main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph One Thread To Rule Them All: The Rings of Power + The Hobbit & Lord of the Rings Trilogies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    That one is fan-made, here's the official music video with shots from all six films and some behind the scenes:

2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

I realized this was the wrong one

There is another one that has footage from all 6 films

3. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    OK... the one in the post above yours, right?

4. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    The official one is much better.

Evil.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  5. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Yup, the one Lugija posted is the official one

EHT likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

I...just listened to this song for the first time...no, I'm not crying right now, why do you ask? :_|

Seriously, I think that the price of the ticket would be worth it just to hear this song.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That was........ The feels............. Wow.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

What got me was that when he said "The Last Goodbye" the second-to-last time, it appeared the clips they were playing were of the cast saying goodbye to each other. And then when the song ended, Frodo closed the book. It was about as symbolic a statement of "this saga is almost over...for good" as you could get. "The feels" indeed. I've watched this thing three times today and it still gets me. :_|

Force Smuggler likes this.
  9. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    I wish PJ could continue to make Middle Earth movies with a whole new cast(different characters, of course).

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Samwise still has room for a story. According to Frodo in the book but the timeline messes with that doesn't it?

11. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    The Trilogy was great(I would call flawless if there was no undead army), the Hobbit, I predicted the problem when they expanded it to three and created original character Tauriel, but it was still good to see Middle Earth again.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    The LOTR is one of the greatest Trilogies ever made, no doubt about it.

Nothing wrong about creating a character especially they needed more female characters in the movie

They did that with LOTR, Lurtz is a movie character, he was never in the book

TX-20 and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    There were a bunch more to use if you need female elves.

14. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Christopher Tolkien won't let him.

15. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    And thank Illuvatar for that.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

Well to be perfectly fair, a lot of the other stuff, The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales, etc is really more the domain of the hardcore Tolkien geek and may not be easily adaptable or all that accessible to the average movie goer.

17. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I can see it now...

"The Silmarillion was only 384 pages!!!! DURRRR RAGE CASH GRAB!"

18. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Meh, these hardcore book fans simply hate the movies for no reason.

19. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    There are plenty of films that could be made from things like the Silmarillion. I certainly wouldn't trust Jackson to make them, though, after the Hobbit cashgrabs—er, films.
    In a theoretical world, though, there could be some absolutely amazing Silmarillion films (or a television series, if they had the budget) next to (some combination of two of) "An Unexpected Journey," "The Road Goes Ever On," and "There and Back Again" on my shelves. "Children of Hurín," "The Lay of Lethian," "The Music of Creation" "The Fall of Gondolin," "The War of Wrath," etc.
    That is not the world we live in, however.

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004

I think Christopher Tolkien's dislike of the mpvies comes from two places. The first is as the literary executor of JRR Tolkien's body of work, and therefore his legacy. The second is because Christopher Tolkien is the unsung second author of Lord of the Rings.

21. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    They just think the movie must be totally the same with the books, but it's not how we make movies.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    No it's not. A word for word adaptation of a 1,500 page novel is simply not feasible.

23. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, also novel and movies are different ways to present the story. But many hardcore book fans just don't accept any changes, even reasonable ones.

24. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    first of all, saying that christopher tolkien shares the complaints, or should be lumped into the same category as "hardcore book fans" is pretty silly. he can reserve the right to be as picky as he wants when it's his father's work that's being adapted, or in the case of the hobbit films bastardized.

second, on the topic of the hobbit and "hardcore book fans", i don't think most want a film that is exactly the same as the book. speaking for myself, i would be happy with an adaptation that followed the basic narrative and spirit of the book. obviously pj is going to have his cgi embellishments and some scenes would have to be altered so they played well on screen, but all the love triangles and invented villains and stuff pulled from the appendices to extend the story to an improbable three films are absolutely unnecessary and alter the story so much that it is almost unrecognizable.

for the record, i'm a fan of pj's lotr adaptations.

25. Random Comments

Sep 25, 2012
    Technically, most of that stuff doesn't even come from the appendices, or was at least heavily warped in the making.