main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Hunt For Luke (action figures) DOWNLOAD IT!

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JMaster Luke, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semaj Ovured

Semaj Ovured Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2000
    CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY I ONLY GET A DAMN WHITE SCREEN WHEN TRYING TO VIEW THIS FILM?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay, i feel better now. but seriously, help please!

2. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
    Is there a special codec you need? even w/ the direct links, I get nothing by a blank screen ... although the audio is there.

Which is wierd because I have the latest quicktime ...

Samj

3. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I'm sorry i dont know the answer to that. When i click on the links and download the film i see the whole thing. :(

can someone else help him?

4. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
  5. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    Been trying for three days to watch these films, no matter how long I sit, they never come up. I have Quicktime 5 pro. Maybe I should try it on my MAC? Or reload my PC with QT4......ahhhhhggggg!

6. guruguy

guruguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 22, 2002
    My Quicktime version is 5.0.2 and my explorer version is 6.0.26. Seems to work.

Semaj-Ovured and Rikalonius
    Have you tried using Bastion's links in this thread? Right click the link and "save target as". I tried this and got a very fast connection. Part one is about 23 Mb. If this doesn't work I'm curious to know exactly what happens. Do you get no file at all? Is the file you get unusable? :confused:

Bastion
    To create those links did you simply write down each of the download IPs from the download bar at the bottom of the explorer screen and type them into your posting or is there a better, more clever way to do it? (I'm trying to learn more so that my computer will frustrate me less!)

7. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    thanks for the info guruguy. hope that helps the ppl who can't view the movie. Hope ppl are still viewing it. Lets get more responses. i like reading ppls reactions to the movie. its fun. :)

8. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    good, pretty good, what am i saying?
    that was AWESOME.
    and i only watched part 1 ;-)
    The cantina scene was hilarious and the sound bites were great!

i saw your hand a few times, but that just makes it better.

9. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    althegreat thanks man. i dont know if seeing my hand made the movie better. accually it doesn't. but that'll be something i'll try not to show in my next film. Well if u liked the first part u really gonna enjoy the rest of the movie.

This is great. no one dislikes my movie. sound problems here and there but in general the movies good. :)

10. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
  11. althegreat

May 22, 2002
    i disagree, i think that your hand does in fact make it better, it adds to the ridiculous "mel brooks-ish-ness" aspect of the movie.
    Oh, by the way, i'm a 14 year old kid producing (writing the script for) a comedy right now (attack of the clowns) and i may have to steal some ideas. neener neener.

12. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    well althegreat i can't wait to see how your movie looks. I hope it turns out good. cuz i like action figure movies, and even though there are action figure movies out there with better special effects then mine they dont have any fun or interesting story to follow.

I'm not sure if i'm making the other movie or not. I know one thing. Im not making another movie unless i buy a dig video camera. and so far i dont have one.

And i dont have any Anakin E2 figure or a good dooku figure. Seeing as how i only have 2 e2 figures i probly wont make my next movie based around the time of E2. Maybe something right after TPM or after ROTJ but we'll see.

I just know for the next movie i really wanna use Mace Windu, Yoda, and Jar Jar. they gonna be fun to work with.

13. Semaj Ovured

May 8, 2000
    Nothing but a white screen, guruguy. Quicktime flashes a note that there's something wrong with the compressor.

Am I missing a codec here?

14. Rikalonius

Jul 26, 2001
    even though there are action figure movies out there with better special effects then mine they dont have any fun or interesting story to follow.

I finally saw it. You did good kid. Heck I don't even know how old you are. You know I get so wrapped up with my 3D work that I forget the simpleness just making it fun. You did that.

What equipment did you use? I don't want you to think I'm criticizing when I give you my run down of things to watch out for next time.

1. Beware the evil backlight. You have it all over the place.
    2. Sound, of which you know already. How are you incorporating it? How did you encode the movie?
    3. To many quips from other movies, use more sparringly for better effect.
    4. fluidity. Your action figures jump around a little to much. I know it isn't easy to minipulate action figures. They've got a good union and have a contract that says they only have to move their limbs a certain way. I blame the action figure agents. :)

Again, I like it. I wish I could help. If you need another voice just ask.

15. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Hey i like your reply. Thats what i like hearing. What i did right, and also what i did wrong. but i dont understand this one.

"3. To many quips from other movies, use more sparringly for better effect."

what u mean. quips= equipment?

and maybe i'm stupid, but whats sparringly.

U asked what program i used. I used Studio 400. it was the only program i had. now if i make the new one i'll be using studio 400+adobie premier 6.0, and maybe alittle bit of coral photo paint 10.

16. althegreat

May 22, 2002
    Luke- i never said it was gonna be action figures, it's gonna be LIVE ACTION in TECHNICOLOR!!!

17. Rikalonius

Jul 26, 2001
    jmaster luke,

quips means A clever, often sarcastic remark; a gibe But what I meant was all your movie sound files. Sometimes they are used to often. Since my dumass [pronounced du-mas] so I don't get in trouble with the admins, can't spell it is actually spelled Sparingly which means: Given to or marked by prudence and restraint in the use of material resources

In other words not as often.

Again, though I liked it. And am looking forward to another down the road.

18. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    man this topic went to the third page. i better bump it back to the first :)

19. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
  20. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Hey dammit now I CAN'T EVEN VIEW MY MOVIE! I get the white page too. I think i has something to do with quicktime cuz as soon as i downloaded the newest version i was not able to view my movies anymore.

Even under adobie premier. I tried then downloading my movie to see if those work, but those come out as white screens only, no film just sound. this sucks a##.

I'm now getting the movie from studio 400 thats in an AVI form and i'm making them into a new MOV. format. when i do that i'll try to put it on that web site and maybe all of u that couldn't view the movie could see it now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.