main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Texans

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by DarthButt, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    I was really pulling for NO since I lived in Lousiana for 7 years. They were really my last team in the playoffs.

The Bears are really an unknown team to me, I haven't watched them at all until last week.

I guess I am also pulling for the Colts, although a win may inflate Manning's ego a bit too much to suffer. Although it is nice to watch him work, he's quite a talent.

2. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Good job by the Colts.
    So what direction do we go in the draft? Any ideas?

3. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Hey Storm

I just reread this thread.

What a tough year it was for us. It was pretty miserable. And yet, we doubled our wins. So go figure. It just wasn't much fun. I think for me the hardest part was watching Bush and Young all year.

Hopefully we can move past that this year. That may be hard with us playing Vince twice a year.

I also think it's funny that this thread, which is totally non Star Wars, was pretty much the most active thread for months! We do need Jedisearch back though to help out with some of that.

Anyone an Astros fan?

4. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    I like the Astros and can not wait for Yao to get back and see how the Rockets do in the playoffs.
    Who says Star Wars fans cannot be sports fans. We have keep this site alive and if thats what it takes, lets keep it going. Just no golf. I could care less about Tiger and any of it.
    I still want my Y Wing.

5. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    Yeah, we've got an Astro's thread here, so that will be picking up pretty soon.

Also, feel free to post a thread about anything you want regarding Star Wars. I mod CT, so you know, I kinda like SW, and can talk about it endlessly. ;) :p

6. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Carolina says David will have a line to protect him. To bad we never did it here for him. I wish him the best.

7. WookieChuckles

WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2004
    Good luck to David. I hope Carolina realizes that they will have to treat Carr's PTSD as part of readying him for the season. A good offensive line will have to be supplemented by a great sports psychologist to keep David from crying and running away every time a defensive end comes around the corner.

8. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    So we did not have a good insurance plan for him? I just wish we could have gotten him one more sack to get to 250. Even numbers look so good in the record books.

9. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    So... uhhh... what happened here during the draft? I'm not impressed. You? ESPN graded us pretty poorly on our performance as well. *sigh*

What do you guys think about Matt Schaub?

10. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    OK, It is preseason so it does not mean much but I like the way this team looks. The defence needs to step it up but the offence is looking good. This time around change is looking good. Mario, Step it up.

11. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Mario , Welcome to the team. This team will not be a walk in the park like in the past Nice solid game.

12. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I'm kinda skeptical, but we really looked good last week. The skeptical part of me says KC really sucked. But, if I recall correctly, we only had one sack, so that means the OL stepped up (which is what I've been complaining about all along), and Schaub seems to have a cool head. I raelly like Ahmad Green as our RB. Yeah, he's been around a while, but I still think he's got some life in him, and it seems so.

I think we might do fairly decent this season! :)

13. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    I was hoping for 1 win and here we sit with 2 already. For me this 2007 has already been a massive success!

Losing to the ATL is a kick to the gut but I think our Texans will be a home team that causes problems....on the road, well we still have lots of work to do.

VAMOS CLUTCH CITY!

14. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    We have a quarterback who gives his all he has and it shows. Get some people healthy and we can be in every game.

15. StarStateSounds

StarStateSounds Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    This past weekends game against the Titans was crazy. We didn't play whatsoever until the 4th quarter. Everyone had left by the time we tried to make a comeback. We missed at least two big calls that were bad.

16. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I tell you what though.. Rosenfels was pretty impressive in said 4th quarter!

17. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    Yes he was and at least he can throw deep.Still need a running game of sort.

18. StarStateSounds

StarStateSounds Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    He had a 57 yard catch that was called back, then a 4 yard run, and then a 47 or so yard completion. That was a nice set of downs.

19. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    [image=http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/ap/b638003f-33d2-42ae-b1f4-56eb9552fbe6.widec.jpg]

Bwuahahaha. I hate the Texans.

It would be nice to be able to root for your city's team. C'est la vie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.