main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST The Hero Celebration and EP VII Ending

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by clone3131, Aug 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    EP I ended with Anakin and the gang being celebrated on Naboo by Palpatine.

EP IV ended with Luke and the gane being celebrated on Yavin by Leia and the Rebellion.

If these trilogies are suppose to have rhythm, then EP VII should end with the same type of format, right? Maybe the new heros get kuddos from ........?

-C

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the new heroes will get this from Luke: ;).

Dak Oolron likes this.
  3. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

Thats what I was thinking too. Although, its always been a Skywalker getting a medal or the accolades....

-C

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    We don't know if there is/isn't a new Skywalker in VII, if yes than damn those Skywalker stage hogs.:p

5. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    Luke will get another medal for destroying the super weapon and then hand it to Chewie. Daisy and Boyega make out in the background.

Redimet, Rabs, El_Machete12 and 3 others like this.
  6. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    I think your keyboard is broken.

EHT and Darth Malgus like this.
  7. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm killing time before I have to get ready for work. [face_money_eyes]

8. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    No, not you, the OP. :)

9. Import_Jedi

Aug 20, 2001

Oh. :oops:Well, I guess that's an indictment on how much time I've spent posting on this board over the last 3 days anyway. :p

bobbyroberts likes this.
  10. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

And why is that?

-C

11. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    I think it will end on Coruscant with the new Chancellor welcoming the Jedi back to the planet. Last shots will be Luke and Leia smiling across at Daisy, who is hugging Boyega, whilst Threepio and Artoo look on. Cut to a wide shot of the group and the gathered, cheering crowd, then 'Directed by JJ Abrams'.

Rabs likes this.
  12. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    LFL will want this to be a triumphant return to form for Star Wars. The viewer will have to leave the cinema feeling elated. A good ending is a must. Leave the dark cliffhanger for Episode VIII.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. floatlikegas

floatlikegas Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2010
    Who says there will be a celebration this time.
    Maybe we might just get that bittersweet ending in star wars this time

14. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    If Han bites it then I honestly can't see a very upbeat ending, quite the opposite.

15. clone3131

Feb 11, 2004

I think if Han dies, which I HOPE he doesnt, then i think that will happen mid-film. To which there is a call to action where the heros step up, save the day, and at the end is a celebration...

-C

16. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Cliffhanger or no: bittersweet ending, no celebration, solemn, more like the ESB of the ST.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Could not resist fixing "Celebraion" in the thread title. :p

clone3131 and Dak Oolron like this.
  18. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Thank the Maker. That was bugging me, too! :-B

EHT likes this.
  19. DidIAskWhatWasCanon

DidIAskWhatWasCanon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2014
    If rhyming can be seen as a clue then it's a better idea to use *titles* as a means of prediction.

The first part of the trilogy will have an evocative title that points to something huge looming on the horizon. Something's coming...but there's ambiguity. It's never clear whether this title refers to one of the characters or to some sort of abstract concept.

The second part of the trilogy will have a name referring to a military action taken in retaliation to what's been going on up to that point.

The third part of the trilogy will have another name referring to retaliation, only this time there's a more personal element involved. It's not a strike, it's a comeback or something kharmic.

The interesting thing is that in the two trilogies so far there has been a reversal each time in whether it's the good guys or the bad guys the titles have referred to.

"A New Hope" (good guys); "The Phantom Menace" (bad guys)
    "The Empire Strikes Back" (bad guys); "Attack of the Clones" (good guys, at that point--a deus ex machina)
    "Return of the Jedi" (good guys); "Revenge of the Sith" (bad guys)

We can therefore expect the first part of this new trilogy to contain more foreshadowing than anything else, the second part to involve a backlash of some kind and the third part a final, glorious comeback.

So here's the point: the threat involved in episode VII will be nothing more than a warm-up round. So any celebration that follows it will be a temporary high. The real conflict begins, I suspect, in episode VIII. But of course all of this is assuming the standard formula.

20. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Episode VII will end with the heroes relaxing in a hot tub drinking Mai-Tai's except for Daisy who will be drinking Peppermint Schnaps.

21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    If one of the big three die, even by saving the day, hard to have a big celebration.

But I think something like this is likely to happen. It's a good way to push the new characters to the forefront for 8 and 9.

22. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    We will get the Spock Funeral for Han. Bagpipes courtesy of 3PO?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Exactly! Heck, the same could be said if any of the Big Three die. I guess you could say 'but Qui-Gon died in TPM or Obi-Wan died in ANH and those films ended with celebration.' Both are true, but I think it's two totally different scenarios. At the time, those two characters were not engrained in the public's mind for nearly 40 years like Luke, Han and Leia are. The connection to the Big Three almost feels more intimate and as a result, it'll be all that much harder to let them go. I'm not saying the other characters shouldn't celebrate their victory if they were to achieve that, but I feel it'll be a bittersweet ending - moreso than the other films.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Claire1976 like this.
  24. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If Luke is really in exile like the rumors have said, then maybe the end could show him coming back and him giving some type of award to the newbies?

25. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    TPM had a big celebration and Qui-Gon had died barely five minutes (that is, five minutes of viewing time, not in universe) prior

clone3131 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.