main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Hero's Journey and the Shadows' Journey: Behind the Scenes of the Trilogy by SF Debris

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Darth_Anxious, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Darth_Anxious

Darth_Anxious Jedi Master

Jan 16, 2005
    Initially I made this thread at the classic trilogy forum, but I think it's fitting for this forum too, maybe it can spread the subject for more people:

I'm creating this thread to share with you an excellent series of videos made by SF Debris about the creation of the original trilogy. I was very surprised and pleased by the sheer amount of detail and behind the scenes informations assembled in these videos. First I researched and didn't find any topic about them.

We all already know about the difficulties to the realization of Lucas' dream, his mythic hero's journey, especially for the first film. But there are many things not told in the official history and documentaries.
    I didn't read yet the J.W Rinzler official books nor Michael Kaminski's (probably they were sources for these videos), but I watched nearly all documentaries available about Star Wars and I can say that these series truly surprised me with stories and facts that yet I've never heard, and have many production photos I've never seen before. It was a truly journey and it was a blast, I strongly recommend it to all fans here.

Each series has about 2h each. The first one, Hero's Journey, covers the very beggining of Lucas career to the phenomenal success of the original Star Wars. The Shadow's Journey continues from there, and depicts the behind the scenes and troubles in the making of the rest of the trilogy and Lucas' own empire.

Here where they can be watched:

I hope you can enjoy them as I did and we can talk more about it, it's a story that deserves to be told, remembered and discussed.

2. Darth_Anxious

Jan 16, 2005
    Sorry to the mods. I ask again to delete this thread too, just now I realized I could chance the banners, I think it's better to let it under the BTS category.

3. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I have deleted the redundant threads in CT and also the extra one in this forum. This one thread should be the source of discussion on this topic. I believe Saga is the better forum to host this. I can be convinced otherwise however. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Bazinga'd

In doing so you seem to have erased my reply, can you please retrieve it and put it here. Thanx.

5. Darth_Anxious

Jan 16, 2005
  6. Samuel Vimes

Samuel Vimes Force Ghost star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    I have watched the first two series and enjoyed them quite a bit.
    There were a few thing that I didn't know about.

And thus far, I find the series is fairly balanced, it doesn't try to take a side, that the OT is great, the PT sucks, Lucas is this or that.
    This is no Red Letter Media.

In all, strongly recommended.

Bye for now.
    The Guarding Dark

Darth_Anxious likes this.