main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph The "Hugo and Nebula" Lounge social thread

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by droideka27, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    you're right. It is huge and now that I'm getting back into it (I stopped reading Trek about 10 years ago and only recently got started again) I realize just how much I've missed. I've noticed, however, that a lot of the novels are largely one-shots. So if you really want to get into Star Trek it's relatively easy to do since a lot of the novels don't reference each other, particularly the older numbered ones. These two wikis help when I'm confused:

Memory Alpha
    Memory Beta

On another note, I just finished Lego Star Wars II this evening! :D Now all I have to do is buy the last of the extras. How am I doing that? I got all 99 gold bricks, built the endless stud fountain, and am just having one of my ghost characters stand under it collecting studs :D I'm thinking about keeping my system on all night just to see how many I can collect overnight :p

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] The kids I babysit were so excited when that came out. They absolutely love the first one, though I get horribly confused when I try to play :p

3. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    The game confuses you? :p Both of the games were pretty fun. I thought the cut scenes in the first one were funnier but the characters in the second game have more things to do. For instance:

-- Lando has some pretty awesome Karate skills :D
    -- Slave Leia dances when you hold down the B button
    -- Chewie pulls Stormtroopers arms out of their sockets :p

4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, I'm not very good with videogames. I still have an old NES console with the Super Mario Bros. I can play those pretty well, though :p

Those sound pretty fun :D The boys like the game a lot because they can keep switching characters while they're playing 8-}

5. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Oh man! That drop in/drop out feature is terribly frustrating. When you're playing the game your other characters tend to all group very close together. Invaribly when you want to switch characters you'll switch to the wrong person and have to change characters multiple times. Also, I wish the other characters in your party wern't so utterly useless in battle. They just make a lot of noise with their weapons firing but your enemies never fall down so it's YOU that ends up having to kill everyone else. At least in the KOTOR games your companions could actually kill your enemies :rolleyes:

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks :( Does each character have different abilities?

I think I have an N64 with the Podracer and Rogue Squadron games, but it brike :( I suck at the RS, but I was pretty good with Podracer :D

How long did you keep your guy standing under the coin fountain?

7. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Well, I didn't keep my character under the fountain very long because I wanted to go to bed :p But before I did I spent my studs on the X2, X4, X6, X8, and X10 extra features. When you turn those on the studs you collect get multiplied by those numbers. When you turn them all on at the same time your studs get multiplied 3840 times. After that I managed to get more than a billion studs in about a minute :D But now that I've finished the game 100% I don't have anything left to do:(

As for the characters, a lot of them have different abilities, but not all.

-- Han shoots really quick and dodges very well
    -- Slave Leia dances and all of the Leia characters slap people as her melee attack
    -- Lando has those Karate moves but will also kiss Leia's hand when you press the B button next to her.
    -- Greedo is actually a great character. He's a fast shooter and (ironically) dodges really well. Also if you do a roll jump with him and press the fire button while he's in the air he'll fire his blaster really quick three times.
    -- Boba Fett can use his jetpack to fly and also has a larger gun.
    -- All of the ghost characters are great. No one ever pays attention to them and can't be killed or lose studs, unless you jump off a ledge or something
    -- Chewie pulls stormtroopers arms out of their sockets
    -- Stormtroopers will fall flat on their face if you try to make them do a roll jump.
    -- If you have the Fertilizer extra turned on you can make Dewbacks and Banthas poo while you ride them :D
    -- Even though C-3PO doesn't do anything except push buttons, if he gets damaged he'll start to lose parts of himself. He'll can lose both of his arms and one of his legs. For comedy's sake try shooting him till he loses both arms and his leg then have him push some buttons on a panel. He sort of wiggles around and slams it with his head :p
    -- 4-LOM is a great droid character. He's one of the bounty hunters so he can throw bombs but he can also activate any R2 or C3PO panel. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any melee attacks.

Those are really the only characters that do something very extra. The Jedi characters are all pretty much the same, the other random characters have blasters and dodge the same way, and the Gonk droid is totally useless.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Fun features :D

9. The_Eye_of_Strilo

The_Eye_of_Strilo Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2003
    Someone has my icon... [face_shame_on_you]

10. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I had it first!!! :mad:

:p

11. The_Eye_of_Strilo

Oct 27, 2003
    I had it in Oct 2003. :D

12. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Bah! I scoff at your '03 status!!

13. The_Eye_of_Strilo

Oct 27, 2003
    That's what I thought. Winnar = me.

14. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Happy Halloween all! [:D]

15. The_Eye_of_Strilo

Oct 27, 2003
    Thanks! I was hoping someone would up this thread...

16. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    No problem. I'm always willing to spam for a good cause :)

17. The_Eye_of_Strilo

Oct 27, 2003
    It really looks like spamming based on our matching icons... LOL!

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Happy Halloween :D I [face_love] this holiday. Dad goes all out decorating the outside of the house, with ghosts and skeletons and cobwebs and scary music. It's really fun, though I feel bad for the kids we scare.

19. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    w00+!! *high-fives Strilo* :p

And you shouldn't feel bad, Nat. Scaring kids this early in their lives will desensitize them to it later in life. You're actually doing them a favor :p

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] We actually haven't seen too many--and it's cold. Not exactly great weather for my costume (vampire's girlfriend--shirt has no sleeves and no shoulders). Ah, well.

21. barabel_humour

barabel_humour Jedi Master star 4

Nov 14, 2005
    I was a vampire for Halloween too! :D A loligoth vampire to be precise. I had something of a love-hate relationship with my fangs though, they looked real but I could barely speak or close my mouth whilst wearing them! [face_laugh]

In other news, I recieved 12 Cybermen voice-changers (they're basically masks/helmets but they make your voice sound like you've been "upgraded") which I definitely didn't order and priced at £39.99 are highly unlikely to sell and they're taking up too much space in my already overstocked section (bloody Canavan has a whole shelf to herself even though she's only written five books!). I also have four remote-controlled Daleks that haven't sold either. It seems I've been Dr Whowned by Head Office. :(

22. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    This was the coldest Halloween in recent memory.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Yeah, not a lot of kids came to our door :(

24. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    But the bright side is we have lots of extra candy :)

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.