main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    I like it. Good food and good beer. I can work with this.

2. JediSearch

JediSearch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2006
    I'm still new here...

I have actually been to Stag's Head though. It's not far from where I work.

3. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I figured I would post something, to make this my 100th post =D=

Now that I've got that out of my system ... Hi :D

I was wondering how many of the Houston FF are going to make it to CIV?

4. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I'd like to go. Too damned expensive for me though. Several mods are going, and ronderoo convinced me to go, but she's saying I'll need about $2,000.00 for the trip. That's a bit too pricey for a week's vacation for me.

5. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I'm going with my brother-in-law and we are slipting the costs on the hotel. I'm planning on not spending that much money there [face_praying] unless I get SWshop happy with the exclusive stuff, etc.:D ... but I doubt I will.

The hotel we got is about $260 (I can't remember off the top of my head right now but it's around that figure), $110 (4 day pass) and the plane (I'm not too sure on that yet as I have not booked it) I'm guessing around $300 to $375 round trip (Southwest).

6. miss-skywalker

miss-skywalker Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2006
    Hey everyone! I'm new here. I'm hoping to go to Celebration IV. I've saved up enough airline points that the flight there and back won't cost as much, so I can spend more money at the SW shop :D

7. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Welcome miss-skywalker :) Sounds like a good plan. I need about 8,000 more miles between now and then for a ticket. :(

8. DarthElizur

DarthElizur Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2006
    Welcome Miss Skywalker

As you can see at the moment the boards are a little slow. Hopefully someday things will pick up again.

In any event, nice to have you.

9. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Geez I'm getting sick of seeing my name at the end of this thread. Since November! Someone please join and post!

10. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Post.

Anything to help :D

I've been reading through some of the other FF threads and they've got monthly meetings and stuff, and they go bowling and what not. Might be something we can get together once a month to do. I'd show up if it was all organized. I don't mind helping, but my schedule doesn't really permit me to run a chapter. Modding is enough for me to handle.

11. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Perhaps a 'first Friday' sort of thing, where there is an activity the first friday of each month. Or, pick your day: second Saturday, third Thursday, last Sunday; it's all the same to me.

I must say that a Thursday or Friday afternoon happy hour or evening thing would be best for me.

I moved here nearly 2 years ago, and have only met a handful of you. It would be nice to have a get-together.

12. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I like TI's thinking...I'm down for a meeting of the minds, knocking down a few cold ones. I'm not much of a conversationalist, but hanging out sounds good to me. Count me in!

13. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    That all sounds great. It would be good if someone wouldn't mind stepping up and being a chapter rep to kinda organize things a little and crack the whip. Then we can start a thread on our monthly meetings and discuss where we want to go, what we want to do, what day to do it, etc. I think that if that was done we would have a lot better turn out and if the Houstonians araound here see we've got something jumping, they might want to join in and be more active in here. :)

14. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    With this summer movie line up I think it would be fun to get together has my wife will not go to half the movies I want to see.I think the Transformers will be bad but I have to see it anyway and would like do drink a cold one after it. I do not like to drink alone and think this would be fun. I can work my schedule for Friday nights but Saturdays, it would need to be in the evening.

15. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    How about a get together this Friday afternoon/evening at Stag's Head? My wife and I often go there for a pint Fridays after work.

16. StormMoose

Feb 12, 2005
    About what time? I am always good for a pint of good beer.

17. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Where is that?

Tell you what, I'll start a meeting thread, and we'll discuss there.

18. Sinnion

Sinnion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    Hey fellow Houstonians! I'm a little frequent in the film forum but have never drifted real far from it until Darth Butt showed me here! So hey guys!

19. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Hey Sinnion

Welcome aboard! :D

20. Sinnion

Sinnion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    Thanks Butt. [:D]

21. DarthElizur

May 22, 2006
    Hey Sinnion

Welcome to the Houston boards!

22. Omega-Prime

Omega-Prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2001
    iT iS gOOd tO sEE tHaT tHeRe aRe pEOplE stILL arOuND heRe thEsE daYs. hELLo aLL.

23. Jedi_Ryn_Luna

Jedi_Ryn_Luna Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    Hi everyone! I used to lurk here months ago and haven't logged on in awhile. Now I'm on again from the buzz of the convention.

24. miss-skywalker

miss-skywalker Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2006
    I haven't been here in a while either, but I'm back now!

25. Slowmo

Slowmo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2002
    holy moley, I completely forgot about these boards! I've miss everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.