main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars The Hunt for Tavira- 11ABY (Immediately following I, Jedi)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Darth_Ziantor, Jul 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Cheshire_Cat

The_Cheshire_Cat Jedi Master

Jul 3, 2009
    IC: Riddle

Once the Chiss had rudely yanked Riddle's only release from life out of his mouth and tossed it carelessly on the floor, then left with all the attitude of a backwards donkey, the Kiffar fell back to his own ways. His own ways being: Ignoring the Jedi pet and treating it like dung.
    "Hey! You owe me! That was my last one!" He shouted at Jacen's retreating back, then relasped into grumbling, staring out to where Jacen had disappeared, his teeth grinding abnormally loud as he tapped his fingers against his knee. He glanced at the smoking butt on the ground and considered picking it up again and starting where he left off, but he cast this thought from his mind, feeling it would be safer where it was since he didn't know what the Cap had on this ship.

"Well..." Remarked Dart easily, "This is gonna be a long trip. At least if we survive Sergeant Psycho back there," Riddle grunted, but the Jedi wasn't finished, "Tavira should be a piece of cake." The Kiffar raised incredulous eyebrows, but didn't turn to acknowledge Dart in a face to face. "Those things'll kill you anyway, right?" Dart persisted, referring to his deathstick which was sadly no more, the soft orange embers quietly dying away.

"No more than anyone else can. I mean, cmon!" Riddle looked at the Jedi out of the corner of his eye, "Look where we're working, this'll kill us as well as any deathstick can. What's the difference? The deathstick just takes longer, and, trust me," He leaned forward, steepling his fingers beneath his chin, "I'm more likely to kick it from this job rather than deathsticks." He fell quiet again, not looking to engage anyone in a full blown conversation, the less attachments he made on this trip, the better. He still didn't forget the pain that had racked his body when he lost his siblings and his parents in the space of three years. It would be best to avoid anything like that happening again.

"I think we're almost there anyway..." The Kiffar said, mainly to himself as he stood up, crushing the 'stick beneath his boot, "I'll be in my bunk." Without a word of farewell, or even a nod, Riddle departed, taking the same route as the Chiss, and speeding by the Mandalorian's door a bit faster than he usually would have had he not been there. Tapping the 'door open' switch, he slipped inside, hissing accompanying his entrance as the door shut behind him. Quietly he pulled his small bag onto the bed and began to remove its contents, setting them in an orderly position on the sheets.
    A small blaster, his garrote wire, two remote explosives, and a few extra packs for his weapon should he run out the charge. It should prove to me more than enough for the coming assignment. He looked up at the ceiling, the hum of the travelling ship coursing through his body, and ever so slowly, ever so gently, lulling him to sleep. On the floor.

Tag: Dart, Katal

2. Tamlan_Eld

Tamlan_Eld Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    The Kiffar walked out. Dart was alone. The Kiffar has a point, he thought. He looked at the smashed 'stick on the deck. Then closed his eyes and cleared his mind for meditation. I should have listened to Skywalker, were his last thoughts as he entered the deep subconscious state.

Two weeks ago on Yavin 4:
    Skywalker stood at the viewport in his black robes, looking out at the jungle expanse. Slowly he turned, deep in thought. "I don't like the idea of you going after Tavira." Dart sighed and lowered his gaze to the floor. "I know you feel like you need to do something productive," skywalker continued, "and you are. You just got here, Dart. You lost your mother only weeks ago. The dark side is going to be strong at this point." He stood there looking at Dart with sympathetic eyes. "Belive me." He added.
    Dart raised his eye level to Luke's. "I know, Master, but I think that I'm... I think I'm meant to go." Dart thought it sounded carzy. "I can feel it."

3. grayaus

grayaus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2010
    OOC:can't post till Friday. Please don't change were we are. Got a good post in my mind.

4. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    IC: Tevin Katal

Once the ship had entered hyperspace, Tevin finally relaxed. Riddle had been shouting at the top of his lungs for awhile, but now there was just silence coming from the main part of the ship. Tevin considered making his way back there, then decided against it. It was better for them to converse on their own without the commanding officer around.

Riddle screamed something about his last one at some point. Tevin breathed a heavy sigh. Just what he needed. A deathstick addict going through withdrawl on the mission. When they landed at their first stop, he was sure that Riddle would somehow find the criminal element and score again. At least it wasn't spice.

Thoughts now back on the mission, Tevin pulled up the holochart. They were making their way to Tython first, where a source had leaked information that a Star Destroyer had parked in orbit and sent down shuttles to re-supply. Alpha Blue analysts had theorized that some deserters may have jumped ship on Tython. A New Republic Intelligence agent had started tracking the movements on one such supposed deserter.

Team Nexu was to rendezvous with this agent, posing as a strike team from New Republic SpecForces. They would capture and interrogate the man to find out Tavira's next movements.

Tevin watched at the viewport, falling into a light sleep. Last night had been crazy, and he needed to catch up on sleep before landing. He would let the others relax for a bit longer before he told them the first step of the mission.

TAG: All

5. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Jacen Werin
    Jacen was lying in his bed when he heard foot steps outside his door.
    Light.
    Fast moving.
    Heavy breathing.
    It was the Kiffar.
    "afraid of little old me" Jacen said out load. Jacen looked around his room. Nothing sharp. They must have moved ever thing out that could harm anyone on the team. Jacen let out a laugh. He stood up, went to his locker, opened it, and took out his sniper. There was a small blue button at the side, pressed it and out came a small combat knife. Jacen put it in a hidden compartment on his right arm of his armor and left the room. he walked into the Kiffar's room with a smile on his face. he walked over to were the Kiffar lay, and put the knife to his neck and put a hand on his mouth.
    "Now you listen to me" Jacen said. "You do what I say now. Of course you still have to listen to Katal, but if he tells you to do something I don't agree with don't do it. or I will kill you is that understood?"
    Tag: Riddle

6. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    Dart stood on the plains of Dantooine. He let the wind blow through his hair and carry his anxiety away. A smile moved across his face and he was glad to be home. His mother came up beside him and placed a hand on his shoulder. "You know," she said, "I am very proud of you." Dart's smile quivered as he held back tears. "But you can't join me yet. The Chiss is dangerous. You have to prevent them from killing each other, and you all have to get to Tython."

Dart awoke with a start, he was on the shuttle with Team Nexu. There was hatred and anger in the next bunk. Dart leapt from his bed and grabed his lightsaber on his way to Riddle's room.
    The door hissed open and there was the Mando, huddled over the Kiffar, with a blade in his hand. Dart's lightsaber snap-hissed to life and he pointed the icy-blue blade at the merc. "Get the hell away from him!".

7. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    When Jacen heard the door open and the lightsaber activate, he knew he was in trouble.
    "come on jedi." Jacen said trying to distract him. "this is not even a fair fight" as Jacen turned around knife tip in his hand. he through it at the Jedi's head.
    "For you" he thought to him self.

8. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    The knife came quickly toward Dart's face, fortunately Dart had the Force as an ally. He tossed the knife aside harmlessly. He smiled at the Chiss. "You've given up your edge against the Kiffar, unwise of you." Dart reached out to touch the Chiss' mind with the Force. "Now go back to bed." He said with the Jedi Mind Trick.
    TAG: Riddle or anyone else really

9. The_Cheshire_Cat

The_Cheshire_Cat Jedi Master

Jul 3, 2009
    IC: Riddle

"Mmmf?" Had been the poor Kiffar's only response as he awoke to a knife at his throat and the Mandalorian's whispered demands. Quite needless to say, if had only KNOWN that his smart mouth would get him into this much trouble, he would have gladly kept it shut. Alas. 'Twas not to be, and Riddle began to think fast as to how he would be able to get out of this rather tight situation. He could agree to the mad Chiss' orders, then stab him in the back when he walked away. He could NOT agree to the mad Chiss' orders, and get his throat cut, or his own back stabbed. He could bite the thing's fingers and get his throat cut in the ensuing pain. He could wrench Jacen's head back, knock away his hand, leap up and...

Ah.

Or, he could wait for the Jedi.

Damn.

This meant he owed him.

Jacen immediatly retaliated with the brief words,
    "C'mon, Jedi...this is not even a fair fight!" Although it was unclear as to whether he was referring to Dart and his powers and lightsaber, or his own skill, either way, the knife that was once at Riddle's throat was quickly whipped at Dart who batted it aside easily with an unseen wind. 'This must be the force...' Riddle realised, having heard stories, but never seen it face to face. With a start, he found that Jacen had stepped away from him, and with a grunt, he shot to his feet, his hands scrabbling on his bed for the small blaster he had set there before he passed out on the floor. For a small moment, a twinge affected the back of his throat and he deeply wanted a deathstick, but since the fecking Chiss had smashed his last one, he was now in a state of loss. With a cry, he whipped around, blaster in hand, pointing the barrel straight at Jacen's head. "Don't move!" He ordered, at the same time Dart said, "Now, go back to bed."

"Or go to bed!" Corrected the Kiffar, remaining on his back in his bunk, his equipment scattered about him.

Tag: Dart, Jacen, or Katal if he heard the noise

10. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    IC: Jacen Werin.
    "Now go back to bed." Came out of the jedi's mouth.
    "I will go to bed." Jacen said as he put his right foot in the air to move to the door, then turned around quick grading the blaster out of the Kiffar's hands. put him in a head lock, and pointed the gun at his head.
    "Now Kiffar, whats your name?" Jacen asked him.
    Tag: everyone

11. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    Dart should have known better than to try a mind trick on the insane. He lowered his lightsaber but didn't deactivate it. "What do you hope to gain here, Jacen?" Dart began moving slowly toward the Chiss. "We're in this together. You wanted to join this team, for one reason or another. Maybe if you return the blaster to the Kiffar then you and I can grab some caf and talk." Dart gave him a smile. "I give you my word as a Jedi that I won't stab you in the back." After a few steps toward the Mando, Dart motioned for him to lower his weapon. "I don't know about you, but I could go for a cup. Waddaya say?"

12. grayaus

Jun 30, 2010
    After hearing the offer Jacen smiled.
    " Fine, fine. That sounds good. But first I want to know the Kiffar's name." he said ready to kill the kiffar if Dart did anything stupid.

13. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    Dart was happy that it seemed he was making progress. Maybe this doesn't have to end poorly, he thought. "I've got a better idea," he said, "come with me now and I'll tell you how I got this." Dart pulled the collar of his shirt down to show a scar above his heart. "I know you Mandos love battle scars and war stories. C'mon, no reason we can't be comrades." Dart deactivated his lightsaber, but kept it in hand.

14. Darth_Ziantor

Darth_Ziantor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 5, 2005
    IC: Tevin Katal

Tevin was jolted out of his sleep by a loud noise coming from the cabin area. Flipping holocams on, he watched the encounter going on in Riddle's cabin. Stang. Why do they insist on killing each other every chance they get? Getting out of his seat, he made his way back to the crew cabins. Pulling out his DL-44, he checked that the blaster was set on stun.

He stepped in to the cabin. Riddle was still laying on his back in his bunk. Dart held his lightsaber low, but still lit. And Werin was holding a blaster, but he wasn't really pointing it at anyone.

"What the hell is going on here? Why is it that every time I leave you alone you try to kill one another. You are a TEAM. We're in this together. Werin, this is the last straw. Your privileges are hereby revoked and you will be locked in the brig until we reach the Invidious. We're going to be setting down on Tython soon, and you will remain on the shuttle while we are on planet. Any more problems and you will be jettisoned out of the airlock."

The Chiss turned the blaster on Tevin, obviously not willing to listen to his commanding officer. But Tevin was quicker on the draw, and his blaster spat out a bolt before the Chiss could get his aim set. The stun bolt hit him square in the chest, knocking the man out.

"Alpha Blue blasters. Specially modified for stun bolts to penetrate anything, including Mandalorian armor. Dart, take this man to the brig. Search him for any weapons on his person. I'm sure he's concealing something. Strip him of his armor. Don't worry. He'll be out until after we land. We might still need him to accomplish the mission, but I'm not going to let him run around any more than need be.

"We'll be entering the Tython system soon. I want you two ready to go when we get planetside. I'll debrief you when we land. Get your gear ready."

TAG: All

15. Tamlan_Eld

Jun 22, 2010
    Dart sighed, he had hoped that he could solve the problem without anyone getting shot. At least no one was dead. "You got it." He told Tevin. He leaned down and hefted the Mando up into his arms and carried him to the brig. Once there Dart set the Chiss on the lone bunk, it looked about as comfortable as laying on a sack of stones. Dart then made short work of stripping the trouble maker down to his under garments. Dart put all the prisoner's belongings in a nerf hide sack and stepped out of the hatch, locking it behind him. Dart took the sack back to Tevin. "Here you are, sir. It wasn't difficult, you knocked him out pretty good." Dart chuckled. "He's gonna have a helluva hang over." Dart's face became serious. "You think he's gonna be a problem?" Dart knew the answer, and didn't really know why he felt the need to ask. Maybe to take his mind off the last time he carried a body.

About four weeks ago on Dantooine:
    Dart laid his mother's body on the funeral pyre. Tears stung his eyes, but he continued his work. He was the only one at the service, the locals would have come had he invited them, but he didn't. He and his mother had defended the nearby farms and town center, and because of this she was dead. He knew that his mother would want him to continue to help others but he didn't want to stay here, on Dantooine. Dart knew in his heart where he had to go. He lit the pyre and stood back, his mother's body faded before his eyes and Dart wept.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.