main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary The Historical/Hysterical Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Isbeth, Nov 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    As we near our first anniversary as a fan force, I set up this thread so unlike the Jedi, none of our precious history will be lost. Please feel free to reminise about the founding of Maryland Fan Force, some of your favorite moments on the boards and in person and tell things you would like the newcomers to know about us. I will also as hospitality mistress, ask former regulars to drop by with their two cents.

For example: Did you know that we were originally called Charm City Fan Force?

Now does anyone remember sporks, whipped cream and/or habenaroes? ;)

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Hey all,
    I never made it to a meeting, so I just stopped posting here, though I will attempt to make it to at least one before I move this summer.

I've been lurking in this forum for awhile, and you guys all seem to have alot of fun. I hope I'll manage to join you sometime.

Did you know that we were originally called Charm City Fan Force?
    Yep. Heck, I most of the stuff I remember from this board was from around the first meeting....

3. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I can remember the fanfilm more than anything else. Even though it got killed, it was really fun while it lasted. In fact, that was one of the original reasons that I started to coming to the meetings.

Son of M.M.

4. Luke_Starkiller

Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    Ahh, the days of sporks and whipped cream!

Most of you only know me from the occasional drop-in here on the forum, but I was there back at the beginning. Unfortunately, the tinming of the meetings didn't coincide well with personal obligations. I do keep checking the board and hope to make another meeting soon!

This group from the beginning has been a lot of fun to hang and chat with! I look foward to more years with you guys and gals!!!!

5. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    It's good to see you're checking in Luke.

6. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Here are a few tidbits of info.

- MysterySith, who is now a Fanforce advisor, was the first poster on the Maryland Fanforce forum on January 31, 2001 at 3:47pm. His post was congratulating the Ravens on their super bowl win.

- Did you know that Mogook was the founding father of our super-cool Fanforce icon?

- Also Luke_Starkiller and Mogook were the ones that started the whole Maryland Fanforce idea and got our group started.

Let's Start a Fan Force for Baltimore

- There were two other webpages that were created for our Fanforce. Below are the links to them. The first webpage was made by Luke_Starkiller and the other by Mogook. Check em out!

CCFF Webpage 1

CCFF Webpage 2

7. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Great work DRK_HLMT. Thanks for posting this.

8. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    I haven't been here in about a month...sorry.

What's been going on since I last posted?!

Could somebody enlighten a newbie on this "spork" thing???

9. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    DRK_HMLT an excellent historian you are! Thanks for those links!

DarthMaulchael sporks can be found at Taco Bell and Popeyes and like the force come in light and dark.

10. DarthMaulchael

DarthMaulchael Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2002
    Ooooohhhhh.

*starts backing away*

And do you... play[\i] with these...things? ;)

11. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Only Drk_Hlmt in the privacy of his room!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.