Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Welcome, all! This thread is for greeting new people to our boards and to the Houston FanForce. First, I will introduce myself. I am Darth-Stryphe, the Houston FF's City Rep (edit: the current City Rep is _erikstormtrooper_). Please keep an eye out for the different announcements to where we will meet. Our meetings are very informal, just friendly get-togethers.

Anyway, stay, post, and please come meet us all at our next get-together!
  2. merlin Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome Newbies! Don't be scared to post. If you have any questions, feel free to PM any of us.
  3. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey all-

I moved back to H-town on the 2nd and am just now back online. I look forward to meeting the local FF crew.

I'm not working right now but will start looking in mid-May, if anyone needs a projectionist or AV tech. In the meanwhile, I am free for lunch, coffee, or beers if anyone's interested. I live in North Houston but spend a lot of time in the River Oaks/Montrose areas, specifically at Grif's bar, the LZ pub, and a few others. I plan to hit the Third Planet store sometime this week.

PM me if anyone wants to get together. It's good to be back in Houston!!!
  4. Sage_Halcyon Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Just wanted to say 'Hi'. I was in Houston on buisness earlier this month and will be going back for about four or five days starting May 1st. Wish I could have come out when you guys were having a meeting/get-together.

Anyway, I just wanted to drop by your board as one FanForce member to another to let you know some random CR will be terrorizing your city.

:)

Sage H.
  5. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I just joined and wanted to say Hey ...

I'm in Houston and thought this was a cool idea of a local star wars club.

6. OnlyOneCanKnowMe Jedi Youngling

Well seeing as how I'm going to be joining some of you for the Midnight showing at the First Colony in a couple of weeks, I thought I'd come out of lurkdom and introduce myself. Glad to see you all are here and I'm looking forward to getting to meet you!
  7. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling

star 2
    I will be at the Edward's theatre off of I-10.
  8. Queenie Amidala Jedi Master

star 5
    Hello, new people! New people are great! We love new people! :D

I will be in Florida for the ROTS release, so I won't get to meet anyone then, but I'm looking forward to seeing new faces in the future!
  9. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Welcome, everyone!

Hi, Sage_Halcyon. What part of town are you working in?
  10. paradave Jedi Youngling

New to the board, just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself. I am 37, and have been a starwars "FREAK" since ANH in 77. I grew up with starwars, and I look forward to discussing it with you all. I have also lived in the houston area all my life, I live in NE houston now, actually in the Humble area.

Hope to chat with you all soon,

Dave
  11. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey all-

I just started working at Cactus records; be sure and say "hi" to me if you're in there. I'm easy to spot at 6'1" and bright blue hair... ;)

Cheers,

Ian
    TI1420

12. StormMoose Jedi Youngling

star 2
    The next time I go to Issues, I will stop in and say hi. Are you going to the midnight show anywhere?
    Meet you soon.
    Dave
  13. Z_of_Sith Jedi Youngling

Hey All, first time posting around here. Just wanted to drop by and say hi.
  14. MarshmallowJedi Jedi Youngling

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi. I'm really glad that there's a Houston group!
  15. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Hello to our new members, and Happy Last Day of Star Wars to all! :)
  16. Dost-Begros Jedi Youngling

The last day of Star Wars.....

Such a horrid thought....

The circle will now be complete starting tonight at 12:01am.

It seems so strange that something that has impacted my life and intergrated itself into society can really be over..

I know that Lucas has plans still for some other Star Wars ideas (Clone Wars, Live Action, etc), but the story that he wanted us all to know will finally be told.

*sniff*

The great thing is that Lucas has inspired many to keep the stories alive both in stories, fanfic, and fanfilms.

It will be great to see how it all ends and to bridge the gap between III and IV.

Hope to see some of the SCTF tonight at AMC Willobrook (email me at dost.begros@gmail.com if you are interested in meeting up for the show).

-=Dost Begros=-
  17. aelie Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Hah. I didn't see this thread.

I'm not new per se...I'm in the Austin Fanforce, but I live in Houston for this summer and next summer - so therefore, I'm gonna try and meet up with y'all.

Hi Stryphe. :p
  18. Sliders Jedi Youngling

where do you meet, what do you do, and how do I join?
  19. WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Greetings all, I'm just writing to announce my presence to the boards in general and to the organized Houston fan community in particular. I'm a 25 yr old college student (history major) who has been emotionally invested in and intellectually stimulated by, the Star Wars universe for my entire life. Unfortunately for the past six years or so I felt alienated from the universe by the mangling of the OT in each successive form they appeared in, and frankly by the first two prequels as well. Throughout this period I still ravenously consumed EU literature and struggled to maintain my allegiance to Star Wars, which grew more and more strained with every Jar-Jar, Anakin crying tantrum, and R2 with jet boosters moment that seared my brain.

With the release of Revenge of the Sith though I feel completly reinvigorated as a fan. The film absolutely met and exceeded my expectations and somehow even further enhanced my long-standing obsession/fascination with Darth Vader. The story of Anakin Skywalker's rise, fall, and redemption is worthy of great literature, and this film remarkably enhances that story.

So here I am, I recently renewed my standing with the official SW Fan Club, and I felt like it was time to reach out to the organized fan community in my home town. So...howdy! I look foward to keeping up with through the board and would even like to make it to a meeting or other social events soon. Thank you for the time and the forum.
  20. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Welcome back into the fold, friend!

Since you're in college and likely in mid-town, come by and visit me at Cactus Records when you can (invitation extended to all Houston FF members).

I agree that ROTS has renewed my love for SW and the fan community. you are in good company here as all the Houston folks I have encountered have been very welcoming and positive.

21. KamSelusar Jedi Youngling

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and wanted to introduce m'self. I'm thirty five and I've loved Star Wars since I saw it in 77'. I've followed it in one form or another (sequels, books, games etc) ever since.

I've been something of a closet fan for most of that time but recently, I've decided to, as a friend of mine puts it, embrace my inner nerd and give in to the dark side of fandom. I have to tell you; so far, I'm loving it.

I was very glad to find that there was an active club here in Houston and I hope to have a chance to meet more fans soon.

If you want to know anything else about me, just ask and I'll let ya' know.

-Chauncey

22. WookieChuckles Jedi Youngling

Just posting to reply to TI-1420's kind words and invite.
    I really appreciate the enthusiastic response in this forum to new members, nice to be welcomed. And I'll probably drop by Cactus sometime soon, as it is one of the primary places I rent movies and seeing as I work literally right around the corner at a coffee shop.
    Glad to see other people also coming out into the open and "embracing their inner nerd", hell, there are a lot worse things to be in life. So Welcome to my fellow new member as well. Looks like we're certainly among friends.
  23. TI1420 Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Hey there Wookie Chuckles

You can find me at Cactus on Monday, Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday from 9 to 5. Come visit soon as I may be getting a "real" job soon (fingers crossed) and have to cut back to Saturdays only.

My name is Ian, just ask for me if you head by there.

Cheers,

Ian W.
    TK-1420

24. Kailye Jedi Youngling

Hi all! I'm relatively new to Houston an just found this site. Anything new going on? I just read about the fan film in Beaumont. I'd love to see it!
  25. Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep

star 6
    Welcome, all!

Unfortunately for the past six years or so I felt alienated from the universe by the mangling of the OT in each successive form they appeared in

Man, you said it, Wookie. But I'm glad you enjoyed ROTS. It was good, wasn't it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.