Amph The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, The Desolation of Smaug, Battle of the Five Armies

Discussion in 'Community' started by -Courtney-, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    This worries me slightly... [face_worried]
    Obviously, "HFR version only in the USA" is not true, as there are dozens of cinemas in Canada, Australia, NZ and Norway (there's even one in friggin' Estonia!) that have confirmed showing the Hobbit in 48 fps. Now I'm worried and confused. [face_waiting]
  2. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    They had a worldwide post, but it was deleted....hmm...it did have other countries on it, too. I wonder why they got rid of it.
  3. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Is it possible that HFR 3D is merely a brand name that has only been adopted for U.S. markets under the belief that the words "48 frames per second" hang under a cloud of controversy?
    Last edited by Jabbadabbado, Nov 7, 2012
  4. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Well I would imagine that the New Zealand showings would have it in 48fps.

And I bought my tickets! And we're doing the Extended Edition Marathon as well!
  5. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    A second cinema in the UK is on that list, now. At least, on the list linked to above. One in Bristol (although their website doesn't confirm it). I continue to hope that this is just a case of lousy organisation.

This is really annoying.
  6. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    When does the Extended Edition of An Unexpected Journey (AUJ) come out? :-B
  7. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Blu-ray and DVD - Christmas 2013, I expect.
  8. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I was kidding, Dr. Serious.
  9. Darth Guy Chosen One

star 10
  10. Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus

star 7
  11. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    A new TV clip with extended Bag End scenes:

It still says HFR 3D at the end, and there's still no confirmation of cinemas showing it in that format except in Liverpool and Bristol. Aaaargh!
  12. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    Last edited by Mar17swgirl, Nov 7, 2012
    MrZAP likes this.
  13. laurethiel1138 Force Ghost

star 4
    Those eyes! They slay me! [face_blush][face_love]

Cheers,
    Lauré :)
  14. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    We're at the point where I am not watching any more trailers or commercials. I want to be surprised.
  15. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    The female elves (looks like Imladris)... their skirts... it's just hurting my soul. They're too poofy and layered. I miss the simple by elegant lines of the original films. :(

[IMG]
  16. solojones Chosen One

star 9
    Ugh, Arclight today listed its midnight showing and for some reason it's playing everywhere but Hollywood... ??? I'm assuming they'll have screening and just haven't finalized it yet, but c'mon guys. Also the only one of their locations showing it 2D at midnight is La Jolla. Which doesn't help me :p
  17. timmoishere Chosen One

star 6
    Why does it look like Fili and Thorin are wandering around Rohan?
    Darth_Invidious likes this.
  18. Everton Chosen One

star 10
  19. yankee8255 Chosen One

star 6
    Take this discussion to the "Complain About First World Problems" thread -- the nearest IMAX (regardless of offered frame rate) theater for me is 3 hours away in Vienna. Ironically, right across the street from where I used to live and saw ROTS.

:mad:[face_frustrated]

EDIT: Just checked E's link, the theater I was referring to is not the one listed as having HFR. Not that it matters.
    Last edited by yankee8255, Nov 8, 2012
  20. yankee8255 Chosen One

star 6
    Since a picture is worth a thousand words -- the IMAX wasteland I am surrounded by

[IMG]
  21. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    And you know what's rich? That this website confirms ODEON IMAX in Manchester, yet Odeon's own website still has the "HFR cinemas haven't been confirmed yet" note. [face_frustrated]

And @yankee8255, the reason why I'm going to London is because I want to see the Hobbit in 48 fps in 3D, and I know that Prague (the nearest IMAX to me) won't have it in that format. Well, there are other reasons now ( [face_love] ), but this was the original one. And now even that is threatened, since they still haven't confirmed any cinema in London showing it in 48 fps. Hmph.

Oh well, let's have something more pleasant:

On this site you can listen to the excerpts from all the tracks on the Special Edition soundtrack! :D Click on the blue "voir toutes les pistes" to uncover Disk 2, and if you click on "écouter" next to the first track, it should play them all in a row (obviously you can pick and choose, anyway).

Blunt the Knives = :D :D :D
    Misty Mountains = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

And I love hearing all the familiar motifs - Concerning Hobbits, Rivendell's theme, Galadriel's theme, Gollum's theme... [face_love]

The "Song of the Lonely Mountain" (at the end, featuring "the singer of the film", male this time) will take some time to get used to, though. I'm not saying it's bad, but my immediate first reaction was "what the hell?" :p Also the fact that the excerpt began somewhere in the middle didn't help either, it was a bit jarring.

And four new banner posters:

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    Everton likes this.
  22. yankee8255 Chosen One

star 6
    @Mar17swgirl Not sure where in Slovakia you live, but Vienna is't too far from Bratislava, the Donauplex 13 has it in HFR according to the link.
  23. Mar17swgirl Chosen One

star 7
    I'm in Kosice, in the east, and getting to Vienna would be more complicated for me than getting to Prague, paradoxically. But thanks. :)
  24. Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece

star 8
    Last one of those posters is okay. Don't care for the other three.
  25. Bacon164 Force Ghost

star 7
    I really like the party one myself.