main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Heir of Starkiller

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tatooinewizard, May 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    First things first: Disclaimer- I own nothing of Star Wars and am not responsible for any part of its creation.

Also: Summary- Takes place 10 years after the rise of the Empire, concerning a rebellion (not THE Rebellion) against the Empire, then the main character's confrontation with the Dark Side of the Force. An original character driven piece.

And with that out of the way, here's the first scene of 'The Heir of Starkiller'...

Dolora Gintshaft was a drab, ordinary seventeen-year-old girl. Or at least that?s how I look, she sullenly noted. She was staring into the intricately framed oval mirror, which had hung over her bureau for ages, and as she scrutinized her appearance, she realized that she looked rather ill. That, she knew, was due to three things; her terribly dark mood, the dim lighting in the room?which was only there because of the illuminated city buildings outside of the apartment?and the fact that she?d had a Churyen in her distant ancestry.

She shook her head as she continued to gaze at her pale face, distastefully taking in the sight of her shoulder-length black hair, and her dark lips and purple eyes, the latter had charcoal rings embedded underneath them. She honestly thought she was worse than ordinary, an ugly freak, and the ugliness didn?t stop with her appearance. It was within her and she hated it.

But if there was one thing in the universe that she hated more than herself, it was the Galactic Empire. There had never been anything more diseased and foul, and it was that hatred that would lead Dolora down a new path, far away from her parents? apartment near the heart of Coruscant, the planet that was called by most in this day and age, Imperial Center.

She had already signed on with one of the small Rebellion groups. All she had to do was meet with them tonight before they left Coruscant, well that?s what Crin Fabian had said. What if they thought she was too much of a risk considering her familial back round, or what if they held her youth and inexperience against her?

No matter, she was never going to return to this life. She would no longer be Dolora Gintshaft, instead she would be Dolora Wandry. Wandry was a name that was rooted more than two hundred years in her ancestry; it seemed to suggest freedom, and that?s why the girl had chosen it.

Suddenly the door to her room opened, and Dolora spun around to see her father. Kern Gintshaft was a tall, somewhat imposing man, both in body-size and personality. He was clad in exquisitely tailored blue robes that denoted his position as Imperial Senator. The fine, embroidered garments worked to call even more attention to his stunning blue eyes, which was just as well for his eyes seemed to belie his true age of fifty-five standard years.

Usually one could see at least part of a smile on his white-bearded face, at least when he wasn?t doing his senatorial duties, but he didn?t smile now as he said, ?Aren?t you going to say goodbye to your brother??

Dolora was in such a mood that she responded, ?He?s my half-brother, and I don?t want to.?

Kern looked even more melancholy than when he?d first arrived. ?I wish you?d just try to get along with Sloan. You don?t know how much it hurts me that you couldn?t even congratulate him when he told us that he?d been promoted to captain. He?s one of the youngest to have ever achieved the rank, and??

Dolora sighed, pained by her father?s words and expression. He was the only member of the family she truly cared about, that she?d truly miss, and she was willing to bet that he?d be the only one saddened by her departure. And so she relented, knowing it was the least she could do for him.

?I?ll say goodbye to? Sloan,? she said, biting back the insult ?Imperial Scum?, then she added, ?I?m sorry, Father. I don?t ever want to upset you, and I think I do that all too often.?

?Nonsense, Dolora.? Kern flashed her a smile, the expression made his daughter frown with guilt, but she said nothing. ?Now let?s go. Captain Gintshaft will have to be leaving soon.?

Dolora didn?t move, her

2. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    Interesting. Why, I wonder, would she have respect for Vader? I would imagine someone who dislikes the Empire so much would despise Vader. I do look forward to more. :)

lordmaul13

3. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Thanks for stopping by. This is actually the first scene of book III, you might have guessed. Especially the whole first chunk of it will have next to no connection to one, or two, for that matter. The mention of Cloudia's last name and the Churyen race is about it for a long time. Don't know when I'll post more, whenever I write it, but that's all. It might be soon because I like the next two scenes, but I still have quite a bit of clean-up editing left on 'The Legend of Black Saber' and other things.
    Yeah you'd think that someone one who hates the Empire would have no respect for Vader. That actually makes sense, but there is a reason, it's foreshadowing something I think.

4. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    I thought maybe her respect for Vader meant something. I had no clue what it could be but I figured it meant something.

lordmaul13

5. emimar

emimar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2003
    I'll take a look at this when I get the chance.

6. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Why not? Up.

7. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Wow! another good story.

8. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Wow! here as well. I was shocked to see this so high up. Thanks for reading this one too, and I've got another new one listed in my sig as well. It's the one that says Book II.

9. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Just checking. This is weird.

10. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Next post....please.

11. tatooinewizard

May 13, 2003
    Soon hopefully. I'm only part way through the second scene. This and 'The Sith Mandate' will probably start picking up speed when I finish editing 'The Legend of Black Saber'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.