main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    'sup Doug! Where you been? I haven't seen much of you over at the Star Garrison forums lately either. How's it going?

2. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2007
    OMG!! Wow I had no idea there even was a Houston chapter for anything related to Star Wars!!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME DANPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLZ! this is great! I hope to meet some of you soon!

3. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    LOL ... I figured everone knew about the Houston board ... ha ha

4. JediMaraJadeSkyMaul

JediMaraJadeSkyMaul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 17, 2007
    Well I didn't!! Thakns alot, Mate! (JK!) I still love ya neway!!

MJ~B

5. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    Greetings to all,

I just signed on and am very pumped up to know that Houston has a local FF chapter. I should have been on these boards for some time now but ever since 9/11 my life has been a journey of sorts.

I trust all is well for us SW die hards. I look forward to meeting y'all very soon! I am a native Texan and I have grown up here in Houston all my life. I have a very special place in my soul for SW and it's enduring themes that have touched our global community going on 30 years now.
    I would like to get to meet some of you this month. For our city's size we should have at least a platoon of aficionados to meet with. Hang loose amigos.

Luke turned off his targeting computer for a reason....it's no different for our galaxy. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!

6. markb50k

markb50k Jedi Master star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    Hi folks,

I've been lurking on this board for a couple of months and figured I would at least say 'Hi' to all of yall. I'm gonna try to make it out to one of the monthly get-togethers as it would be cool to commiserate with fellow Star Wars fans.

Mark

7. Tanamel_Ka

Tanamel_Ka Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2007
    Hello all. I'm new to the boards. It's nice to see that there are so many people in my area that enjoy star wars as much as I do. I'm currently 21 so I am obviously not of the original '77 fandom. I like to costume, and am currently working on a Dathomirian/Nightsister outfit. I'm looking foward to finishing it.
    I dunno... What do you people want to know about me?

8. starwarsgeek74

starwarsgeek74 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    Welcome aboard Tanamel! We always welcome new members. There is usually a monthly meeting where we get to know each other a little better, talk Star Wars, and have a snack and a drink. Hope to see you there some time!

9. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Howdy Tanamel.

10. HANs_BAR_TAB

HANs_BAR_TAB Jedi Knight

Oct 1, 2007
    Kinda makes you a die hard of SW the twice over! You didn't see it as a youngster back in the day but it still had an effect on you when you did.

Welcome to the boards and a future meeting.

HBT

11. skoedaddy

skoedaddy Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    Greetings all!!

Since this is where the newbies chime in, i just thought i'd make my inro. Howdy, My name is Ross and I've been a dedicated Star Wars fan since i was 4. Now that i'm 34, I can buy as many SW clone trooper action figures i want (as long as my wife lets me)!! I live in Montgomery TX (about 45 mins north of Houston) and work as an In-Flight-Anti-Terrorist-Tactical-Unit (aka Flight Attendant). I have 2 children, a son thats 5 and a 3 yr old daughter, who are being captivated by the magic that is Star Wars.

This makes me so happy knowing that there are peopole who dig SW as much as I do (in some cases a little more). Hope to meet several of you soon.

Take care and may the fore be with ya'll. :)

SkoeDaddy

12. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Welcome, SkoeDaddy!

I live up in Spring and have two sons, 5 and 2.

We are having a meeting next Saturday (the 23rd) at around 6:00 PM at Stag's Head Pub (http://www.stagsheadpub.com/). It would ge great if you could come out to meet us.

13. skoedaddy

skoedaddy Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2008
    That sounds awesome, but i'll be out of town next week-end for a wedding. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the march event. ;)

14. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Hello all. I've been off the forums for....god...since Ep. 3.

But I'm back. Anyone in the League City/ Clear lake area?

15. blslivewire

blslivewire Jedi Master

Mar 22, 2008
    I'm Chris in Dickinson. I attend San Jac South(maybe Centrall in the fall). I registered to find out if anyone had any SW audio book recomendations but I saw this Houston forum and thought I'd say hi.

16. Jedi_Knight_Jonas

Jedi_Knight_Jonas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2003
    Yeah i go to South mon wed and Central tues Thurs

17. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    :cool: Unlocked and ready to go!

18. autocollector223

autocollector223 Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2009
    Hey everyone my name is Tyler, I'm 19 and looking for some Star Wars friends. I'm currently attending North Harris Community College and I collect autographs of pretty much everything, especially Star Wars. I thinking of attending the June meeting.

19. Alchemy

Alchemy Jedi Youngling

Jun 15, 2009
    What's up everybody. Just joined. I'll try and make the meeting on the 20th so I can start meeting people.

20. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Welcome Alchemy and Tyler! Thanks for popping in to say hi.

We'd love to see both of you at our meeting this Saturday, June 20th. If you haven't see the June meeting thread, we're meeting at 6:30 at the Stag's Head (stagsheadpub.com).

21. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    Welcome aboard Alchemy and Tyler!

22. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Welcome to all.

23. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Alchemy & Tyler!

24. ID6796

ID6796 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    Welcome Tyler & Alchemy. Hope to see you both at this Saturday's meeting.

25. Sith-Trooper

Sith-Trooper Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2009
    Hello Everybody. Brian here.

First met some of the 501st and Rebel Legion at the Clone Wars opening at Edwards MarQ last year. Attended my first Fan Force meeting last month and went to ApolloCon and hung out with Chris and Danny.

Looking for a stealth trooper kit so I can join the 501st. If anyone knows of any deals, please let me know.

I'm currently revising my Sith Trooper costume for its 2nd go-around at San Diego Comicon this year. I'll be sure to take alot of pics and bring back some Star Wars swag for y'all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.