main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The History of Crystal Skulls

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by JohnWesleyDowney, Sep 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    Spielberg has openly cited 'Robin and Marian', a 1970's movie about a fifty-something Robin Hood and Maid Marian as a thematic source for Indy 4. 'Robin and Marian' was essentially about how people's spirits don't change over time, but their abilities are weakened and they have to learn to cope with lessened powers.

Also, I thought that 'Rocky Balboa' did a pretty good job of realistically showing that Rocky was definitely an old man, but still having him be healthy and physical enough for the old story to be engaging.

2. Palpateen

Palpateen Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2000
    I think Rocky Balboa is a great comparison. Both Indy and Rocky are iconic movie roles, and they're both being seen on the downhill run so to speak. Stallone pulled off his swan song very well, and I hope Steven and Harrison do the same with Indy.

3. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    And really, the grace with which Indy's aging will be handled is the last problem I expect the movie might have. All the people involved are smart, way too smart to think they can dupe people into believing that he's still a young man, or to even WANT to get people to buy that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.