main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The "How Can I Make This Card Useful?" Thread a.k.a. Little-used Combos

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by The2ndQuest , Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I was thinking this might be an interesting idea for a thread. There are a bunch of cards out there that aren't used quite so much if rarely, why not make a thread for useful combo suggestions to make a particular card useful (or at least fun to use) in a deck?

Now, this may not be the best example, but here's a start anyways- up till now i really haven't had ause for "Blast the Door, Kid!" in my decks, but when i started to design a profit deck i figured out that you could use the Jedi Pack "Han", who is ability=2, along with the R3 "Chewbacca, Enraged" (who is also ability=2), and then during battle where the opponent has a character of ability<3, to drop down "Blast the Door Kid!" to exclude everyone but that character, then throw in a life debt to add two destiny. And, if they have more than one character still in the battle and enough total ability to draw a destiny, you can use Wookiee Guide to reduce their attrition against you by a destiny draw. If it works like I think it will, it will be pretty brutal. Heck, if IAO isn't out, you could Elis Helrot/Nabrun Leids them like this as well. Course, it's best to have a control or two handy in case someone tries to sense one of your cards.

I'll throw another one up in the air- anyone found a good use for Jabba's Space Cruiser?

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Use General Crix Madine to pull Cracken, then use Squadron Assignments with Cracken to pull Tala 1

3. jedioutcastrules

jedioutcastrules Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    Miiyoom onith

This isn't a combo, but it doesn't seem to be used by many people on here. 3 force for a 1/1, can use x force where x = cards in hand to annihilate their male cards in hand.

4. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    Super GS1:

GS1 with Gen. Calrissian.
    Deploy special modifications
    Play 3 a few maneuvers. (optional)
    Iniate battle.
    Play Darklighter spin

Anti droid deck

3 Callers (More or less)

12 restraining bolts (Ditto)

5. Artie-Deco

Artie-Deco Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 23, 2001
    Caldera Righim, Yoda's Gimer Stick (on another character at same site as Caldera) and Order To Engage. Opponent can not battle you unless he has ability less than 8 AND a character of ability 3 or more. If he doesn't battle you, he loses 3 force.

6. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    I had Path Of Least Resistance + Jedi Resilience used against me at my tourny this past weekend. He used it to cancel a battle, pull Luke out of the Lost Pile (I'd hit him with EJP Dengar...w/o the help of the Fish I might add), and then redeploy him somewhere else.

Bah! I was robbed ;)

7. Magnanimous_Jawa

Magnanimous_Jawa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    Any Han + I've got a bad feeling about this + Somersault.

Deploy your han and make sure your opponent has more power than u.. just make sure its less than half.. play ive got a bad feeling about this and choose you as the winner... then b4 drawing destiney play somersault which swapps your two powers... BAM they take 3X more battle damage...

8. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I like to put Echo Base Squadron in my RTP deck.

On the first turn, you can pull 8D8 (he's a maintainance droid, you know) and deploy him to the Y4:DB. Transfer. move, free.

Also, it let's yopu pull a Bacta tank. If Prisoner 2184 is lost, put her on the tank. Take her to hand (free), then deploy her to the DB (free) then move her to the War Room, thus flipping the objective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.