Amph The "Hugo and Nebula" Lounge social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by droideka27, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's what I do when I'm not reading :p Or working or doing something with friends. I'm really a one-trick pony: I know fantasy :p
  2. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Did you just call yourself a horse?
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    No, it's an expression :p
  4. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
  5. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    It means I'm just good at one thing :p
  6. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    :p I know I am just messin with ya.
  7. WhiteWolf Jedi Master

star 2
    So... [face_whistling]

An open question:

What group makes up most of this forum? Science Fiction readers, Fantasy readers, or Comic and graphic novel readers?

Or is it just an even mix of all?

Just curious, because I've lurked and posted here for a while and still can't decide for myself. :confused:
  8. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    With the exception of Piers Anthony's work, and I guess Tolkien and Harry Potter, I am a Sci-Fi reader. I don't do comic books.
  9. MarcusP2 Games and Community Reaper

Manager
    star 6
    I read all 3. Though Civil War and the Malazan books have taken up my reading time for the last few months. Probably more fantasy than sci-fi.
  10. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    It's fantasy for me, but just judging by the threads that are always at the top of the page and the amount of new ones created, I'd say that there are probably more comic readers in here than books.
  11. WhiteWolf Jedi Master

star 2
    That could be true, but just because there are more topics for comics doesn't really mean they get more responses/posts or that the JCers who stop in regularly read more comics than anything else.
  12. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I try like hell to get discussion going about the Sci Fi books and authors I love, but... it's like pulling teeth... ;)
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Strilo's right :p And the number of threads created says a lot about interests, especally when those threads stay near the top longer than a lot of the book ones. There aren't many; just the "What are you reading" thread and the Harry Potter thread (the Fforde thread has stopped counting as a book thread since that's not really what is talk about there :p ).
  14. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yeah go back and look and see how many threads have the last post by me. You people just need to reply to me more and we can keep threads going... :p ;)
  15. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    [face_laugh] That happens to me a lot, too. Maybe we should just keep replying to each other in every thread, and then the book threads will at least always be on the front page :p Think of all the 1+ spam we could do ;)
  16. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Hey I have worked hard to make +1 posts that are actually relevant to threads... so they get upp'd and I jumpstart discussion at the same time. Or not... ;)
  17. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Me too. Sometimes it works, sometimes . . . not so much :(
  18. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    I happened across the Comedy Central Roast of William Shatner last night so I set it up to record on my Replay. I have no idea if it is remotely new or not, but I've never seen it. I cannot wait!
  19. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's awesome!! MY mother would like that; she wanted to marry him when she was younger :p Big Star Trek fan.
  20. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Yeah well oh my GOD was it filthy dirty. The language and subject matter of some of the roasting was VULGAR. And I am a dirty guy with a pervert's sense of humor. Half the jokes were about George Takei being gay.
  21. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Weird. In that case, she might like it it :p Dad would probably crack up, though.
  22. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
    She might like it it?
  23. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    :oops: Meant she might not like it. Children, sitting on the computer all morning rots your brain 8-}
  24. Strilo Manager Emeritus

star 8
  25. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I'm back!! Stuffed with cake and really, really good steak and apparntly with two cousins on the way 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.