main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion The Heroine of the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Eddie, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Two cents. If the ST is about Reason (evil science, midi-clorian manipulation, Frankenstein's Monster) vs. Faith (in the Force), then I like the Hero in the ST to be Female. Also, she should be a Skywalker, not SkySolo. The heroine should be the direct descendent of Anakin and Luke. Also, an older son of Luke, who grapples with the Skywalker legacy and may even quit the order. No Dark Fall, but just Prodigal Son. His arc is finding his identity and fulfilling his destiny.

The Heroine represents life-Force as she helps to defeat a Dark Side personified character, who is a 'Dr. Frankenstein' type character, giving life to long dead warriors of the Clone Wars and the Rebellion (Clones and Stormtroopers). An antagonist bent on subduing the eternal and material world. The Heroine would be key to the defeat, or abeyance of this unnatural, ethereal enemy. She is the catalyst for The Chosen One's coup de grace of the major Villain/Antagonist. Of course, I'm describing the end of the ST (Episode IX)

Episode VIII is 'Some Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade' for Ancient Jedi (Bendu) and, even more interesting, Sith (Ashla) artifacts. Like an Indy in space. Two opposing forces seeking the MacGuffin, one with many resources and advantages, the other only heroics. The race ends on a cliffhanger and the heroes are scattered like flotsam and jetsam.

Episode VII starts the new adventure of course. The characters have to be well drawn. I assume the galaxy is stable, but heading in to chaos. A new threat divides the Jedi on a course of action. Varying opinions divide the council and Luke is made to choose the course. He's damned either way. There is schism in the Temple based on politics, but some doctrine, and Luke's friend and long time ally (the 70 year old) leaves the Council, the Temple (he's not a member anymore) and takes with him a significant faction of dedicated Jedi Knights.

Toonimator likes this.
  2. The Kulvax Sisters

The Kulvax Sisters Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2013
    Chloe Moretz has said she would 'kill' to be in Star Wars, personally I think she could be the best addition to the cast beyond the big 3, she is one of the best young actors of this entire generation and would definitely make up for Jake Lloyd.

Lead role in the movie? oh god yes, she'd be the best thing to happen to Star Wars and rebuild it's reputation for great actors and work.
    http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2013/07/30/chloe-grace-moretz-star-wars/

3. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I really have to watch kick-ass soon.

4. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I wanna see either a Solo Daughter or Granddaughter, preferably Allana or Jaina!

5. Don't grab the glowy end

Don't grab the glowy end Jedi Padawan

Jul 25, 2013
    Star Wars has been pretty bad with female characters. Not Lord of the Rings bad, but still not great. Leia's decent, but the original trilogy still fails the Alison Bechdel test.

Having the main character be female would be awesome. And Katniss Everdeen proves it can be done in the genre.

6. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013
    Ehh, that test is not used as some sort of "check box" female friendly requirement. It was just used as a point(in 1985) about the general landscape of women in film. You can have an extremely sexist film and it could pass that test.

No artist should have to follow any sort external criteria.

7. Don't grab the glowy end

Don't grab the glowy end Jedi Padawan

Jul 25, 2013
    Yeah, I agree. That would be an oversimplification. I'm certainly not claiming the originals were sexist or anything. I'm just saying that the environment is ripe for a female protagonist in the new films.

Darth_Pevra likes this.