1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Hou, TX The Houston Welcome Thread

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Stryphe, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssgstormtrooper

ssgstormtrooper Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2010
    Howdy all from Deer Park. I was pleased to meet some of you at Comicpalooza. Hoping to make it to the May meeting.
  2. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    Ssgstormtrooper, welcome! Hope to see you at the meeting this month.
  3. ssgstormtrooper

ssgstormtrooper Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2010
    Looking forward to it. So far the 29th looks open. Not sure where Stag's Head is, but I'll just plug it into the navi-computer and set a course for hyperspeed. How about times, dress code, etc?
  4. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    Here is the info on Stags Head:
    Stags Head
    2128 Portsmouth Street
    Houston, TX 77098-4057
    (713) 533-1199

It is a bar, so it can get loud- which is why we try to get the Oak Room to meet in. The food is typical bar food: burgers, nachos, pizza, etc. They do have salads and vegetarian-friendly options for those who don't want fried food and/or meat. Stag's has a pretty good selection of beers, and also offer wine and cocktails along with coffee, soda, water, tea, etc.
    We say 6:30, but most arrive around 7pm. Anytime is fine.

No particular dress code is in effect or enforced. Most of us wear Star Wars t-shirts so new folks such as yourself can find us. A fair number of us are in the 501st or Rebel Legion, so look for shirts and patches with those logos. In addition, a couple of us usually bring a lightsaber, stormtrooper helmet, or other Star Wars item to set on the table.

I look forward to meeting you!
  5. EkulSirk_3263827

EkulSirk_3263827 Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2009
    I'll be there waving around a BlasTech E-11 blaster rifle, so we'll be even easier to's fresh out of tibanna gas, so don't worry about any ricocheting laser bolts when you enter the bar.
  6. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    So what is a typical get together with this group like?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.