1. Attention Guest.

This region will undergo restructuring. For more information regarding this process, please visit this thread

The Hunt for Gollum

Discussion in 'Sacramento, CA' started by TaintedJedi, May 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    For those Lord of the Rings fans out there, a new 40 minute fan film titled The Hunt for Gollum premiered yesterday. Based on the part of the appendices of LoTR, THfG fills in the gaps of the opening sequence of the Fellowship of the Ring Film - fearful of darkness in the East and the secrets Gollum knows, Gandalf asks Strider to find the former hobbit lest Sauron's Orcs capture him first.

Anyone who knows me knows how critical of a person I am, but I've got to say I was impressed with what a fabulous job these dedicated fans put together on a shoe string budget. In particular, I found their Gandalf excellent and Aragorn pretty well cast - although I have some quibbles with things like the exact pitch/deepness of Gollum's voice, the filmmakers, cast and crew should be incredibly proud. I hope both Peter Jackson and Guillermo Del Toro see it, because these folks all deserve a shot at getting on board The Hobbit films currently in (pre) Production.

-TJ
  2. TKJoker Jedi Knight

WOW someone else is up as late as I am?
  3. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.