main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The Hope of Tomorrow (Han/Leia, NJO, AU) - UPDATED 7/8

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jul 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The Hope of Tomorrow
    Summary: After the death of Chewbacca in Vector Prime, Han Solo, griefstriken, decided to leave his family forever. When he decides that his choice was a mistake, can Leia forgive him, or will it be to late?
    Notes: Leia first believes Han died with Chewbacca, but quickly learns that Han left after his best friend's death, and hasn't returned since. The story then goes forward a long time. This is also based on my old fic, The Darkest Chance, and I hope this will become a better version of that. Luke isn't married to Mara in this either. The war with the Vong never took place.
    Category: NJO, AU.
    Author: Sara Kenobi

Cast of Characters

Leia Organa Solo, Jedi Knight, Chief-of-State
    Han Solo, General
    Jaina Solo, Jedi Knight
    Jacen Solo, Jedi Knight
    Anakin Solo, Jedi Knight
    Gregor Darklighter, Rogue Pilot
    Kaielin Organa, Leia Solo's daughter
    Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master, Head of the Jedi Council
    Calae Quin Skywalker, Luke's wife, Senator of Oshen
    Liliah Skywalker, daughter of Luke and Calae
    Brennan Skywalker, son of Luke and Calae

---

5 years before Present

Space.
    In all her years of space travel, Chief-of-State, Leia Organa Solo, never really gained patience for the time it took to get from place to place. Especially when she was in this present state.

Leia still couldn't believe what those doctors had said during her mission to Geonosis. [You're not sick, my Lady. You're in fact expecting a youngling.]

Another baby she had never honestly dreamed of. All three of her other children were all nearly grown up. Her youngest son was seventeen, and would soon be leaving the nest as his siblings had done. This child would have no one to grow up with and that greatly sadden Leia. It had been so important to her when she had first started having kids to have more than one so they wouldn't feel alone as she had while growing up without her brother on Alderaan.

And this time the baby would have only one parent. At nearly forty years old, she would have to raise a young baby alone.

Leia knew she could pull if off, after all, she'd been a mother three times already. But one other person had been there to see her through it all.

Now, he was gone.

The sob in her chest threatened her and broke free. It had been six weeks since Han had been reported missing with Chewbacca and was thought dead along side him. But she was still not even close to accepting it.

They had been married twenty years, and had known eachother nearly thirty, and that was supposed to be it? Leia refused to believe it was true.

The pain of knowing that Han could never return to her was more painful than she could stand, but this was going to make her face it. A baby was something she could not put aside because of grief over her husband.

A baby was the most real thing in life and she had been given this gift once more.

Slowly, Leia began to smile, as she pictured a small girl with sandy dark hair and deep green eyes. She was holding the girl in her arms and was the most content she had been in years.

Yes, another little girl....

Leia dreamed of what could be for the rest of the flight home.

TBC

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    Another baby for Leia? :eek: Great beginning. I might think of more to say tomorrow but I'm half asleep. Bye!

3. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Wow sara, another fic! :D Your sooo ambitious, I'm jealous, I have three going at the moment, and its almost more then I can handel. :p

Anyway, great start, I loved The Darkest Chance, so if this one is anything like it, better in fact you say, I can hardly wait to see what you do with it! :D

4. Jedi_E_Solo

Jedi_E_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2002
    WoW! Very Interesting! Great Start! Can't wait to see what happens next!

~JES~

5. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I am surprised you are starting another story too. I wish you lots of luck and inspiration, and I'll be here to read whatever you write.

Concerning this story, you do appear to have a time span problem, or else there is something you know that I don't. You specify that Leia is pregnant with her fourth child at nearly the age of 40. Then, you say that Han and Leia have been married 20 years, and that they have known each other nearly 30 years. Did the two of them meet when Leia was about 8? I believe in ANH, Luke and Leia are both just 18 when they meet Han. Is there a different timeline of events for the purpose of your story? If there is, that would clear things up, but if there isn't, you have an age problem.

6. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    whoa!!!! *IN SHOCK FOR A MOMENT*
    Goodness!!!
    Wow.
    Okay so I don't know what to say. Another baby? What are the kids gonna say? Han needs to go back to her if he isn't dead! Deadbeat, pardoning all puns.
    Anyway, I'll keep up with this one.

7. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I'm definately intrigued. I always thought that the NJO was trying to work up to Leia having another kid after Anakin died (ok it was probably wishful thinking on my part) and I'm glad someone finally is doing a piece on it. I'll be looking for more!

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Wow, Solo_Fan, you judge alot based on a first post to an AU. The age that Leia was when she married Han she was twenty years old. I'm writing they married during ESB. The twins were born soon after that. Anakin was born when she was about twenty-two. I've always felt that the EU took way too long to get Han and Leia together after Rotj. Five years was just way too long in my books. So Leia wouldn't have been 8. So don't worry. 8-} ;)

Also this fic is based on the NJO Vector Prime events only, and this is an AU, so, prepare for some very twisted story folks. ;)

Edit: I should have explained the thirty years knowing eachother part. Maybe that's where I confused Solo_Fan. Han and Leia never met first in ANH, but before that when she was a kid on Alderaan. I'm writing that Han's father worked for Bail Organa. I won't explain anymore than that, I don't want to give away anything important early. ;)

9. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    You have way too many stories going. I can't keep up with them all. But I think I'll keep up with this one.

lordmaul13

10. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Leia Organa Solo made her way back to her apartment on Coruscant, and was already regreting that she hadn't went home instead of coming here. Here was where she had lived with Han. Here was where they had raised their family, while Leia faught political battle after battle, while fighting to be a good wife and mother too.

Her father always hated the fact that she had wanted to marry early, and settle into life on Coruscant to help rebuild the fallen Republic. It had only been ten years since the war with the Empire ended. Half of her life here in Imperial City had been dedicated to that effort.

The other half of her married life had been spent on the battle fields while her children spent their lifes in safety on Alderaan in the Royal Palace. Leia's father, Bail Organa, had died at Endor. Upon his death Leia had been offered to rule in his place. Their people had needed strong leadership then. But after marrying Han several months before that, Leia could never picture her husband living life as the consort of Princess Organa Solo. At least life on the battle fields and later Imperial City, Han would be more protected from that kind of attention that she knew he would hate. So would their children.

But the war had forced them away from their children once to often, and Leia knew they had needed a more stable home. So Han had agreed to allow the children to live on Alderaan in the Royal Palace that had once been his wife's home. Leia's aunt Delia Organa had become Queen in her place, and had taken custody of the twins and Anakin proudly so for the rest of the war. Han and Leia had visited as often as they could. After nearly seven years of living apart from the twins and Anakin, they had taken the children home to Imperial City to live with them once things had settled.

They had been so happy together. The children had been thrilled to have everyone all together again. It was like a dream in knowing it had all fallen apart so fast.

Upon learning that Han had vanished with Chewbacca, Leia had been totally griefstriken. Jaina had moved back to Alderaan and was now seeing a young pilot named Jagged Fel that she had met recently.

Jacen had moved to Yavin 4 to see about becoming a teacher at Luke's temple to new Jedi Knights, as Luke spent most of his time here with his wife and kids, because his wife was a Senator and himself was a Head Council member for the Jedi Council.

Anakin, her youngest boy, had stayed here in effort to take care of his mother who he felt shouldn't be alone.

Now he could help change the baby's naps.

"Anakin, you home?"

TBC :)

I hope that help explains things better in where I'm taking this story. ;)

11. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Awwwwwww Ani!!!! He stayed!!!!!!!! Oh, he's so sweet! How old is he? (i'm in love with him, can't you tell? ;) )
    I actually like this a lot. Can't wait for more!

12. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    Sara_Kenobi: Thank you for the clarification on the timeframe of this story. That definitely cleared things up for me. It was indeed the 30 years that originally threw me off. As I now know this is an AU, I shouldn't have too many more questions. Nice to see that Anakin will be home to watch over his mother. Very sweet!

13. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Good Start-Looking forward to more

14. lordmaul13

lordmaul13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 18, 2000
    That Anakin, he's just a great guy. He's also in for a surprise when he finds out he'll have a younger sibling.

lordmaul13

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice start! It's very interesting to see Leia expecting another child. Can't wait for more! ;)

16. Solo_Fan

Feb 3, 2003
    Do we get more? And, where can I find "The Darkest Chance"? I do hope you continue with this story. It has a very good start. UP!!!

17. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Keep posting!!

18. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    I have no idea when I can update next so I'll lock this for now. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.