main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Texans

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthButt, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Here's a thread to discuss the going ons of the Texans. We can discuss any and all things regarding the Houston Texans.

I'd like to open up with a couple of topics for current discussion (feel free to discuss whatever you'd like):

1) How do you think Gary Kubiak is doing with the Texans

2) Do you think it was a mistake to pass up Reggie Bush in the draft? Or was it a good decision to go with Mario Williams?

3) What is your opinion of how the season is going so far?

2. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    The Texans....

It's a bit hard to watch the Texans!

I'm not very pleased with the Mario Williams selection. My brother in Austin gives me so much grief about it. So do the people I work with in other cities.

Having said that it seems obvious that we can't really do worse than last year...and I am still hopeful that Kubiac is going to be a good coach.

Hopefully with a rebuilding year or so we'll be in good shape. If Carr is still able to walk....

3. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    1 It is only 3 games in to the season so Gary is still trying to figure out this team. Give him A year and lets see what happens.

2. Reggie would have given Carr A weapon. We have no running game and it makes David look bad.
    I like Mario but he has not showed us much yet. I blame that on poor coaching. Give him time and he will be around for A long while. Not worth the first pick but notbad if thats what they realy did want.

3. The coaching needs to step it up or Houston fans will tear them apart. Listen to 610am this week. Until we get A win, this city will rip them to shreads.

4. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    That Redskins game was just embarrasing. The Redskins are not that good of a team and I'm wondering why our defense even bothered showing up. They weren't there to play, that's for sure.

5. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    We had no offense or defense in the game. At this point, I think the Astros have A better chance of making the playoffs then the Texans do of winning there next game.

6. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    It was hard to watch.

I'm not a fair weather fan, but I did have to turn this one off.

Miami isn't too great, maybe we'll get lucky.

7. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I think we may have a chance against Miami. As embarrasing as last weeks game was, if we loose this week, we'll hit an all time low that I don't think even we are capable of.

8. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    I hope we take this one. I have a lunch riding on this one. Surely we can beat the hapless Dolphins!

9. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I admit I was watching the Astros lose so to see that the Texans won made me feel A little better.

10. Phuong_Solo

Phuong_Solo Jedi Master star 2

Jun 26, 2003
    Yeah, I think I pretty much agree with everyone that we have to unfortunately wait and see what Kubiak can do. I definitely think that passing up on Reggie Bush was a huge mistake. I understand that we needed to work on our defense but our offense seems not to exist either. Even if we did have a decent defense, which I didn't see with the game with the Redskins; you don't win games if you can't score any points. Both the offense and the defense needed some serious help, but it's easier in my opinion to rebuild an offense around a key player than it would be with a defense. I really think that Carr is good quarterback.

11. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    I like Carr.

He's aging quick, though, with all the pounding he is still getting.

I think he still has the right attitude, though, I don't think I would at this point if I was him.

12. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Kubiak is the man who can get the most out of Carr. He just needs better protection from everyone. The sacks have to stop.

I hope Mario can build on the game he had. The bye week might hurt him. I say do not give the players so much time off over the next 2 weeks. Mario needs all the work he can get.

13. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    They've never had a decent offensive line. That is their biggest problem. That is why they never have been able to have a decent running game, and it's also why Carr gets sacked so much. It really has little to do with the talent of the any of the backs or ends. I would have taken fixing the offensive line over Reggie Bush or Mario Williams any day. They still haven't addressed that issue and they will not do any good at all until they do.

14. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    DarthButt, you are right on it. After the first year and Carrs sacks, you would think they would try and fix the line. Several years later and still its sack me I have no protection. When will we learn from our past?

15. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    A lot of people I talk to seem to agree with that at well. It's a wonder why they've never gotten agressive about fixing that if it seems to be common knowledge.

Well, up this week is Dallas. I doubt we'll be able to beat them, but it doesn't matter much to me because I'm probably a bigger Cowboys fan than a Texans fan (although I'm not pleased at all about them signing T.O.). Yes I know, kick me if you must. :p

16. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    If Bledsoe is playing, I think we might have a chance! [face_laugh]

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I hope it is A close game but the Cowboys should take us to the cleaners.

18. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    We want A running game. The first half was good but Dallas decided to show up for the second half. I am almost ready to throw in the towel for this season.

19. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    I try not to post negative things, so what I have to say is

20. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    Where was Mario?

21. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Terrell Owens is never going to ask who the Texans are anymore. He needed the Texans to make himself look good.
    Are there any free agent running backs for next year that we can start thinking about or any good ones who might enter the draft? We need to start planning for next year. At this point winning 3 games is A long shot.Can we blow another draft?

22. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    I don't think running back is the problem. We could use some help on the offensive line, but the biggest problem is defense. I wouldn't consider the draft a complete waste, but Mario needs to step up and get the job done. We really need help in the defensive backfield. If we could get some pressure on the QB, then maybe the defensive backfield would have a better chance, so it's really hard to say where the actual problem is. We can work with the current offense, but we are bleeding profusely on the defense.

23. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Do we need A new defence coach? Mario looks lost and is getting covered way to easy. There is talent to work with but it is not happening.
    We do need at least A adverage running back. When Carr out rushes everyone, it is not good.

24. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Ha. That's because he's running for his life! :p

The better offensive line will fix most all of that.

25. JediSearch

Jun 23, 2006
    Exactly! We have two defensive players coming off the injured list next week and I hope they can have an impact (CB Faggins and LB Wong).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.