main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The High Ground (just after TPM. Obi-Wan, One-shot)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Arcalian, Dec 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    Title: The High Ground
    Timeframe: A couple days after The Phantom Menace.
    Notes: Obi-Wan reflects on the lessons he learned in fighting Darth Maul....and I plug a logic hole in the prequel trilogy at the same time. :) Lucas owns all.

----

Obi-Wan had finished mourning his Master. Oh, he would hold the memory of Qui-Gon in his heart always, and try to pass his teachings on to the boy, but the sadness and grief were fading from him, into the serenity of the Force. Only three days it had been. Three days! Three days since he went from Padawan to Master, with a Padawan of his own in tow. His life had changed so fundamentally that he didn't know how to react, really.

But now they were back on Coruscant. The boy was asleep, and Obi-Wan had a moment's peace, to rest and meditate.

What came to him first was not Qui-Gon, nor the lessons he would need to teach Anakin, but a memory, of his battle against the Sith Lord.

He remembered hanging off the sensor node in the pit, the enormity of it swallowing him. The demon faced Sith Lord above him, smirking, kicking his lightsaber away, down down down below.

Obi-Wan remembered how he had used the force to grab Qui-Gon's lightsaber, fly up and over him, and chop him in half.

He had won, but he should have not been able to. The Sith Lord should have killed him as he flew up, for the Sith had had the high ground. Truly, the Force had been with him that day, Obi-Wan mused.

The Sith Lord's arrogance had played into his death, yes. But also, Obi-Wan surmised, he'd never had the high ground before in battle. He had been too surprised by Obi-Wan's counter to stop it, even though he should've been able to, easily.

Surprise at the unfamiliar, that was the answer. Obi-Wan must never make the same mistake. Having the high ground, one must never lose it.

He felt a quiet certainty that one day such knowledge might save his life.

Making a mental note to include that in Anakin's teachings, Obi-Wan drifted off to sleep.

2. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    =D= =D= =D=

That was incredible. I never ever thought of that!!!!!

Please write more like these!!!

Edit: I think Obi-Wan forgot to teach Anakin about that little insight he had.

3. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Having the high ground, one must never lose it.

Obi-Wan learned that lesson well.

Great job!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Very good insight. =D=

Good story. :)

5. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Ooh, very nice foreshadowing. Wonder if that insight comes back to haunt Obi-Wan later on? And rather a pity for Anakin that he didn't take heed of that little lesson... could have helped later on...

Good work! =D=

6. Discorpor8

Discorpor8 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Anakin, you better listen to Obi-Wan or you'll be a crispy critter one day! [face_shame_on_you]

Nice work!

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Excellent foreshadowing. Great job! :D

8. UltimateObi-Wan_987

UltimateObi-Wan_987 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    I really enjoyed that also, good job! Just adding a little more depth to the whole Star Wars story...!

9. Antilles2001

Antilles2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 20, 2001
    Oh, I love short concise pieces like this! =D= Reminds me a lot of my early Republic Commando vignettes.

Nice work. :)

10. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    This is really a nice little insight. Well done!

The Sith Lord's arrogance had played into his death, yes. But also, Obi-Wan surmised, he'd never had the high ground before in battle. He had been too surprised by Obi-Wan's counter to stop it, even though he should've been able to, easily. --interesting point!

BRAVO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.