main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Texans

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthButt, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Man, that's just a shame we didn't pull out that win against the Bills. We should have. We had it in hand, but our defense didn't pull through on those last two drives. Ughh!

Hey are we still planning on getting together at a sports bar for a game one of these weekends? :)

2. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I am still up for it but December is a little harder but I can work it out. Computer was sick the last 2 weeks but doing better. Hard loss but a better game then I thought it would be. We are getting better but it takes time. Next year we will win games like this.

3. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Did we forget we had a game today or what. I am becoming a Dallas fan not by choice but becouse they show up and play solid football. Even the Astros are making better moves this off season then the Texans during the regular season.

4. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Heh. Not sure if it was worth talking about. :p

5. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    yeah, I mean, what a horrible game.

I've been reading the Astros stuff more than the Texans stuff recently.

6. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Even the Rockets win games they almost choke away. Year one for Gary looks like a lost season. Does Carr still lead the team in rushing?

7. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I just look at this season as a season of confusion. They have somewhat of a past style design together regarding their offense. They are trying to get some strengths together and they ARE progressing, believe it or not.

However, they are not showing up once again on the field. And I am talking about the defense!! Watching the Green Bay game tonight, it really reminded me of the Houston defense. When it comes down to the game, the defense decides to fall apart! It's almost a concious decision!? :oops:

8. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Rebilding hurts. I do see some improvment but it is slow and painful. This team needs someone who wants to win go off on everybody and say lets get it together. Until someone gets fired up for a game and takes charge, we will lose and be the team everybody wants to wip up on.

9. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    This was one ugly win and Carr is happy with it. That says a lot about him. I feel sorry for anyone who paid to see that game. Unless there was a good special on beer, I would have walked out early.

10. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I didn't catch it. We were watching the Dallas/Giants game. It was that bad, huh?

11. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Carr is getting lots of scrutiny now.

He's got four games, I think, to demonstrate that he can adapt to Kubiac's program.

That was a tough game to watch.

12. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I head we had -5 total passing yards. :oops:

13. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    The coach is happy with it . He stood by David and defended him on his radio show.
    What do we do if there is no improvment?
    Houston, we have a major problum.

14. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Quite a game! I enjoyed the last minute of regulation where we just kneeled down the ball.

I'm sure Vince is feeling pretty good right now, seeing as how he wanted to play for the Texans so bad.

There will be quite a feeding frenzy, I think, this next week in the papers and such.

15. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I hate to be a pessimist - not my style, but I knew they were going to loose it when at 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I said to myself "here is where they loose the game"... and sure enough. I'm just so dissapointed at how they can maintain a lead and a decent playing strategy thoughout so much of the game and loose momentum within the last 5 minutes. It's happened too many times this season. I'm so desperate for some confidence in this team.

16. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    How many times will we have to watch Vince on the highlight reel before we get sick of it? I am desperate for a mircle and it is not on 34th street for this team.

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I feel sorry for David Carr. This city wants his head on a platter and he doesent deserve the hate he will be getting. The whole staff and team needs to be looked at. Good luck where ever you may end up David. It is not all his fault but he will take most of the blame for this.

18. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    If Carr gets traded it might be good for everyone. I think he can be a good quarterback, but there just seems to be too much baggage for him here in Houston.

He's likely to do well for someone else with a fresh start.

19. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Yeah. It's just a shame really. I like David Carr.

Apparently Plummer's going to be looking for a starting position for next year, and Kubiac has experience with him.... [face_thinking]

20. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    What will the market be for Carr? Who wants a quarterback who has not done much to impress anyone. You need more then that on this team. I hope the draft is good.

21. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Interesting... I was watching 13 "sports whatever" after the 6 PM news tonight and they made a big deal about the offensive line and made a point that I've been making for a while about Carr's credibility. They stated what I've been saying all along about the O-line, and how it's never been adressed. Looks like they are going to look at the O-line seriously this off season (THANK YOU GOD!!!!). But they still addressed the fan's discust with Carr (which in my opinion is lack of knowledge of the situation), and brought up the Plummer idea....

I'd still like to give Carr a great offensive line - and one more shot.

22. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    On this great Christmas day, I watched Dallas lose and I almost thought I was watching the Texans. But wait a minute. We won on Sunday. I picked the wrong game to watch. I will stand behind what ever direction we go with this team. After all who can root for a team with a hole in there roof. I never understood that one.
    Merry Christmas to all from the StormMoose.

23. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    I think the new stadium Dallas is building will also have a hole in the roof, just like Texas Stadium. I'm not sure if they can close it or whatnot.

I only watched the second half of the Houston game. It was pretty satisfying.

It's been a hard year for Texans fans. I'm not a fair weather fan, but with the picks fiasco and the poor showing (which suddenly isn't near as poor as last year) I think we all felt a little let down.

I think I'll tune into next weeks game and just root for the home team, no matter how it goes.

24. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Dallas is out and that ends football season in Texas. Go Seattle. I never did like the Cowboys.

25. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Yall are probably going to hate me for this, but I'm a huge Colts fan, and I'm really glad to see them in the Superbowl finally!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.