The Hunt For Gollum - Highly Anticipated LOTR Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by andy1044, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. andy1044 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to bring your attention to a film that I recently co-scored and which was released today. The Hunt For Gollum is a 40 minute Lord of the Rings fan film of very high quality and production values and tells the story of Strider's, (Aragorn's), search for Gollum prior to the majority of events in the Lord of the Rings. This film has been hotly anticipated for a while, with many news outlets giving us coverage:

NPR: High-Def 'Hunt For Gollum,' New Lord Of The Fanvids
    BBC: Making Middle-earth on a shoestring
    Entertainment Weekly: 'The Hunt for Gollum': How awesome is the new trailer?

Also, I was interviewed as part of the most recent Tracksounds.com Podcast. For those of you who don't know, Tracksounds is one of the biggest soundtrack/soundtrack review websites out there, and has interviewed everyone from Howard Shore and Brian Tyler, to Hans Zimmer and Harry Gregson-Williams. For those of you interested in checking out my interview here's the Link.

Anyway, The Hunt for Gollum represents the culmination of years of effort on the part of the Director and Crew, and is definitely something you should check out.

As far as the music goes, I won't break down which cues I did and which ones I didn't do, but I will say the the score is a pretty even mix between my music and my co-composer Adam Langston's music. I just finished watching it myself and I will say that if you can set away 40 odd minutes to watch this film, you will not be disappointed.

For those of you questioning the legality of this film, in truth, we're in sort of a gray area on this one. Our director, Chris Bouchard, has met with representatives of the Tolkien estate and they have signed off on the project, saying that as long as we stay true to the material, and don't profit off the film we will be OK and lawsuit free.

I hope you enjoy the film! I worked on the score for around three months, and I am very happy with the results.

The Hunt for Gollum

Also, starting tomorrow, there will be a making of/behind the scenes video available up on the website which features another interview with me, in case you would like to learn more about the Music behind The Hunt for Gollum.

Enjoy!

Strilo edit: Sorry, but this really belongs in FanFilms.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.