderful, and long, and good, and... Yeah. You get the point. I'll shut up now.

I can't wait till Part III!

2. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    100 POSTS! Fantastic! Now we?re into the triple digits :D. Thanks, everyone, for replying! :)

Kyp_Jaina_Jag: Thank you! Easily one of my favorite K/J stories ever? *blush* What a lovely compliment.

JJD: It does indeed raise many questions. You won?t, however, be able to answer them until much later on in the series. It also depends on whether Nenetlya tells the truth ;). Thanks! Well, I?ve begun to plan the next chapter, but I won?t jinx it by saying anymore.

Su: Do I love to torture you? ;) Would I make you beg? I?m really less evil than that :D. Off-putting is the right word when it comes to describing Nenetlya?s character ? probably even better than my ?mysterious?. I doubt she would have prior knowledge from the Vong. When they invaded her world, they were just on the end of the SW galaxy and had yet to interact with the Jedi. As for being a student of human nature, not matter how good you are, I doubt you could tell that much about a person after you?ve only spent five minutes with them. So what reasons are we left with now? You left out an important one. Jaina believes that the woman has a ?gift? ? which could allow her to see the future or inside people?s thoughts. Nenetlya will play an important role in the plot, but we?ll mostly see her working in the background. She?ll only come on-screen in one other instalment, which is in the middle of the series. *laughs* Okay, you?re right about wrenching them through emotions ;). However, in the spirit of being nice to my characters, they?ll always have a few moments that make up for the bad times. Ah, yes, psycho angst :D. I?m looking forward to writing part III. Woah, look at this reply, Suby! Long.

Mom: Hi! Didn?t expect to see you here! Welcome ? and thanks!

Jez: Thanks! Addicted, eh? Hehehe.

Jaina_and_Jag: Thanks! :) Yes, I know of someone who has the same problem you do. The chapter wasn?t supposed to be a long as it was, but when I sat down, the words just started to flow across the screen. I don?t think I do anything small ;). LOL, you liked Nenetlya? Yay, it?s great to see both positive and negative reactions towards her! And yes, your reasoning is very true. She has made them question their relationship. We got to see that with Kyp. One main reason I think that they reaffirmed the ?partners? relationship was to hold onto something from the past, or try to make themselves believe that they still felt that way. What do you think?

Saber: Here?s a turn around ;). You?re on my story this time. Thank you! Witch off in the mists, eh? One of my beta-readers compared her to that plant lady in Minority Report. *laughs* I like that passage you quoted, too! I had to play around with Jaina?s dialogue to get it right. I love writing K/J banter, though. Hehehe, and yes, I couldn?t resist giving you all a teaser :D. I think it made replies my exciting ;).

Carr: *tackles!* I posted! Thanks!

Gwen: Thanks! You think I got Kyp?s character right? Whew! That?s one of my main worries. Yes, I found that writing this story kept me on my toes more. Part I was always going to be a rescue mission, whilst in part II we got a chance to see ?The Adventures of Kyp and Jaina?. However, do you notice how Jaina always manages to get hurt? She?s already recovering from being dead when we start the next story! I really don?t have a personal vendetta against her ;). Seriously, when she was talking to Kyp alone, I thought she was going to say the same thing she said to Jaina. Now that would have been interesting to see. Let me just say that, in a way, all of Nenetlya?s predictions will come true. Aww, thank you for the comment about my imagery! Much appreciated!

Bellyup: Review massively = sounds awesome :D. See you later today!

Oba: I need gingko :p. My memory is going, too :p. I even forgot what I told you to say! Nevertheless, I?m betting it was something humorous. Thanks! I agree with your assessment of Nenetlya. She thinks that all she?s been through giv

3. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Good, good! I loved the long post! I can't wait for the third part, that's going to be interesting!

4. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Elfsheen: Thanks! :) I hope people like me posting in bulk as opposed to posting in bits and pieces.

Anyone else out there? Lurkers? :D

Am [face_love]

5. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    I hope people like me posting in bulk as opposed to posting in bits and pieces.

*snarl* I don't. I still haven't found the time to read the whole thing yet! I have to keep sitting down and picking up where I left off. So either your post is far too long, or my life is too busy!! Ehh...come to think of it, it's probably the latter that is true... but I personally would prefer shorter posts.

No offence or anything. ;)

6. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Thats great Amsie!!

And I'm sorry (again) that I was gone so long!!

7. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    *chuckles* We've got three people here with the same avatar--Elfsheen, Mirax and Ams. What a coink-i-dink!

8. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm probably the only person in here who didn't mind Nenetlya in the least. Her shadowy past makes her a fun character, and I'd imagine that Ams will have fun peeling back the shadows like layers on an onion. [face_mischief]

Oh, and when I was betaing, I mentioned that Nenetlya reminds me of the old plant lady from Minority Report that acted all weird to Tom Cruise. But she turned out to be ok, right Ams? ;)

See, it was a silly reply! :p [face_blush]

Jae Angel

9. jediknightleia

jediknightleia Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 28, 2002
    Damn! That was awsome! I'm not sure about Nenetlya telling Kyp that if he hooks up with Jaina it will bring heartache come on Kyp saved her life.But who know it woukld be kind of cool if Kyp did betray her. I wonder how Jaina dies. Keep it up! Can't wait for the part III!

10. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Can I kill Jaina ?

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Jul 4, 2001
    Bellyup: Well, you could pretend that I?m posting in sections over a period of days. For instance, you read two scenes today and one scene the next. My normal posts are usually seven to ten pages, anyway. However, if the reader majority prefers shorter posts, I?ll reconsider the bulk posting method. Re: the avatar, the Jaina icon rocks ;). I?ve seen a few more lovely icons of Jaina, Kyp, and Jaina and Kyp (together) on some JC icon-maker websites. I hope we?ll see some of those uploaded soon. Have you seen the picture which my icon came from? Now I now why all the men are chasing after Jaina ;).

Mirax: Thanks! Hey, as I said, it?s not a problem. I felt guilty for going ahead and posting.

Hel: Well, after our AIM conversation, we know what happened to the plant woman. It?s always the mysterious, witch-in-the-mist-like characters that survive at the end of a movie. Layers like an onion? Hehehe, love the metaphor. Silly reply? Never!

jkleia: Thank you for your reply! Recently, Kyp has had a very positive influence on Jaina ? she probably wouldn?t admit it under oath, though! ;) I think it would definitely put the story into a spin if Kyp did betray her. Stay tuned!

3MD: *looks over in Kyp?s direction* Ask the boss ;). He?s already unhappy at the prospect of Jaina dying and then coming back to life. I?ve tried to tell him that it won?t hurt ? much :D.

Thanks, all! I?ve asked oba to work on some cover art for this series. She?s the graphics master. I can?t even cut Tom Cruise?s name out of a poster ;).

Am [face_love]

12. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I'm gona kill her anyway

/kills Jaina

:p

13. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Ams, you take the phrase "Progress is progress" to a whole new level. My word! :eek: 8-}

So, Kyp has a chivalrous side. Who would have thought. Trying to make amends for past transgressions, perhaps?

I have to say, I'm surprised Jaina took his protective air as easily as she did when confronted with those goons in the spaceport. I think it says as much about herself as it does about how she's starting to feel about Kyp.

Nenetlya, now there's a tricky woman wrapped in a mystery. It's unsettling how well she's able to read both Kyp's and Jaina's inner thoughts and feelings with such ease and clarity. And, as far as we know, they don't even know her, have never met or heard any mention of her before. Her warnings sound like they aren't something to be messed with. What could possibly be in Kyp's future that would hurt Jaina so?

What does that fun Nox lady have up her sleeve?! :eek: 8-} ;)

Awesome fighting scene when they were trying to get Nenetlya off the planet. Jaina had a Matrix thing going for her. 8-}

Good to see she made it through OK, though. And to wake up with Kyp keeping vigil at her bedside... [face_mischief]

The ending feels like a cliffe to me. I know that that particular part of their journey is over, but Kyp's musings in his ship log entry, as well as his admitted sense of anticipation for the future, are conveyed to the reader extremely well. I'm left with the same feelings he has, wondering what's in store.

And now I want soup. Curse you, Ams 8-}

::Windstar Out::

14. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Upping with my own personal 1000th post because I wanted it to go towards something productive 8-}

UP!!!

::Windstar Out::

15. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    LOL! Congrats one 1000 Bri. :)

~~Jilly

16. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Well, well, well.

I've not been on these boards in quite some time. But you, Amsie, have my full support of this marvelous story.

You have their characters dead-on, and while I don't read much Kyp/Jaina (or Jaina/anyone, for that matter), this has got me hooked.

Awaiting your promised Part III,

Kady. ;)

17. -Trickster-

-Trickster- Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 2003
    Ah...*grins* So, when can we be of the expectation for a new post, A.K.A. Part III?

[Yes, I realize this is a bit...ooc for me...considering I'm a fervent believer in J&J]

18. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Ive got to agree with Trickster, when is part III ?

19. Wes_Janson

Wes_Janson Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 17, 2004
    Uppers

Yub Yub!

20. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    kinda old but uppie...

This is an AWESOME story. I love it. Especially that scene in the first chapter ;) like, wow.

I don't seem to share this general dislike of Nenetlya that most people do... I think she's an interesting character, mysterious.. hm.

"Jaina had a Matrix thing going for her."
    I knew it seemed similar...
    When I read the scene, I just thought "slow motion". Bullet time! yes...

Anyway, can't wait for the next part. ^^ please...

21. Elfsheen

Elfsheen Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Is there gonna be a part III soon? I'd really like to see what happens!

22. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    I don't think I've ever replied to this one, and I kind of am ashamed. I don't like too many Kyp/Jaina fics, because they're often kind of fake and forced. This one, though, is just plain good, and I think the relationship they have with each other is realistic. Great work.

Oh, and up!

23. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
  24. Rogue11JS

Rogue11JS Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    MUST HAVE NEW POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Suffering from widthdraw*

Ehem

THis is a great story hope to see some more.

REALLy

As in the very near future.

Please?

25. Abby

Abby Jedi Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Wow...

I haven't really read your stuff before, but you are an incredible writer! I read both of these tonight and, well, WOW :D

There were too many good parts to name!

And the best part is, I'm from Canada and our dictionaries must be pretty close, because I didn't notice anything spelled funny :D

I give you a great big UP!

~Abby~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.