main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    You showing the 48fps one?

We have already tried our HFR projector out on Life of Pi, didn't seem particularly impressive but then I only saw a few minutes of a rather bland talking scene so it's not much to go on.

2. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Interesting review in an Austrian paper, summarizes it as "revolutionary and yet a step abckwards". They echo the "48fps looks like television" gripe, but more significantly, talk about how the expanded storylineof the White Council and Dol Guldurdistracts from the main story and upsets the pacing.

3. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Life of Pi was filmed in 24 frames, though, wasn't it? If so, it'll only show each frame twice instead of showing twice as many distinct frames.....

Not anymore!

4. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I look forward to the fan edits that cut the movie down to just the stuff from the book.

5. THE PortmanLuvva

THE PortmanLuvva Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2012
    Who's seen life of PI and is it good?:*

6. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    I haven't seen it, but I'd be a bad judge, as I very much disliked the book.

Be interesting to see how they'd do that.....

7. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Not sure, we just got told to come and see what 4HFR movie looks like and they played part of Life of Pi. So perhaps it was the projector altering the speedrather than the movie itself.

Best then to see The Hobbit as a medium to judge 48fps on, given that we know Jackson filmed it that way.

Whether it will catch on remains to be seen, we aren't charging any additional money for it in the HFR format.

8. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    No we didn't get it. The company upgraded my equipment for it but we are just playing regular 3d and 2d. It seems like my company is only playing the HFR in its large format screens so they can get the up charge for the large format. At least that's how it looks anyway.

SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  9. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Just bought "Song of the Lonely Mountain" from iTunes. Woo. Hoo. :D :p

10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
  11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    There is talk of Smaug appearing at the very beginning of this movie, any idea yet of how he will look?
    The recent TV spot just has a glimpse of him breathing fire for a second and his tail smashing parts of a building.

But, he definately has lots of gold:

[​IMG]

:p

12. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    I'll find out in 2 hours Rich, although I have no idea when I'll be able to share the information. :p

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Got my soundtrack. Absolutely love it!!

14. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
  15. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    By Aulë! That is a masterfully crafted song, which I cannot wait to hear in its proper setting... in the theatre, that is.

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

16. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    It's gonna be a special moment. I don't even feel like I've ruined it for myself. On a PC monitor it's great, but on the big screen that baritone will envelop me.

17. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Don't get me started on Armitage's voice. Just don't... I swear, the man could read the phonebook and I'd just stand there, listening with rapt attention. And to hear him singing in the theatre, with a surround sound system to do his voice justice? Be still, my beating heart...

Cheers,
    Lauré :)

Miana Kenobi and Everton like this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    When I was a little kid I distinctly remember I mom reading that part of the book to me in a funny voice. I will do my utmost not to crack up in the theater.

19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  20. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    Life of Pi is brilliant, stunning, breath-taking cinema. The film of the year. The film of my lifetime. One of the greatest movies I've ever seen.

But don't let me build it up too much. :p

THE PortmanLuvva and Bacon164 like this.
  21. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    It's 4:00 in the morning here.

Sadly life hates me, the projector gave out 2/3 in the movie (right after the riddles started, the first riddle was complete) they promised they would fix it after 10 minutes. Fine I can live with it. a short intermission is needed in such a long movie. After 45 minutes however they said they couldn't fix it and they would give a free ticket to every one.

So I've started the movie and not finished it. :_| And I was so into it when the projector gave out, the movie flew by but I do think a some scenes should have been cut out and be saved for the EE version (assuming there is going to be one)

I'm so pissed off at the moment I'm not tired and I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep for a while.

**** me.

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    You must fall asleep before the sun rises or else a great evil will befall you.

23. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    I shall resist!!! *does NOT click*

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Well, crap!

Darth_Omega likes this.
  25. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    A friend of mine in NZ saw it last night, and had little but complimentary things to say. I'm way too excited now!! :D

The only thing that sounds like it might be frustrating is where the movie ends--apparently with the Eagles rescue after the escape from the goblins. That's such a short way into the book. I wanna see Smaug and Dale!!