Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leia73 Jedi Padawan

Hello, my name is Jennifer and i just wanted to introduce myself.
    I have loved SW since i was 5yrs old when i saw ANH in 77. I have lurked
    on a few different forums off/on for a while, but just recently joined TFN and found
    the Houston fanclub. Anyway, sounds like a nice group of people here, what all do you guys do at the monthly get togehters?? Hope to come to the next one myself.

Jennifer

2. Venturi Jedi Padawan

Howdy to all--I'd love to find out more about the group, if y'all are cool with an old lady like me coming around ;) I'm not new to SW but new to the fandom; nice to see there's a local group!
  3. darkestknight Jedi Knight

star 2
    just wanted to say hi to all and see what this is all about
  4. saber-fan Jedi Padawan

hi

i am new to this fan site. i like collecting fx lightsabers and it would be cool to duel with some local fans.
  5. Yodas-evil-twin Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hello there my fellow Houstonians. My favorite Star Wars movie is ROTS.
  6. saber-fan Jedi Padawan

rots was a very good movie, but esb is still my favorite!
  7. shortimer52 Jedi Padawan

Well looks like this is where all the FNG's say hi, so hi. Im a SW geek much like the most of yall. Im a member with the 501st so im a hard corps geek. Kind of glad I found this place need some local input at times. ANy ways nice to be here.
  8. saber-fan Jedi Padawan

hey, shortimer,

as a member of the 501st do you have a stormtrooper costume?
  9. shortimer52 Jedi Padawan

Not just yet, thats my next one. Right now I have a Boba and working on a E3 clone. The clone is turning out a lot harder then I thought.
  10. batbunny Jedi Padawan

Hello. Just getting my feet wet around here.

Question- do you guys have meetings, charity projects or other things that aren't on Saturdays? I work on Saturdays but I'd like to make it to some meetings.

11. darthdan70 Jedi Knight

hello all I have just joined and I saw the houston fanforce board, since im living here now i thought I would make a few friends
  12. TI1420 Jedi Knight

star 2
    batbunny, I dunno about FanForce charity events, but the 501st does attend such events from time to time. The next one is coming up soon; an appearance at Mall of the Mainland's safety day.

If you're interested in joining the 501st, go by the Star Garrison forums: www.stargarrison.com/forums

13. Elana Force Ghost

star 2
    Hi everyone. I'm 36 and I've been a Star Wars fan since I saw ESB in the theater back in 1980. I've gotten into the fandom since ROTS, when a rabid plot bunny bit me and I've been working on my fanfiction story ever since. I just finished it (link in my sig.) It's an account of the events of the OT from Anakin/Darth Vader's point of view. I've been active on the fanfiction boards here for a few months. I just thought to look for a Houston board, and I'm glad to see there is one! Anyone else here write fanfic?
  14. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
    I just finally got around to looking in the FF forums and I thought I'd say hi. I'm 29 and was born and raised here in Houston. So...hi all :)
  15. Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Master

star 4
    "WOW!, it does feel good to be back..."

Hello everybody...
  16. uwishuwereme Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey guys I live in baytown but it's cool to know there's a Star Wars group in the general area.[face_peace]
  17. grapecheerio Jedi Padawan

hey, my name is jamie and would love feedback on recent events & etc.
    have a friend who is interested in the local meetings too.
  18. KamSelusar Jedi Padawan

Hey all, it's been a while but I'm back and looking to get more active again. I had just discovered the existence of the Fan Force group here a year ago when I was pulled away on business so I never got the chance to do more than get my feet wet.

For those that don't remember (or don't know) I'll sum m'self up; I'm 35, been a fan since Star Wars hit the theatres back in the seventies (forgive me, but I have to resist calling it "A New Hope" just on general principle.. darn it Han shot first George!) and I'm a fan still. I love the expanded universe as well as the movies and just got my brand spanking new trooper armor kit. Whoo hoo! I just bought a new house though so it's going to be a while before I can get it put together.

Speaking of which; are there any members of the Fightin' 501st that might be willing to lend their experienced assistance in the assembly process?

-C

19. Danpa_Wamem Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't been on the ff in awhile but I thought I'd check in and say howdy!!!!
  20. Master-Omaj-Kadub Jedi Master

star 4
    Between being in the field and being online I like to stop by and say hello. I hope you guys continue the work around here.
  21. defcoyfx Jedi Padawan

Hello everyone. I just joined this group and wanted to introduce myself. It's great to be here and I hope to meet other SW fans in the Houston area, especially other costumers.
  22. _erikstormtrooper_ FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 2
    Hey,

I'm a long-time Star Wars fan (I run erikstormtrooper.com) who's just moved to Houston from New Orleans.

Since I really don't know anyone here in Houston, I thought the SCTF would be a good way to meet some new people.

Are there still regular meetings on the second saturday of each month?

Later,
    Erik
  23. anakinobiwan Jedi Master

star 4
    I joined this group awhile back but didn't realize everyone posted on the JC board. Would love to meet everyone at a meeting. Anyone going to C4?
  24. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    I would love to go to C4, but I don't think I can pull it off. I have two trips to Florida next year.

We need to get some stuff to do so that we can all meet each other.
  25. DarthElizur Jedi Master

star 1
    ApolloCon is coming up at the end of June. I've never been to a Houston convention, so I have no idea how they do here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.